Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page Karzai Seeks Speeded-Up Exit of U.S. Troops
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Shah-i-Kot is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Karzai Seeks Speeded-Up Exit of U.S. Troops - 04-20-2012, 12:37 AM

Karzai Seeks Speeded-Up Exit of U.S. Troops

Posted on Apr 19, 2012

Afghan President Hamid Karzai is calling for an accelerated departure of American forces a day after controversial photos were published showing U.S. soldiers posing with body parts of insurgents. Karzai said a faster turnover to Afghan security forces is the only way to prevent similar “painful experiences” from happening in the future. He also condemned the photos, calling them “inhumane and provocative.”
The Guardian:
US military and civilian leaders attempted to douse the latest scandal involving American troops in Afghanistan by swiftly condemning the photographs, published by the Los Angeles Times, which said it had 16 other images it had not made public.
“It is such a disgusting act to take photos with body parts and then share it with others,” Karzai said in a statement from his office that warned previous “similar incidents of odious nature” had sparked an angry reaction among Afghans.
“The president underlines that the only way to put an end to such painful experiences is through an accelerated and full transition of security responsibilities to Afghan forces,” the statement said. It did not address the presence of Afghan police officers, at least one of whom appeared to be posing for the camera, in one of the published photos.
Read more
The Taliban, which denounced the photos as “gruesome,” addressed the presence of Afghan soldiers in the pictures. “Some Afghan hirelings ... posed in the photos, at their masters’ orders, to scorn the remains of martyrs,” the militant group said in a public statement.

The photos were taken by U.S. paratroopers in 2010. —TEB

http://www.truthdig.com/eartothegrou...arts_20120419/
(#2)
Old
PF senior

Default 04-20-2012, 12:43 AM

Is this his Shah Shuja moment? Or is it another one of his class acts?
(#3)
Old
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,789 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default 04-20-2012, 12:44 AM

he is calling for a speed y exit and then at the same time is demanding billions in aid in return for permenant bases in the country.
(#4)
Old
PF senior

Default 04-20-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushal View Post
he is calling for a speed y exit and then at the same time is demanding billions in aid in return for permenant bases in the country.
Thats what was funny. A few days ago he is asking for a meager $2 billion a year. A US senator, Carl Levin says that they can not do that... It doesnt even look as if any White House official commented about the $2 billion request.

and then today Karzai says this because he is supposedly angry about the gruesome pictures.

I think it is just a pressure tactic.

At the same time, it could be his Shah Shuja moment, unintentionally obviously.
(#5)
Old
PF senior
khushal is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,789 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default 04-20-2012, 12:56 AM

he is a politician. he shows anger at the americans to the afghan public and then pulls out his begging bowl to the americans behind closed doors.
(#6)
Old
PF contributor
abassinafghan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default 04-20-2012, 03:35 AM

kushal , he is no politian , he is an amateur overwhelmed with his job.

he really lost touch with reality , even the things he says are nonsence , but the worest thing is , he doesnt realize it .

he was also known to be depressive in the past .....

Tags
exit, karzai, seeks, speededup, troops