Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Pakistan Taliban threaten attacks after NATO supply routes deal
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pakistan Taliban threaten attacks after NATO supply routes deal - 07-03-2012, 02:49 PM

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48061748

Pakistan Taliban threaten attacks after NATO supply routes deal

Published: Tuesday, 3 Jul 2012 | 1:32 PM ET

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - The Pakistani Taliban militant group threatened to attack trucks carrying supplies to U.S.-led NATO troops in Afghanistan after Islamabad and Washington reached a deal to re-open the lines.
"We will attack NATO supplies all over Pakistan. We will not allow anyone to use Pakistani soil to transport supplies that will be used against the Afghan people," the group's spokesman told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.
(Reporting by Jibran Ahmad; Writing by Michael Georgy)

Last edited by Shah-i-Kot; 07-03-2012 at 03:15 PM.
(#2)
Old
PF senior

Default 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM

All those people who have been pretending to be Anti-Pakistan- you are intellectually dishonest because they made your NATO war/Karzai regime possible.

even these paki generals are still not opening their mouths saying the lines have opened.

They dont have the guts

Last edited by Shah-i-Kot; 07-03-2012 at 03:14 PM.
(#3)
Old
PF senior

Default 07-03-2012, 11:50 PM

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-New...-Nato-supplies
TTP threatens to attack Nato supplies

Mushtaq Yusufzai
Wednesday, July 04, 2012

PESHAWAR: The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) on Tuesday threatened to attack the Afghanistan-bound Nato supply vehicles.

“We were shocked to hear that Pakistan has opened Nato supply lines. We had stated earlier that it was a drama staged by the Pakistani rulers to get maximum benefit from the United States. Pakistani rulers have no love with the country and the people.

They are US slaves and wanted to enslave the entire Pakistani nation. But we are here to create hurdles for Nato supplies passing through Pakistan,” said Ihsanullah Ihsan, the spokesman for the TTP.

The government announced to reopen the Nato supply line late Tuesday night. Ihsan said the TTP had made all arrangements for attacking the trucks and oil-tankers taking supplies for the Nato forces in Afghanistan via Pakistan.

“They would see how our fighters attack them while passing through the country. We will not allow Pakistan’s routes to be used for the supply of lethal arms that could later be used against the people of Afghanistan. Afghans are our brothers and we would not allow the US to take their supplies through Pakistan to kill innocent people,” the TTP spokesman threatened.

He said it was now time for the religio-political parties to come forward and practically stop the Nato supplies through Pakistan.The TTP spokesman said that some religious and political parties had opposed the resumption of Nato supplies through Pakistan just to get public support.

Meanwhile, President of All Pakistan Oil-Tanker Association, Shakirullah Afridi said the contractors had approached them and asked them to make their vehicles available in Karachi by July 7 for taking fuel to Afghanistan. He said he had refused to resume Nato supplies before their fares were increased and security of the drivers, helpers and their vehicles was ensured.

Tags
attacks, deal, nato, pakistan, routes, supply, taliban, threaten