Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Zia Ul Haq
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
PF senior
JAMALUDEEN is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 08-19-2012, 04:29 AM

He was such a nice muslim guy..so sincere..he used to hold a quran all the time and he would even give salah 5 times a day... yet he didnt go to jihad himself...loL he even wanted to implement sharia in pakistan...but didnot suceed maybebecause his imaan wasnt strong enough or people did not supprt it...
(#12)
Old
PF senior
Friend is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 08-19-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaludeen View Post
He was such a nice muslim guy..so sincere..he used to hold a quran all the time and he would even give salah 5 times a day... yet he didnt go to jihad himself...loL he even wanted to implement sharia in pakistan...but didnot suceed maybebecause his imaan wasnt strong enough or people did not supprt it...
At that time he was holding two positions army chief and president. You can't fight when you are running the country as well. Even if he was a chief of army staff, you know chief of the army staff does not fight.
(#13)
Old
PF Moderator
torkham is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Angry
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default 08-19-2012, 06:33 AM

Friend and Jamaludeen: I have not judged Ziaulhaq's aqida or imaan, indeed he may have been a very pious Muslim, he shall be judged by Allah(ST). i remember he banned alcohol consumption in officer's mess's which was common in pak military. So he espoused Islamic values.

my opinion is that this pious five timer Muslim is also capable of making mistakes and for not going far enough, for a muslim leader and general, sitting next to Muslim brothers being invaded. my family and I, and other friends sat displaced in Pakistan (i am sure it is inconsequential, we could have been displaced through Iran) and observing in the media our afghan fighters resisting the Russians. Pakistan was not involved in the fighting; Zia raises this concern in the clip when he says:

‘with their freedom is our freedom’ and then something I didn’t understand, then,
‘khuda na khasta if they(afghans) have shikast/defeat, then the next number is us(Pakistan)’ So the shikast he referred to was shikast of afghans.

So as an individual he was a considered devout Muslim, as for a leader, he was not enough, his governance was lacking, because the support he received from the Americans was substantial, but the camps provided in Peshawar and elsewhere could have been funded by Pakistanis without American aid.
Question arose, where did the money go?

Pak secret services: Gen ZH ordered, ’march right!’, ISI sauntered left. And due to lack of governance Zia was saying one thing, what transpired later was something else.
Question, what is Pakistan’s agenda?

Fighting the Afghan war? Did Zia or his troops fight in the Afghan war?
The Americans? They just funded, delegated a war for their purpose.

What would happen if Zia not ‘helped’? Well America would have found another personality in Pakistan to channel their support, surreptitiously through Gwadar, Balocihistan, Kandahar. There are many in Pakistan who would have participated in the American plan.

Bredmal: The Zia Jordan/Israel incident I heard about it but can’t comment on.

I am willing to accept that it was not his intention to have an ulterior agenda, but the people he was in charge of (military/SS) certainly did, sadly the buck stopped with him. It is my contention he was the wrong man because he lacked the skill-set to be the General (who was helping his brothers), because in doing so so many suffered. He, I think, suffered visions of Sallauddin.

(BTW I was in Pakistan when Zia was in power, and recounting what I heard in the press and in the majlis).
The Following User Says Thank You to torkham For This Useful Post:
Friend (08-19-2012)
(#14)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-19-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
At that time he was holding two positions army chief and president. You can't fight when you are running the country as well. Even if he was a chief of army staff, you know chief of the army staff does not fight.
Excuses..
The Following User Says Thank You to JAMALUDEEN For This Useful Post:
Tjanaparh (08-19-2012)
(#15)
Old
PF senior

Default 08-19-2012, 10:31 AM

Torkham, i respect your view.. but there is no point..guessing..options...

fact remains.. you can either be a good muslim or not..

you can't be a good muslim in personal life..and not be one as a leader...
(#16)
Old
PF Moderator
torkham is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Angry
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default 08-19-2012, 10:52 AM

Jamaluddin, agreed. he was seen as pious muslim with good intentions.
(#17)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,312 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Default 08-19-2012, 11:36 AM

he died way before my time, but who was behind killing him?
(#18)
Old
PF contributor
abassinafghan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default 08-19-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
, my feeling is that it was not his intention, he only knew the military overview of the....
KABUL SHOULD BURN THIS WERE HIS WORDS !!!!!

When the sowjet withdrawl was coming , in a meeting between him and reagons envoy , the americans wanted to establish a american regime with the current so called mujahedin of the day .

zia could convince them , that he knows best what this people need , and that is islam .

to tragic , that he was not willing to establish the kind of islam ,he wants in afghanistan , in his own country pakistan .

he took advantage of the war for establishing a permanent political leverage of the daal eaters in our country .

and the result can be seen in people like pradai 2010 , friend and others who will find an excuse for everything , and then they are so bold to take islam as a reference for the political interessts of foreign countries , blending out every other factor .

besides his role of the black septem

Tags
haq, zia