Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Kalash valleys will be lost if not included in Unesco World Heritage
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11)
Old
asad71's Avatar
asad71 asad71 is online now
PF knowledgeable
asad71 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 581
Thanks: 159
Thanked 119 Times in 97 Posts
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default 08-01-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
They are barred or they have barred themselves ?
1.They are barred by administrative measures. Employment, education, healthcare and participation in public life are areas where they are kept somewhat absent. Well meaning citizens or NGOs are prevented from coming to the aid of these people. It is officially a fact that some sociological studies are carried out on them.

2. India does the same thing, but in a more exposed manner in Andaman - Nicobar Islands.
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
Karachi Karachi is online now
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 5,224
Thanks: 249
Thanked 1,306 Times in 959 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default 08-01-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asad71 View Post
1.They are barred by administrative measures. Employment, education, healthcare and participation in public life are areas where they are kept somewhat absent. Well meaning citizens or NGOs are prevented from coming to the aid of these people. It is officially a fact that some sociological studies are carried out on them.

2. India does the same thing, but in a more exposed manner in Andaman - Nicobar Islands.
True, but I think the problem is both of those people are so unique, that is why governments dont want them too assimilate them in to main stream cultures and ways
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,585
Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 08-01-2012, 07:54 PM

i read that the natives of nicobar/andamans suffered from catching diseases from other people entering their areas, so outsiders were or are banned from the protected native lands.
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
pashtanajan's Avatar
pashtanajan pashtanajan is offline
PF Frequent visitor
pashtanajan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 397
Thanks: 242
Thanked 152 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Earth
Default 08-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
Well we don't need a kafir to tell us who is good and who is bad.
Can you please tell me how much pork do you consume per day ?
No need to use such language. If you read Islam, forceful conversion is in fact not allowed. An individual has the right to practice whatever he believes in as long as it doesn't hinder anyone else's rights. The Kalash people should choose for themselves freely what they want to believe in, and forcing them to convert is inhuman. How would it feel if I pressured you into converting to another religion, such as Hinduism (using as an example)? And by the way, saying "how much pork do you consume per day?" in a mocking fashion is quite disrespectful. I'm not pointing my fingers towards you, as I've seen many fellow users with similar mannerisms.

The words you use while discussing anything with another user, reveals your personality. Don't be so hot-headed, discuss anything you want in an intelligent manner as it reveals your maturity and wisdom. If you're such a fighter for Islam, then you should know that no prophet in Islam or Sahaba has disrespected another's beliefs or has put down another. If someone doesn't agree with you, either move on, discuss more intelligently or agree on disagreeing. Don't take everything so personally.


True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us. - Socrates

Last edited by pashtanajan; 08-02-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pashtanajan For This Useful Post:
Badlun (08-02-2012), Tjanaparh (08-05-2012)
(#15)
Old
Friend Friend is offline
PF senior
Friend is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,130
Thanks: 667
Thanked 369 Times in 309 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default 08-01-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashtanajan View Post
No need to use such language. If you read Islam, forceful conversion is in fact not allowed. An individual has the right to practice whatever he believes in as long as it doesn't hinder anyone else's rights. The Kalash people should choose for themselves freely what they want to believe in, and forcing them to convert is inhuman. How would it feel if I pressured you into converting to another religion, such as Hinduism (using as an example)? And by the way, saying "how much pork do you consume per day?" in a mocking fashion is quite disrespectful. I'm not pointing my fingers towards you, as I've seen many fellow users with similar mannerisms.

The words you use while discussing anything with another user, reveals your personality. Don't be so hot-headed, discuss anything you want in an intelligent manner as it reveals your maturity and wisdom. If you're such a fighter for Islam, then you should know that no prophet in Islam or Sahaba has disrespected another's beliefs or has put down another. If someone doesn't agree with you, either move, discuss more intelligently or agree on disagreeing. Don't take everything so personally.
Who has converted them by force ???
He is a perfect liar.
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
Tjanaparh Tjanaparh is offline
PF senior
Tjanaparh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,198
Thanks: 1,563
Thanked 942 Times in 693 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default 08-05-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
Who has converted them by force ???
He is a perfect liar.

I know some Kalash people and am relatively aware on the problems the face, and they have big problems as with physical as with psycological force on their comunity from the country they are inluded in.
By the way You should know that people like Kalasha not so many time fare were much more, and You supposedly know what happened to them?
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Karachi Karachi is online now
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 5,224
Thanks: 249
Thanked 1,306 Times in 959 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default 08-05-2012, 11:01 PM

kalash and some other dardic tribes are few of the last remaining indo aryan tribes. I think their culture should be preserved, even if they become muslims
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heritage, included, kalash, lost, unesco, valleys, world

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.