Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun Culture - د پښتنو دود
Reload this Page Marriage to non-Pashtuns
User Tag List

(#1191)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Midnight_Sun is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 08-17-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abassinafghan View Post
there are two options , wether he was so goodlooking for a man and had strong spirits OR he was a nasty feudal criminal abusing his power .

but anyways , i SALUTE HIM we need more such potent and strong men .

I never really knew my grandpa too well, but he definitely was not handsome. What he lacked in looks, he made up in confidence. He came from nothing. Somehow through sheer determination, he became one of Afghanistan's first helicopter pilots, and self taught engineer. He helped build a few famous bridges, and also worked on the Kajaki dam. With his money, he bought land in Laghman, Kabul, Jalalabad, and Maidan Shar.

His mother, brothers and his sister were forced out of Kandahar after a blood fued. They are Alakozay, but his mother was a Shia Hazara from Zardalu village.
(#1192)
Old
PF contributor
abassinafghan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default 08-17-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I never really knew my grandpa too well, but he definitely was not handsome. What he lacked in looks, he made up in confidence. He came from nothing. Somehow through sheer determination, he became one of Afghanistan's first helicopter pilots, and self taught engineer. He helped build a few famous bridges, and also worked on the Kajaki dam. With his money, he bought land in Laghman, Kabul, Jalalabad, and Maidan Shar.
SEE !!!!!!

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT !!!! I HAVE AN EYE FOR GEMS AND
HUMAN GEMS . And I never failed till know ! .

You should be proud to be his grandson , and take an exampel of him to
make him proud of you . your deeds should be not less than his . at the end you share the same blood .
(#1193)
Old
PF senior
Laila is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,244 Times in 949 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 08-17-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Sun View Post

His mother, brothers and his sister were forced out of Kandahar after a blood fued. They are Alakozay, but his mother was a Shia Hazara from Zardalu village.
I may know your family quite well. I will further explain through a message.

Btw, did you get your grandfather's height? lol
(#1194)
Old
PF senior
کیش is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,260 Times in 1,027 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default 08-17-2012, 08:44 PM

My old man was quite similar to midnight suns. I dont know about any illegitimate children, but he had four wives and up to 20 kids. My grandma (his fourth) was younger than some of his daughters.

He also came from nothing. His family left Khadar Khel, and Kharot land in and around Waziristan/Paktika because of the continuing war with the British. He became a successful businessman in Kabul, enquiring a lot of land and assets. But the poor man died in Peshawar in the 80's a broke man; when the war started people (including relatives) stole majority of his assets.
(#1195)
Old
Prince Of PF
Adam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 1,826 Times in 1,408 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 08-17-2012, 09:07 PM

The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
randolph85 (08-19-2012)
(#1196)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Midnight_Sun is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default 08-18-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by کیش View Post
My old man was quite similar to midnight suns. I dont know about any illegitimate children, but he had four wives and up to 20 kids. My grandma (his fourth) was younger than some of his daughters.

He also came from nothing. His family left Khadar Khel, and Kharot land in and around Waziristan/Paktika because of the continuing war with the British. He became a successful businessman in Kabul, enquiring a lot of land and assets. But the poor man died in Peshawar in the 80's a broke man; when the war started people (including relatives) stole majority of his assets.

Yeah..I have an uncles and aunts who are my age and I don't call them uncles or aunts. In fact, some of them are told to call me laalaa.

After working on my family tree, I also realized it resembles more a bush lol...or a Madagascar Baobab tree.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midnight_Sun For This Useful Post:
RevolutionThroughReason (08-19-2012), Tjanaparh (08-18-2012)
(#1197)
Old
BANNED
RevolutionThroughReason is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,143 Times in 974 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default 08-19-2012, 12:49 PM

I think we can all pretty much relate to Midnight Sun on some level, not my grandfather but HIS father had numerous Indian women as mistresses; back then Indians, especially Sikhs used to come to Afghanistan to do trade. This one Sikh family who was said to be of Lahori origin used to send their daughters out to be servants, my greatgrandfather's family had become major land owners in Ghazni,. Long story short, he hired ALL the daughters of several Sikh families in his area of Ghazni, which were about 6 or 7 families, and they would often mysteriously go cleaning the bathhouse everyday. it is said people would hear ecstatic noises coming from the bathhouse, while his 3 wives, were all making dodai. Apparently this was not only accepted but ENCOURAGED.
(#1198)
Old
PF knowledgeable
M17ArnoBaloch is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 08-19-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionThroughReason View Post
I think we can all pretty much relate to Midnight Sun on some level, not my grandfather but HIS father had numerous Indian women as mistresses; back then Indians, especially Sikhs used to come to Afghanistan to do trade. This one Sikh family who was said to be of Lahori origin used to send their daughters out to be servants, my greatgrandfather's family had become major land owners in Ghazni,. Long story short, he hired ALL the daughters of several Sikh families in his area of Ghazni, which were about 6 or 7 families, and they would often mysteriously go cleaning the bathhouse everyday. it is said people would hear ecstatic noises coming from the bathhouse, while his 3 wives, were all making dodai. Apparently this was not only accepted but ENCOURAGED.
whats dodai?

جی وا ترا بلوچ ، ذندان بلوچ ، کلو واتنییے
G wa tra Baloch , Balochistan Zindabad

The Following User Says Thank You to M17ArnoBaloch For This Useful Post:
Pisho (08-19-2012)
(#1199)
Old
PF contributor
Pisho is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)