Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page NATO supply lines may not open anytime soon
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
Karpo

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default NATO supply lines may not open anytime soon - 04-03-2012, 01:15 PM

NATO supply lines may not open anytime soon

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 6:10:18 by Rabiya Maqbool Tweet

NATO supply lines may not open anytime soon
The Prime Minister of Pakistan Yousuf Raza Gilani has recently given a statement in which he expressed the stance of the government ruled by the Pakistan People’s Party that the decision on the reopening of the NATO supply routes through Pakistan will not
be taken in a hurry and will be made only after evolving a consensus at the Parliamentary Committee on National Security.
The Prime Minister of Pakistan Yousuf Raza Gilani, expressed himself on the matter by making the following comments: "Let the committee, which has representation from all political parties in parliament, decide what they want. The government has not set
a timeframe for the committee to complete its deliberations and will wait for a final outcome."
The NATO supply routes were cut by the government of Pakistan after it had inflicted air strikes on two of the border posts of the country. The air strikes had resulted in the deaths of 24 Pakistani soldiers. The NATO forces had carried on the aggression
for a total of two hours despite the fact that they received repeated requests by their Pakistani counter parts to stop the attacks.
After the attacks had finally stopped, the military of Pakistan had termed them as acts of unprovoked blatant aggression while the stance of the NATO forces had been that they had been carried out because of error on both the sides.
As a consequence, the government of Pakistan had immediately cut out its supply routes to the NATO forces that were stationed in Afghanistan.
The relationship between Pakistan as well as the United States of America experienced its worst moment in the past decade as hostility in the public of Pakistan against the super power grew. The government of Pakistan demanded an official apology from the
head of state of the super power but no such apology came. Similar was the case between the relations of Pakistan and the NATO as they also experienced a severe downturn.
The Prime Minister of Pakistan Yousuf Raza Gilani expressed the hope that the Pakistan government would be able to reach an amicable solution, which would be accepted by all parties.

http://www.newspakistan.pk/2012/04/0...-anytime-soon/
(#2)
Old
Karpo

Default 04-03-2012, 01:21 PM

well people wanted democracy, and this indeed is democracy.

The religious parties brought on a lot of pressure.

I didnt know what to say in regards to Pakistan as Pakistan is very capable of reopening the supply routes, but even with a flawed supposed democracy, there comes a time where public sentiment and consensus carries the decision process through, this time it brought it to a halt.

I dont think these supply lines will be opened at to Afghanistan, maybe they will be opened for withdrawal from Afghanistan.
(#3)
Old
PF contributor
badmash_khel is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 04-03-2012, 01:25 PM

Just as about NATO is ready to leave, pakistan will now take the credit for standing against the mighty Shaitan and declare themselves the champions of Islam.

Where were these religious parties in the last 10 years? They were in power in pakhtunkhwa for 4-5 years. Why didn't they stop the supply through Torkham?
(#4)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 04-03-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
well people wanted democracy, and this indeed is democracy.
http://mason.gmu.edu/~amcdonal/Other%20Techniques.html

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.
(#5)
Old
Karpo

Default 04-03-2012, 01:53 PM

nothing can be credited to Pakistan, dont get the wrong impression here.

Which party wants to have the stigma of reopening the supply lines? Not many, probably not any.

Last edited by Karpo; 04-03-2012 at 01:55 PM.
(#6)
Old
PF contributor
badmash_khel is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default 04-03-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgoverner View Post
thats what guys such as you are making.
you are putting your history into the shoes of undeserving people of pakistan and they are surely happy about it.

these people are protesting for their brother muslim country called Afghanistan.
believe it or not,not all pakistanis support the war in afghanistan ,matter of fact the majority doesnt.

i think you knew that already.
Don't lump me in with other guys, I have my own views some of which might be in agreement with others and others in disagreement.

I have spent time in Pakistan and I would take a punjabi or any other pakistani as a friend over any persian or Turk. I like all the people of pakistan, and have only love for them. I listen to punjabi songs, urdu ghazals and enjoy pakistani food. Pakistan is my second favourite cricket team.
I differentiate between Pakistani people and its government. When I say Pakistan I mean the its government and not its people.
(#7)
Old
PF senior
KhyberKhan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 04-03-2012, 06:59 PM

The air corridor has never closed.
(#8)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,782 Times in 1,462 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 04-03-2012, 09:35 PM

the alternative rail and road routes, in from latvia and georgia, i think it is, would be a long journey plus expensive.

Last edited by faye; 04-03-2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: addition

Tags
anytime, lines, nato, open, supply