Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page U.S., Pakistan fail to reach deal on supply routes ahead of NATO summit
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default U.S., Pakistan fail to reach deal on supply routes ahead of NATO summit - 05-20-2012, 10:48 AM

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/0...f-nato-summit/

U.S., Pakistan fail to reach deal on supply routes ahead of NATO summit

From Mike Mount and Elise Labott, CNN
Chicago (CNN) - The United States and Pakistan will not reach a deal on opening NATO supply routes before coalition leaders meet on Sunday, two senior U.S. officials told CNN.
"There is no deal, and there won't be one until President (Asif Ali) Zardari returns" to Pakistan, one senior official said, "and even that is not assured."
The two sides had hoped to have a deal before Zardari arrived in Chicago this weekend to join NATO allies and other coalition partners for a meeting on Afghanistan.
"The main thing is to get a deal," one senior official said. "It's less important as to when."
(#2)
Old
PF senior

Default 05-20-2012, 10:49 AM

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-New...of-Nato-routes

DPC announces ‘long march’ against reopening of Nato routes

our correspondent
Sunday, May 20, 2012

LAHORE: The Difa-e-Pakistan Council (DPC) on Saturday announced a ‘long march’ from Karachi to Islamabad on May 27 against the restoration of Nato routes and resumption of supply lines through the country.

The decision was taken at a meeting of DPC party heads held at Mansoora presided by DPC Chairman Maulana Sami-ul Haq.

Speaking to media persons after the meeting, Maulana Sami-ul Haq said that a convicted and unlawful prime minister had no right to decide vital national issues, and that the rulers had bypassed parliament to restore the supplies.

He said that people from every city and town from Karachi to Islamabad would join the long march, and their protest would continue until the rulers withdrew their decision. However, he insisted that the protest would be peaceful as the DPC did not believe in violence. He said a committee had been set up under the leadership of JI Secretary General Liaquat Baloch to finalise arrangements for the long march.

The DPC chief also said that a countrywide protest would be held on May 25. Religious scholars and Khateebs would voice their concern over the resumption of the Nato supplies in their Friday sermons.

In response to a query, he said that all political parties, including the PTI and PML-N, had been invited to the meeting, but Mian Nawaz Sharif and Imran Khan had left for London. It was unfortunate that whenever the nation faced any serious crisis, certain national leaders flew abroad, he remarked.

Replying to a question, he said that if Nato supplies were restored, the US and its allies would get a new life and have a chance to stay in the region for another ten years. With that, the massacre of the Afghans and the drone attacks would continue, he said. “If it happens, Pakistan will be the most affected country.”

The DPC chief claimed that Nato supplies were against the teachings of Islam and that the Pakistani nation would not allow their resumption to facilitate the massacre of its Muslim brethren.

He also said that the DPC condemned the government’s decision to grant India the Most Favored Nation (MFN) status, and that this decision was like stabbing the Kashmir freedom movement in the back. He expressed the DPC’s solidarity with its Kashmiri brethren and assured them of his full support in their struggle for freedom.

Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) Ameer Syed Munawar Hasan, Jamat-ud-Dawa Chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, Awami Muslim League (AML) Chairman Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed, General (Retd) Hameed Gul, Pakistan Muslim League-Z President Ejaz-ul Haq, former Prime Minister Azad Kashmir Sardar Atiq-ur-Rehman, Hafiz Ibtisam Ilahi Zaheer and Maulana Muhammad Tahir Mehmood Ashrafi all attended the conference.
(#3)
Old
PF senior

