Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page An interesting picture of Mohammad Ali Jannah
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
PF knowledgeable
asad71 is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 07-20-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drona View Post
What do you mean by 'Indian culture'. Jinnah assumed different identities in various stages of his life. So was this normal in Indian Muslim culture, Indian athiest culture, Shia culture, twelver culture, khoja culture or Gujrati culture? Please clarify.

'Indian culture' encompasses monogamous and polygamous and polyandrous societies, endogamous and exogamous societies, patrilineal and matrilineal societies.

'Indian culture' is an amalgation of Indic faiths like Sanatan Dharma, Buddism, Jainism, Sikhism as well as non-Indic ones like Islam, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, Bahá'í and Judaism.

I will not go into the details of 100s of linguistic subcultures all of which have distinct matrimonial customs and traditions as it will confuse most of the members here
Nope, there is no Indian culture as such. Everybody is different and at times in conflict. Go East, West, South, North or be in the Center - all are different. Language, culture, religion, ethnic identity and even much of history differs. India's efforts at achieving "Unity Through Diversity" hasn't worked.
(#12)
Old
PF knowledgeable
JattApache is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 07-20-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asad71 View Post
Nope, there is no Indian culture as such. Everybody is different and at times in conflict. Go East, West, South, North or be in the Center - all are different. Language, culture, religion, ethnic identity and even much of history differs. India's efforts at achieving "Unity Through Diversity" hasn't worked.

(#13)
Old
PF knowledgeable
drona is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Scared
Default 07-20-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Yep. India is going to disintegrate any day. Just tell your Jamaati friends to hold their collective breaths.

It will be a great day for Bangladesh when all the remnants of Pakistan's 'genetic engineering' asphyxiate.
The Following User Says Thank You to drona For This Useful Post:
JattApache (07-20-2012)
(#14)
Old
PF knowledgeable

Default 07-20-2012, 06:31 AM

Yep, all S Asian Muslims, Low Cast Dalits and the Tribals are waiting for that day. The Maoists in 6 States and NE 7 States are waiting. Another Ahmed Shaha Abdali can descend down the Hindukush and take whatever is left of Hindustan. The Green Flag shall fly again from the ramparts of Red Fort and the towers of all forts. The Muazzen's call shall be heard again universally and without hindrance. The indigenous people of Hindustan have proved only one thing in these last 65 years. They can't run the show. The Muslims must be back to rule.
The Following User Says Thank You to asad71 For This Useful Post:
Friend (07-20-2012)
(#15)
Old
PF knowledgeable

Default 07-20-2012, 06:48 AM

Lmao. Not this Gazwa-e-Hind cr@p again !! Watching your spiritual daddy Jahil Hamid's show lately, eh ?
Come on, gimme some of the stuff that you are smoking too
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drona For This Useful Post:
Adam (07-20-2012), ComradePashtun (07-20-2012), JattApache (07-20-2012)
(#16)
Old
PF knowledgeable

Default 07-20-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drona View Post
Lmao. Not this Gazwa-e-Hind cr@p again !! Watching your spiritual daddy Jahil Hamid's show lately, eh ?
Come on, gimme some of the stuff that you are smoking too
No I can't give it to a Low Cast / Untouchable.
(#17)
Old
PF knowledgeable

Default 07-20-2012, 10:50 AM

^
.. And here I thought that there was no untouchability in Islam ! Or are you one of those special 'Muslims' who bow and scrape before the tall, fair and martial types but scoff at dark, scrawny 'shoodars' and 'daleeets' ?
The Following User Says Thank You to drona For This Useful Post:
ComradePashtun (07-20-2012)
(#18)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,624 Times in 2,298 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 07-20-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I've met many Indian Muslims, and there are incredibly patriotic. I've had long conversations with them, and honestly, they feel more patriotic about India then the Hindus I've met.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#19)
Old
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,797 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default 07-20-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionThroughReason View Post
Even though I shun the practice of people who are drastically older marrying someone so drastically younger. You can't judge the character of someone by the currently accepted norms of our time, but rather the norms of their time.
Time is not the issue here. It is the society. This practice is still normal over there, it is just not normal where you live, that is why you shun it.

Tags
ali, interesting, jannah, mohammad, picture