Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun Culture - د پښتنو دود
Reload this Page Marriage to non-Pashtuns
User Tag List

(#1211)
Old
PF knowledgeable
asad71 is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 08-28-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arevapasht View Post
I suppose he meant that in some Muslim communities it is quiet common tht relatively close relatives intermarry, while it is mostly seen as bad for the health of the children if practised for longer periods.
1. You are right on this one.

2. Regarding Hindus, they have very strict cast division where inter-marriage is forbidden. The cast system is so powerful that the lower cast may not even touch the higher cast, use his well for fetching water, live under the same roof or eat from the same utensil. In fact the cook house has to be different. In spite of all efforts by social reformers there has been little change really.
(#1212)
Old
PF senior
Tjanaparh is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Aggressive
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asad71 View Post
1. You are right on this one.

2. Regarding Hindus, they have very strict cast division where inter-marriage is forbidden. The cast system is so powerful that the lower cast may not even touch the higher cast, use his well for fetching water, live under the same roof or eat from the same utensil. In fact the cook house has to be different. In spite of all efforts by social reformers there has been little change really.
Excuse me for sure, but as I know this cast view is not really rooted in Hinduism, because You can see that in ancient times there were a lot of children from parents of different casts. And same as I know firstly you were part of a cast according to your deeds and not Your birth. What happened is that people have distanced theirselves from the roots, but that happen not only to Hindus, that happens everywhere. I know many people who are Muslims that have no idea on Islam evident even for me, who has such a small knowledge on Islam, but ome people see being Muslim simply as something to birth related and did never even interest on Islam, I know such people. After but You see stupid people come nd say "Look - these are the Muslims, they are that and that...", even not thinking that those they consider as Muslims are so far away of Islam.

Ա՜խ, ընկել եմ քար ու քարափ,
Իմ սրբություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ,

Ես ծովակ եմ առանց կարապ,
Իմ էություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:

Ես անտառ եմ առանց եղնիկ
Իմ վեհություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:
(#1213)
Old
PF newbie
A Khan is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 08-29-2012, 04:06 AM

There being nothing like the hindu cast system in Islam, I see the point you are making..

The only 'differences' among muslims lie in ethnicity/tribe/school of thought, etc. But because fundamentally we do not believe any sect is superior or inferior to another, there is meant to be no discrimination. Every Muslim is a brother or sister to another, and so forth and the identity of muslim takes precedence over other identities.

Then again comes the fact that some [okay, most] communities prefer to have their children marry within that community, believing it is essential to keep them from disappearing in the long run..it is how they have survived so many years in the first place.

So which one is correct? Both are valid points, so ultimately it is probably the individual's and his/her family's decision..
The Following User Says Thank You to A Khan For This Useful Post:
Tjanaparh (08-30-2012)
(#1214)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
25tajik75pashtun is on a distinguished road

Default 06-15-2014, 05:50 PM

Any pashtun who willingly marries a punjabi is mentally ill.
(#1215)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
Since1947 is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 06-16-2014, 06:16 AM

^ Well, then I guess more and more Pashtuns are becoming mentally ill.

Pakistan Zindabad.
Baz Washen Pakistan.
Zama Khaista Watan Pakistan.
(#1216)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 06-16-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1947 View Post
^ Well, then I guess more and more Pashtuns are becoming mentally ill.
lol only the most liberal of families with no values would allow their daughters to marry a punjabi - the pashtuns that do this are a complete and utter disgrace, I'm glad the tajiks of our country have enough sense to not let their daughters go near men who will only ask of them to cook dal for the rest of their life. The only punjabis of worth are sikhs and they're not so great either.
(#1217)
Old
PF senior
Kushan Prince is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 06-16-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25tajik75pashtun View Post
lol only the most liberal of families with no values would allow their daughters to marry a punjabi - the pashtuns that do this are a complete and utter disgrace, I'm glad the tajiks of our country have enough sense to not let their daughters go near men who will only ask of them to cook dal for the rest of their life. The only punjabis of worth are sikhs and they're not so great either.
Pashtuns that marry tajiks are also mentally ill.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold".

-Old Pashtun proverb

"My Pashtun Pride i will not hide!"
(#1218)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 06-16-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan Prince View Post
Pashtuns that marry tajiks are also mentally ill.
stay butthurt my punjabi loving friend, you've revealed your paki face.

Tags
khan baba retard, marriage, nonpashtuns