Default 05-20-2012, 10:50 AM

http://www.thefrontierpost.com/article/162636/

PTI to bring people on roads if NATO supply restored

Posted on May 20, 2012

Junaid Iqbal
MALAKAND: Tehreek-e-Insaf will bring public on roads if NATO supply was restored by the government without following the guide lines set by the parliament committee for Americans and its coalition partners.
Asad Qaisar P.T.I provincial president K.P told this to the media persons at the residence of P.T.I Malakand President Junaid Akbar at Thana.
Asad Qaisar told that P.T.I will resist if the government reinstate NATO supply and will bring the people tsunami on roads. He told that Pakistan has bore unbearable economic losses in the war against terrorism, while thousands of innocent peoples have lost their lives in this un- fruitful war.
He told that Pakistan must des- associate it self form war against terrorism. He told that NATO supply should not be restored until the American's written apologize on Salala incident.
He told that P.T.I will contact other political parties on the issue of NATO supply and will make joint strategy for action. He told that P.T.I workers are waiting for Imran Khan's call and after his call Tsunami of people will be on road.
Asad Qaisar while addressing Malakand division cabinet members told that P.T.I is the only political party in Pakistan where all the decisions are made with consultation and the voice of every worker are given such importance as given to the leaders.
He told that after 30th October Tsunami the P.T.I leadership have recognized that the people joins P.T.I should give their due rule according their ability and talent and that is why party high command have decided to start membership campaign in all over the country till 30th June and after that election from union council to central level should be held and for that purpose a committee under Hamid Khan Advocate has formulated which will set guide lines for P.T.I election.
He told that all P.T.I workers must take personal interest in membership campaign and the voice of Imran Khan will be reach to very house. He told that the people of Pakistan are fed up from these corrupt politicians and they want real change which can bring only by P.T.I.
On this occasion district Swat president Dr. Amjad ,General secretary Fazal Hakeem, Chitral president Abdul Latif, General secretary Sultan Khan, Dir Lower President Fakhar Zaman, Bunir president Amir Rahman, Saad Abdullah from Peshawar, General secretary Malakand Yaqoob Khan and voice president Inaam Khan and other were also present.
Junaid Iqbal
MALAKAND: Tehreek-e-Insaf will bring public on roads if NATO supply was restored by the government without following the guide lines set by the parliament committee for Americans and its coalition partners. Asad Qaisar P.T.I provincial president K.P told this to the media persons at the residence of P.T.I Malakand President Junaid Akbar at Thana. Asad Qaisar told that P.T.I will resist if the government reinstate NATO supply and will bring the people tsunami on roads. He told that Pakistan has bore unbearable economic losses in the war against terrorism, while thousands of innocent peoples have lost their lives in this un- fruitful war. He told that Pakistan must des- associate it self form war against terrorism. He told that NATO supply should not be restored until the American's written apologize on Salala incident. He told that P.T.I will contact other political parties on the issue of NATO supply and will make joint strategy for action. He told that P.T.I workers are waiting for Imran Khan's call and after his call Tsunami of people will be on road.Asad Qaisar while addressing Malakand division cabinet members told that P.T.I is the only political party in Pakistan where all the decisions are made with consultation and the voice of every worker are given such importance as given to the leaders. He told that after 30th October Tsunami the P.T.I leadership have recognized that the people joins P.T.I should give their due rule according their ability and talent and that is why party high command have decided to start membership campaign in all over the country till 30th June and after that election from union council to central level should be held and for that purpose a committee under Hamid Khan Advocate has formulated which will set guide lines for P.T.I election.He told that all P.T.I workers must take personal interest in membership campaign and the voice of Imran Khan will be reach to very house. He told that the people of Pakistan are fed up from these corrupt politicians and they want real change which can bring only by P.T.I.On this occasion district Swat president Dr. Amjad ,General secretary Fazal Hakeem, Chitral president Abdul Latif, General secretary Sultan Khan, Dir Lower President Fakhar Zaman, Bunir president Amir Rahman, Saad Abdullah from Peshawar, General secretary Malakand Yaqoob Khan and voice president Inaam Khan and other were also present.
(#4)
Old
PF senior

Default 05-22-2012, 03:17 PM

http://www.newspakistan.pk/2012/05/2...rch-on-May-27/

Tags
ahead, deal, fail, nato, pakistan, reach, routes, summit, supply