Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Entertainment - ساعت تيري
Reload this Page Muhammad Ali - Racial Integration
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,300 Times in 953 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Muhammad Ali - Racial Integration - 07-19-2012, 11:54 PM

is he correct?

Muhammad Ali - Racial Integration - YouTube

Last edited by Karachi; 07-19-2012 at 11:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karachi For This Useful Post:
Master Khan (07-21-2012)
(#2)
Old
PF Bacha
Master Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,215 Times in 936 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 07-21-2012, 08:39 PM

yes he is correct.
Mixing up races just don't seem right, to keep your culture and race alive then you must marry your own race.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa!

خیبر پښتونخوا manana Tor Khan
(#3)
Old
PF Moderator
torkham is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Angry
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default 07-21-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Khan View Post
yes he is correct.
Mixing up races just don't seem right, to keep your culture and race alive then you must marry your own race.
I agree with this 100%. Whether my progeny will follow this idea is another matter. Hence I intend to keep my boys close to our kaliwal ways and expectations so they don't get swept away by some bombshell from Russia or china or Africa. I want to keep keep my Pashtun blood and culture flowing in same way as it has in the past. I want to see a pashtun girl in our home, speaking Pashto to my grand children, wearing Kali we recognise. Call me old fashioned, I am Pashtun.

Last edited by torkham; 07-22-2012 at 10:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to torkham For This Useful Post:
Master Khan (07-23-2012)
(#4)
Old
PF senior
Toramana is on a distinguished road

Thanked 3,355 Times in 2,326 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Default 07-21-2012, 09:24 PM

I totally disagree with what he says. Although, I wish my kids to marry in Pashtun families but I am no one to make that decision for them after they attain adulthood. And my liking for that culture comes from my brought up in that culture not that I think that, that is the only option for my kids. This race thing is not biological. We are not distinct species.

Any two humans - a girl and a boy from anywhere in the world can mate and bear children although cultural and ideological considerations may be sometimes and for some people important in that thing.

Last edited by Toramana; 07-21-2012 at 10:00 PM.
(#5)
Old
Administrator
tor_khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,711 Times in 984 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 05:54 AM

I daresay that Mohammed Ali may have changed his view since that infamous interview with Parkinson.

There was a time during the 60s/70s when Afro-centric awareness was becoming popular amongst key sections of people and Mohammed Ali was swept up in that.

As for the separation of 'races' and cultures - I find that a difficult one. I don't want to dictate this to my progeny, but neither do I want the language and culture to end with me.

(#6)
Old
PF senior
Friend is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 07-22-2012, 06:04 AM

I agree otherwise there will be no Pashtun but all punjabis in Pakistan. All tajik uzbak in Afghanistan. No pure pashtun you will find on the face of the earth. I like Pashtuns only as far as marriage is concerned.
(#7)
Old
PF Bacha
Master Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,215 Times in 936 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toramana View Post
I totally disagree with what he says. Although, I wish my kids to marry in Pashtun families but I am no one to make that decision for them after they attain adulthood. And my liking for that culture comes from my brought up in that culture not that I think that, that is the only option for my kids. This race thing is not biological. We are not distinct species.

Any two humans - a girl and a boy from anywhere in the world can mate and bear children although cultural and ideological considerations may be sometimes and for some people important in that thing.
I disagree with you, Different culture and language just doesn't mix.
when both boy and girl speak same language, same culture then its alot easier and feels right.
you won't see a Pashtun marrying some African toray just because he is Muslim or a human being.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa!

خیبر پښتونخوا manana Tor Khan
(#8)
Old
PF contributor
Hakim Khan Urgonai is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 07-23-2012, 10:38 AM

Mohammad Ali just said all that because he believed in the NOI which preaches seperatism.

One Ummah.

Dark Vader Ghost King El Malo Camello Papa

Pro-Black is Pro-Righteous!
(#9)
Old
PF senior
randolph85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,883 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Default 07-24-2012, 01:30 AM

i see the point he is making, but i think it figures more into religious/national identity than strictly ethnic. either way, he made some good points but oh how the mighty have fallen.

There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That's a good religion.

- Malcolm X
(#10)
Old
PF senior
Khostai is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default 07-24-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Khan View Post
I disagree with you, Different culture and language just doesn't mix.
when both boy and girl speak same language, same culture then its alot easier and feels right.
you won't see a Pashtun marrying some African toray just because he is Muslim or a human being.
Difrent races can mix quite good actualy, but the thing is that most of the time there is just one culture and one language that is dominant in the relationship. Its never 50/50 whith two peopel of totaly difrent backround. And by they way if that Pashtun say was brought up in south Africa and had many black friends, and he knows the culture and the langauge, and when his parents are liberal then marrieng an African can be not that big of a deal.
I saw Pashtun marrieng Russians, Germans, Italiens, arabs, pakis and Indians, so why would Africans be an exception?

Tags
ali, integration, muhammad, racial