Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Pakistanis hold countrywide anti-US protests
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pakistanis hold countrywide anti-US protests - 05-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Pakistanis hold countrywide anti-US protests
Thu May 17, 2012 1:25AM GMT
Zahid Hussain, Press TV, Peshawar
In Pakistan, protesters have held rallies across the country -- expressing their anger at Israeli and American intervention in the Muslim world. They condemned the brutal acts of Israel against the oppressed people of Palestine.

Anti US sentiments was at its peaks in Pakistan on Wednesday as people in their thousands shouted “Down with America” in protest demonstrations held countrywide to voice their anger against the Israeli and American intervention in Muslim world and the Israeli atrocities against the people of Palestine.

People from all walks of life, including women and children, participated in the demonstrations which were held in major cities of Pakistan.

The demonstrators held banners and placards inscribed with “Down with America” and “Down with Israel” slogans.

Hard-hitting speeches were made condemning the brutality of Israel against the oppressed people of Palestine.

Leaders at the demonstrations said US and Israeli forces were behind the unrest and sectarian violence that has plagued the country for years and has claimed thousands of innocent lives.

Demonstrators also opposed the possible restoration of Pakistan’s supply routes for US-led forces fighting in Afghanistan and demanded of the Pakistani government to permanently close the supply lines for the forces which they said were big threat to the peace and sovereignty of the country.

The demand for permanent closure of the supply routes came amid speculations that Pakistan is all set to reopen its ground routes for supplies to US-led forces, which it closed after a US airstrike that killed at least 24 Pakistani soldiers at the north western Pakistani border with Afghanistan last November.

With strong anti US sentiments, the demonstrators torched flags of the United States and Israel.

While strongly condemning the American intervention in Muslim countries, Religious scholars at the countrywide demonstrations urged for unity among the Muslims across the world against what they called the American and Zionist conspiracies hatched to destabilize the Islamic world.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/05...tius-protests/
The Following User Says Thank You to Shah-i-Kot For This Useful Post:
faye (05-17-2012)
(#2)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 05-17-2012, 01:09 AM

they need to close the airbase where the drones fly out from.
(#3)
Old
PF senior
Shehbaz Khan is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default 05-17-2012, 02:12 PM

^ It's closed in Pakistan now .. The Drones no more fly from here

yao warokay ghwandi baagh ao pa khwa ye seen rawan!
(#4)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 05-17-2012, 10:13 PM

really? that is very good shebhaz.

Tags
antius, countrywide, hold, pakistanis, protests