Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page What if there is a UNION between Afghanistan & Pakistan
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21)
Old
Shah-i-Kot Shah-i-Kot is offline
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,705
Thanks: 122
Thanked 293 Times in 266 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default 05-05-2012, 12:57 AM

If it could be done, it would have been done.

Iraq war 2003 is evidence for that^
Reply With Quote
(#22)
Old
Ghorzang's Avatar
Ghorzang Ghorzang is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Ghorzang is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 171
Thanks: 22
Thanked 69 Times in 34 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default 05-05-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
Afghanistan in the future will need access to ports- an independent and free Afghanistan.

However, while obviously not the only reason, Afghanistan not having an access to a port right now- is one of the reasons that the US/NATO is on the verge of a humiliating defeat- (talk of pact is rubbish when you consider the actual context- this is actually the reason Ryan Crocker is getting so angry even after signing so called pact with the puppet Karzai). Strategically, this is a fact.

Pakistan has supported the US/NATO/Karzai war with the critical supply routes, and previously supported drone attacks. These actions have led to the bloodshed of Pashtuns. In this regard, Pakistan has not been protective of either the Pashtun population within Pakistan, and especially within Afghanistan. Those bullets used in the Kandahar massacre came from Pakistan air supply routes.


It would only be wise for Afghanistan to join with Pakistan when it is ruled by a sensible religious Pashtun PM, and a Pashtun Army general, only those who would never support war upon Pashtuns as Musharraf did when he supported NATO/Karzai with supply routes.

I dont know when this will happen, but when it does, this is the only time that that can be considered, basically, when an emergent Pashtun block is in place (not the Awami National Party because that is largely a joke)
There is no doubt about Pakistan's interference in Afghanistan and it is crystal clear as to "Why?".

Both our crucial neighbours (who can provide us access to the sea/world) are acting as our enemies. It would have been been so much better if at least one of them would have been on our side. We either have to make friendship with one of these 2 countries or get rid of one.

There is absolutely no way for Afghanistan to align with Iran (from a Pashtun and Sunni perspective - they would Shiaize and Persianize the entire country in no time). Breaking and weakening Iran is also out of the question at the moment.

Therefore Pakistan plays a very important role. If Afghanistan wants to have a piece of mind, it either has to breakdown Pakistan into smaller states (we obviously can't do it ourself), or some how form a union/friendship with it. One way or another we have to guarantee Pakistan that we do not want Balochistan and Pakhtunkhwa any more and we are willing to accept the durrand line. Both break-up and union/friendship are possible.

The best thing about a union is that, neither Pakistan nor Afghanistan is losing any land. It will be a single and larger state - name it Ariana to keep every one happy.

This is my personal opinion and thought, but I have been thinking that one way or another, we have to solve our problems with Pakistan. Afghanistan can never afford to major enemies on 2 fronts blocking their access to the world, interfering in it's politics and so on.

This topics was started so we can discuss the UNION option between Afghanistan and Pakistan if it was every possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghorzang View Post


well, your question is your answer. Why have they not done it? When will they do it?

Why are they not threatening North Korea over its nuclear program?

Why have they not gone to war with Iran yet?

Why did they go to war with a defenseless Iraq (with no offensive capabilities)? And Libya?

You tell me
There can be many reasons like (1) two wars were more than enough for the time being (2) they needed a supply route and like a puppet, Pakistan was doing whatever the master ordered it to do - there was no reason to attack them (3) now that Pakistan has closed it's supply route, there is a very good reason for the Americans to take care of the Balochistan issue - a permanent and stable supply route (4) now that they are out of Iraq and will be reducing the number of troops in Afghanistan, they can easily attack Iran/Pakistan if/when needed (5) why should they attack interfere in Pakistan if they are planning to reduce their troops in Afghanistan? The answer can be why they attacked Afghanistan in the first place? or what would they gain from turning Pakistan into pieces? maybe cutting China's access to the Indian Ocean or all these other political and economic reasons (6) North Korea is not an issue for US and attacking it would be like strangling China - they will never in their dreams attack NK (7) and many more.
Reply With Quote
(#23)
Old
Khostai Khostai is offline
PF senior
Khostai is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 2,658
Thanks: 275
Thanked 752 Times in 610 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default 05-05-2012, 08:09 AM

you say Iran can persianize whole Afghanistan population but what about Punjabizing whole Afghan population. Punjabis are not culturless poepel, they also have there own culture that for most of PAshtuns form afghanistan is totaly alien. Didn't you think about that.....
Reply With Quote
(#24)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is offline
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,545
Thanks: 588
Thanked 4,620 Times in 2,297 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 05-05-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMalakandGhar View Post
I think Pashtuns of Pakistan are making good progress and will never like to join a land-locked Afghanistan and live under Persian/Tajik cultural and (now) military domination. Unification under regional integration is, however, another matter, which they may look at favorably. Presently, they are spreading fast from Islamabad all the way to Karachi securing themselves access to sea-ports.
This is a funny comment. First of all, Pashtuns in this day and age are not capable of deciding who to live under. With such a staggering uneducated populace, we are in no position to control our fate, let alone "choose". Just yesterday I met an Afridi, and I was astonished at his views. He pretty much told me he is willing to spit on the name of Pashtunkhwa if it means he will be granted American citizenship. That's how bad the situation there is. Allow me to remind you, he is a Ph.D student studying Mathematics here at Cornell, and his objective is bringing his family to the US, from what he called the "ghetto"[Pakistan].

