Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Sports - لوبې
Reload this Page Bangladesh to tour Pakistan at month end
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Afgun is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bangladesh to tour Pakistan at month end - 04-15-2012, 07:30 AM

Bangladesh's matches will be played at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore AFP
International cricket is set to return to Pakistan after three years, with Bangladesh formally confirming to the PCB that they will play one ODI and one Twenty20 International there later this month. There has been no cricket between two Full Member nations in Pakistan since the attack on the Sri Lanka team in March 2009.
The ODI is scheduled for April 29 and the T20I for April 30. Both matches will be played at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.
The ICC has asked the the PCB to provide a comprehensive security plan for consideration, following which its Anti-Corruption and Security Unit will commission a localised risk assessment to determine whether its officials and staff are appropriately protected by the proposed security plan, before any further decision is taken in relation to their appointment.
Last month, the ICC had introduced a "special dispensation" to be made only in "exceptional circumstances" in order to ensure that bilateral series take place even if the ruling body has determined it "unsafe" to appoint its officials for such series. This would allow such series to be manned by "non-neutral match officials", a departure from the ICC's Standard Playing Conditions, pending permission from its executive board.
Sunday's announcement follows lengthy negotiations between the two boards over the terms of the tour, and the strings attached to it. At times it looked as though the tour would be a non-starter but on Sunday it was welcomed by both sides.
"The public of Pakistan have been deprived of cricket and we felt that we needed to support them," BCB president Mustafa Kamal said. "The reception we received when we toured Lahore and Karachi on our security visit was overwhelming."
Zaka Ashraf, the PCB chairman, thanked the BCB and the Bangladesh government for their support for the tour.
There had been several itineraries proposed for the tour, including a three-match ODI series and a series of two ODIs and one Twenty20 international. Karachi and Rawalpindi were the other possible venues but ESPNcricinfo understands they were dropped on security grounds.
The tour will come a little more than three years after masked terrorists attacked the Sri Lanka team bus and a van carrying ICC officials to Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore, on what would have been the third day of the second Test of that tour.
Since then, Pakistan have hosted "home series" in UAE and other neutral venues. They played New Zealand in New Zealand (2009-10), England and Australia in England (2010). UAE has been their favoured home base, having hosted South Africa, Sri Lanka and England.

Bismillah, alhamdulillah, all praises due to Allah and may Allah increase the honor of Prophet Muhammad and protect our nation from any harm.
The Following User Says Thank You to Afgun For This Useful Post:
Prince_Pukhtun (04-15-2012)
(#2)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
Prince_Pukhtun is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 04-15-2012, 10:00 AM

hopefully a good thing

the people of pakistan are also crazy about cricket, its good for all them normal people who flock to stadiums to watch it

MY PUKHTUN PRIDE I CANNOT HIDE! FOR ASLONG AS I LIVE! TILL THE DAY THAT I DIE!
(#3)
Old
PF knowledgeable
haviZsultan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 04-15-2012, 10:07 AM

Finally something good.

I am the author of Badal, an upcoming fiction novel on the War on Terror. For more information about me visit www.havisultan.com

Follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/HaviZSultan
(#4)
Old
PF senior
Shehbaz Khan is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default 04-15-2012, 11:41 AM

let's hope its a successful tour !!

yao warokay ghwandi baagh ao pa khwa ye seen rawan!

Tags
bangladesh, end, month, pakistan, tour