Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun History - د پښتنو تاريخ
Reload this Page 850 Looted treasures returned to Afghanistan by British Museum
User Tag List

(#21)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,620 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 07-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by حکیم خان اورګونی View Post
I have read many of your posts and your mindset is that of a house negro.

If some Afghan steals the artifacts, its allowed. They are from his country.

If a farangai does the same, he is a thief of the jewels; like their queen.
Stealing is unconditionally wrong. Race, or ethnicity does not justify such utterly odious crimes.

Best,

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#22)
Old
PF contributor
Hakim Khan Urgonai is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 07-19-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
Stealing is unconditionally wrong. Race, or ethnicity does not justify such utterly odious crimes.

Best,
It depends.

An Afghan thief stealing from Afghans is better than an English one doing the same in my eyes.

Dark Vader Ghost King El Malo Camello Papa

Pro-Black is Pro-Righteous!
(#23)
Old
Administrator

Default 07-19-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
It depends.

An Afghan thief stealing from Afghans is better than an English one doing the same in my eyes.
Both are human, both are at fault, and both should unequivocally be condemned.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
The Following User Says Thank You to Admin Khan For This Useful Post:
pashtanajan (07-19-2012)
(#24)
Old
PF contributor
Hakim Khan Urgonai is on a distinguished road

Default 07-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
Both are human, both are at fault, and both should unequivocally be condemned.
Yes, but an Afghan has more right to steal from his father's land than a White boy.

Dark Vader Ghost King El Malo Camello Papa

Pro-Black is Pro-Righteous!
(#25)
Old
PF contributor
abassinafghan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default 07-20-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
If some Afghan steals the artifacts, its allowed. They are from his country.
Quote:
Yes, but an Afghan has more right to steal from his father's land than a White boy.

unfourtently your afghan dont steal for himself or his own collection but for some foreigners who party meanwhile he just get pennies for it !

the same case with the new ressources , instead of exploting them by their own , they give away billions for millions .

first of all , there is no proof those things are geniue , peshawar is and was full of alot of crapp and counterfeits , the real interessting and valubel artefacts are lost forever . no one will give it back or just declare it as iranian or pakistani .

i have some books from habibi where some really rare artefacts are discribed and also photographed , but you wont find them anymore .

besided when the plundering happend , it was not done by poor starrving people or your average joe , but ahmad shah massouds thugs and other good people .

what was left over was destroyed or stolen .

and to sell your heritage and the cultural heritage of your children for a few rotten dollars is own of the worest things one can do .
(#26)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,604 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default 07-20-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
Can you expect something good from a corrupt govt ? It is better I keep it and utilise it for my own use.
there are lots of honest people working in currupted systems without raising their voices because they think no one else feels the same as they do or that no one will support them if they spoke against it. When you say " what is the point", you support that curruption. You become a part of it. That's how curruption happens. Lots of people being selfish and a whole lot more lacking the backbone to speak up. At the very least, you have to play your own role well.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamDZJ For This Useful Post:
Tjanaparh (07-22-2012)
(#27)
Old
PF senior
Tjanaparh is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Aggressive
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:
It depends.

No, an English thief would be simply a plunderer and enemy, the afghan one would disrespect his own nation, that is quiet worse, and its even not the artefacts value but the selfattitude that counts.

Ա՜խ, ընկել եմ քար ու քարափ,
Իմ սրբություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ,

Ես ծովակ եմ առանց կարապ,
Իմ էություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:

Ես անտառ եմ առանց եղնիկ
Իմ վեհություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tjanaparh For This Useful Post:
abassinafghan (07-22-2012), randolph85 (07-23-2012)
(#28)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 05:14 AM

i can't judge these poor people who might sell some old artifact. the country will soon be ravaged for the minerals in the soil, so how is that much different than selling some old statue?
i think some on pf, have no knowledge of poverty.
(#29)
Old
Administrator

Default 07-22-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
i can't judge these poor people who might sell some old artifact. the country will soon be ravaged for the minerals in the soil, so how is that much different than selling some old statue?
i think some on pf, have no knowledge of poverty.
It's just a shame, and a direct result of illiteracy which causes ignorance. Such a shame, looting their own nation, and trying to sell it's artifacts so another nation can put it up in their museum. National traitors.

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#30)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 09:04 AM

it is a shame but afghans have been living in internally displaced camps in their own country due to many reasons. how can they be traitors if, as you say, they are uneducated and ignorant?
what, do you think it is better they die of starvation?
The Following User Says Thank You to faye For This Useful Post:
Hakim Khan Urgonai (07-23-2012)

Tags
850, afghanistan, british, looted, museum, returned, treasures