Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun History - د پښتنو تاريخ
Reload this Page 850 Looted treasures returned to Afghanistan by British Museum
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is offline
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,545
Thanks: 588
Thanked 4,620 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 07-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by حکیم خان اورګونی View Post
I have read many of your posts and your mindset is that of a house negro.

If some Afghan steals the artifacts, its allowed. They are from his country.

If a farangai does the same, he is a thief of the jewels; like their queen.
Stealing is unconditionally wrong. Race, or ethnicity does not justify such utterly odious crimes.

Best,


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
(#22)
Old
Hakim Khan Urgonai's Avatar
Hakim Khan Urgonai Hakim Khan Urgonai is offline
PF contributor
Hakim Khan Urgonai is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,605
Thanks: 580
Thanked 294 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default 07-19-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
Stealing is unconditionally wrong. Race, or ethnicity does not justify such utterly odious crimes.

Best,
It depends.

An Afghan thief stealing from Afghans is better than an English one doing the same in my eyes.


Dark Vader Ghost King El Malo Camello Papa

Pro-Black is Pro-Righteous!
Reply With Quote
(#23)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is offline
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,545
Thanks: 588
Thanked 4,620 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 07-19-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by حکیم خان اورګونی View Post
It depends.

An Afghan thief stealing from Afghans is better than an English one doing the same in my eyes.
Both are human, both are at fault, and both should unequivocally be condemned.


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Admin Khan For This Useful Post:
pashtanajan (07-19-2012)
(#24)
Old
Hakim Khan Urgonai's Avatar
Hakim Khan Urgonai Hakim Khan Urgonai is offline
PF contributor
Hakim Khan Urgonai is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,605
Thanks: 580
Thanked 294 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default 07-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
Both are human, both are at fault, and both should unequivocally be condemned.
Yes, but an Afghan has more right to steal from his father's land than a White boy.


Dark Vader Ghost King El Malo Camello Papa

Pro-Black is Pro-Righteous!
Reply With Quote
(#25)
Old
abassinafghan abassinafghan is offline
PF contributor
abassinafghan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,114
Thanks: 250
Thanked 404 Times in 276 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default 07-20-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
If some Afghan steals the artifacts, its allowed. They are from his country.
Quote:
Yes, but an Afghan has more right to steal from his father's land than a White boy.

unfourtently your afghan dont steal for himself or his own collection but for some foreigners who party meanwhile he just get pennies for it !

the same case with the new ressources , instead of exploting them by their own , they give away billions for millions .


first of all , there is no proof those things are geniue , peshawar is and was full of alot of crapp and counterfeits , the real interessting and valubel artefacts are lost forever . no one will give it back or just declare it as iranian or pakistani .

i have some books from habibi where some really rare artefacts are discribed and also photographed , but you wont find them anymore .

besided when the plundering happend , it was not done by poor starrving people or your average joe , but ahmad shah massouds thugs and other good people .

what was left over was destroyed or stolen .


and to sell your heritage and the cultural heritage of your children for a few rotten dollars is own of the worest things one can do .
Reply With Quote
(#26)
Old
IamDZJ's Avatar
IamDZJ IamDZJ is offline
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 12,413
Thanks: 17
Thanked 2,604 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: d ashna pa jaib k
Default 07-20-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend View Post
Can you expect something good from a corrupt govt ? It is better I keep it and utilise it for my own use.
there are lots of honest people working in currupted systems without raising their voices because they think no one else feels the same as they do or that no one will support them if they spoke against it. When you say " what is the point", you support that curruption. You become a part of it. That's how curruption happens. Lots of people being selfish and a whole lot more lacking the backbone to speak up. At the very least, you have to play your own role well.



I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IamDZJ For This Useful Post:
Tjanaparh (07-22-2012)
(#27)
Old
Tjanaparh Tjanaparh is offline
PF senior
Tjanaparh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,199
Thanks: 1,564
Thanked 945 Times in 694 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default 07-22-2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by حکیم خان اورګونی View Post
It depends.

An Afghan thief stealing from Afghans is better than an English one doing the same in my eyes.


No, an English thief would be simply a plunderer and enemy, the afghan one would disrespect his own nation, that is quiet worse, and its even not the artefacts value but the selfattitude that counts.


Ա՜խ, ընկել եմ քար ու քարափ,
Իմ սրբություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ,

Ես ծովակ եմ առանց կարապ,
Իմ էություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:

Ես անտառ եմ առանց եղնիկ
Իմ վեհություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tjanaparh For This Useful Post:
abassinafghan (07-22-2012), randolph85 (07-23-2012)
(#28)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,585
Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 07-22-2012, 05:14 AM

i can't judge these poor people who might sell some old artifact. the country will soon be ravaged for the minerals in the soil, so how is that much different than selling some old statue?
i think some on pf, have no knowledge of poverty.
Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is offline
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,545
Thanks: 588
Thanked 4,620 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 07-22-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
i can't judge these poor people who might sell some old artifact. the country will soon be ravaged for the minerals in the soil, so how is that much different than selling some old statue?
i think some on pf, have no knowledge of poverty.
It's just a shame, and a direct result of illiteracy which causes ignorance. Such a shame, looting their own nation, and trying to sell it's artifacts so another nation can put it up in their museum. National traitors.


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,585
Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 07-22-2012, 09:04 AM

it is a shame but afghans have been living in internally displaced camps in their own country due to many reasons. how can they be traitors if, as you say, they are uneducated and ignorant?
what, do you think it is better they die of starvation?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to faye For This Useful Post:
Hakim Khan Urgonai (07-23-2012)
Reply

Tags
850, afghanistan, british, looted, museum, returned, treasures

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.