Pashtuns of Pukhtunkhwa live under the Punjabi/non-Pashtun cultural and military domination already, so I'm not sure if Persian would be any different. Either way you put, the situation is bad, real bad. I do agree that some teeney tiney progress has been made. Give Pashto 100 years in Pakistan, I can almost assure that if nothing changes in the upcoming decade, then Pashto is well on the verge of extinction in Pakistan. Despite having 50-60million speakers, the language is getting zero to none technical attention.


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
(#25)
Old
Blue Flower's Avatar
Blue Flower Blue Flower is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Blue Flower is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 90
Thanks: 4
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Beloved's Heart
Lightbulb 05-05-2012, 11:10 AM

Since i joined the PF i have noticed that there is a strange punjabi phobia on our pakhtun minds we have our own culture there are various other cultures also and no state can ever have all its citizens having same ethenicity.

We should realize that we have been living in a single country even before Islam it was only when British Forces seperated us and now we are on the same path.

I think in a new state it will create a unique balance between Pakhtuns, Punjabi,(Sindhi & Seraiki) with pakhtuns having more provinces and a dominant chance of centeral government.

Remember we have since ages never converted anyone on our pakhtun culture , so no one can convert us also it is up to us we take care of our culture and make it intact.
Reply With Quote
(#26)
Old
Ghorzang's Avatar
Ghorzang Ghorzang is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Ghorzang is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 171
Thanks: 22
Thanked 69 Times in 34 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default 05-05-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khostai View Post
you say Iran can persianize whole Afghanistan population but what about Punjabizing whole Afghan population. Punjabis are not culturless poepel, they also have there own culture that for most of PAshtuns form afghanistan is totaly alien. Didn't you think about that.....
Punjabi language and culture is almost the weakest in Pakistan. The lingua franca and national language of Pakistan is Urdu, not Punjabi. Pashto language is taught as a subject in schools, while Punjabi isn't - from what I have heard. There is absolutely no room for us to compare Persian with Punjabi or Iran with Pakistan. They are far more superior culturally, linguistically, economically, politically or in any other aspect than any other country in that region.

Any union with Iran will be disastrous for us Pashtuns, our language, our culture and our religion (Sunni-Islam).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flower View Post
Since i joined the PF i have noticed that there is a strange punjabi phobia on our pakhtun minds we have our own culture there are various other cultures also and no state can ever have all its citizens having same ethenicity.

We should realize that we have been living in a single country even before Islam it was only when British Forces seperated us and now we are on the same path.

I think in a new state it will create a unique balance between Pakhtuns, Punjabi,(Sindhi & Seraiki) with pakhtuns having more provinces and a dominant chance of centeral government.

Remember we have since ages never converted anyone on our pakhtun culture , so no one can convert us also it is up to us we take care of our culture and make it intact.
Absolutely agree with you here.

If we were to ever create a union between Afghanistan & Pakistan, it is very likely that Pashtuns will be able to dominate it - well not if they remain asleep.
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
Ghorzang's Avatar
Ghorzang Ghorzang is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Ghorzang is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 171
Thanks: 22
Thanked 69 Times in 34 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default 05-05-2012, 01:36 PM

"Linguistic" census reduce Pakhtuns' population in Pakistan from 35 % to 15%
Jan Assakzai

Though the official number of Pakhtuns in Pakistan constitutes 15 percent of country's population, some NGOs and observers believe that their actual number could be between 40 to 50 million comprising over 35 percent of country's population, provided and "ethnic" demographic is carried out instead of "linguistic" census. The main reason for Pakhtuns' under counting is the census only choice: spoken-language-at home-principle whilst there is no racial or ethnic background choices available in the census form as is the case in multi-cultural countries like the United State or United Kingdom.

here is the article.. http://21centuryreforms.blogspot.ca/...-pakhtuns.html
Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
KGODB's Avatar
KGODB KGODB is offline
PF Frequent visitor
KGODB is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 345
Thanks: 51
Thanked 89 Times in 73 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM

never in a million years will i ever accept this idea

i would rather fence and mine the durand
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KGODB For This Useful Post:
(#29)
Old
randolph85's Avatar
randolph85 randolph85 is offline
PF senior
randolph85 is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 7,267
Thanks: 878
Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,883 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default 05-05-2012, 04:59 PM

i don't even trust afghans to run afghanistan, i sure as hell wouldn't trust non afghans who have historical animosity towards us to work well with us. in the grand scheme of an islamic union i think its possible...in like 200 years. both our houses are on fire, a union any time soon would just be a bigger house with bigger flames. afghanistan is trouble, and pakistan has played out its islamic solidarity card decades ago.


There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That's a good religion.

- Malcolm X
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
Talal's Avatar
Talal Talal is offline
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 3,367
Thanks: 115
Thanked 585 Times in 421 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default 05-05-2012, 07:13 PM

how do you propose a merger will solve any problems ? I do think that they need to work together and tackle their problems looking out for each other's interest..that will serve both countries better than a merger.


It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
afghanistan, pakistan, union

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.