Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Pakistan air base under attack: officials
User Tag List

(#41)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 08-25-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph85 View Post
i have no doubt that these offenses will be coordinated with the US, pakis make the talib flee and the US will finish them off in afg. the US has been pressing the pakis for years to mount an offensive and while it won't be against the haqqanis, the US will still be pleased. for the US it will be better for the pakis to attack the local support network of the haqqanis than do nothing at all. even if ttp elements flee to afghanistan, they will be in far more danger than when they were back at home and left alone.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/south-...my_795698.html
No operation in North Waziristan: Pak Army

Last Updated: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 14:03

Islamabad: The Pakistan Army has reportedly announced that no military operation will be launched in the country’s North Waziristan region, despite having vowed to take on militants in the area only a few days back.

According to a statement attributed to the Army Headquarters, Miranshah, troops were not in North Waziristan to start operation, but to carry out uplift projects.

The radio quoted Army sources as saying that development will be done with the help of tribesmen, the Nation reports.

According to the paper, the Pakistan Army advised people not to listen to the speculations about the operation.

The radio also said Western media was hell-bent to destroy Pakistan.

Neither the Pak Army nor ISAF will be allowed to launch any operation in North Waziristan, it added.

ANI

Last edited by Shah-i-Kot; 08-25-2012 at 12:53 PM.
(#42)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 08-25-2012, 01:26 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph85 View Post
unlike the afghan taliban, the ttp are pretty ingrained in their power bases and have never been tested under a full scale assult.
What was Paks 2004 war in Waziristan and their loss of over 5000 Pak soldiers. It was more than "full scale" however you define that.

Quote:
the paki military has never mounted an offensive to drive these people out of their power bases.
Not true.

Quote:
the pakis exterminated the militants in swat, but that was a war they fought because they knew they could win it. until a couple of years ago, hakimullah was giving interviews without a care in the world, i suspect he has gone underground because he fears other ttp commanders more than the paki army.

unlike the afghans, the paki taliban are very divided among tribal lines and one faction can not travel as freely as one might think. drone attacks have done enough damage, a legitimate military assault by the pakis could do major damage if they are sincere about it and its not merely for show. time will tell.

Drone attacks have only "exterminated" mostly Pashtun civilians.

The Pakistan Army only "exterminated" Pashtun civilians in Swat, and they were defeated there as they were in Waziristan before.

Loss of 5000 Pak soldiers is more than NATOs stated losses.

"It in effect counts all military-age males in a strike zone as combatants, according to several administration officials, unless there is explicit intelligence posthumously proving them innocent," is how the Times report it.
https://rt.com/usa/news/drone-strike...asualties-604/
http://www.alternet.org/story/156264...remote_control

In fact, not that many high value targets/militants have ever been killed by drone attacks.
For example, it has been mentioned that Hakimullah was killed several times in the last 4-5 years, and it never turned out to be the case. Unless they are zombies, the drone attacks are only killing civilians, and very blatantly, and like the NATO war itself, is a failure substitute for the the lack of a North Waziristan operation (whether by NATO or Pak) which itself would not achieve anything. 11 years and people are supposed to believe North Waziristan is the reason for NATO failure. How about all of Afghanistan is the reason for NATO failure?

http://www.opednews.com/articles/US-...20821-631.html

Last edited by Shah-i-Kot; 08-25-2012 at 01:34 PM.
(#43)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 08-25-2012, 07:26 PM

i read, 10 civilians to 1 militant are killed by drones in pakistan.
wars are disgusting but this is even a more inhumane way to fight a war. this is how america is planning to do the majority of their fighting in the furure.
(#44)
Old
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,435 Times in 1,795 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default 08-26-2012, 05:43 PM

You cant fight wars with drones alone. you need boots on the ground.
(#45)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-26-2012, 05:59 PM

i said, 'majority of their fighting' that means 'mostly, not all of their fighting. i assume the minor fraction would be boots on the ground.
(#46)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-26-2012, 06:11 PM

the aim is to have drones and have mercenary armies be the boots on the ground. that is why they wont build an afghan air force.
(#47)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-26-2012, 06:27 PM

so why are 17 afghan military men and 4 afghan miltary women, being trained as pilots at lackland, texas?
(#48)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-26-2012, 06:33 PM

elevan years later......
(#49)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-26-2012, 06:39 PM

oh, so you expected them to do that eleven years ago, when there was no afghan military men and women to train?
so why are they training them now, if they have no plans for afghan air force?
stop diverging khushal. you have a bad habit of this.
(#50)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-26-2012, 06:55 PM

No I expected them to do that ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, or two years ago.

Tags
air, attack, base, officials, pakistan