Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Pashtun History - د پښتنو تاريخ
Reload this Page Pashtun Macedonian link
User Tag List

(#421)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
Apollyon is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 03-30-2012, 04:03 PM

The E1b1b1-M35 lineages in some Pakistani Pashtun were previously traced to a Greek origin brought by Alexander's invasions [48]. However, RM network of E1b1b1-M35 found that Afghanistan's lineages are correlated with Middle Easterners and Iranians but not with populations from the Balkans.

..BATWING results indicate that the Afghan populations split from Iranians, Indians and East Europeans at about 10.6 kya (95% CI 7,100–15,825), which marks the start of the Neolithic revolution and the establishment of the farming communities. In addition, Pashtun split first from the rest of the Afghans around 4.7 kya (95% CI 2,775–7,725), which is a date marked by the rise of the Bronze Age civilizations of the region. These dates suggest that the differentiation of the social systems in Afghanistan could have been driven by the emergence of the first urban civilizations.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0034288

Nor does every Pashtun carry 20% indian, but mere .004 of the study, not to be confused with out of India into Afghanistan theory.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
(#422)
Old
evilbunny

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 03-30-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharati View Post
There is no doubt that alexander the great conquered afghanistan, but you can't say that all the pashtuns are greek
Greeks are outliners in Europe and they aren't closely related to most Europeans. However the Greeks pretty much trashed the Middle East and around 40% of the Jews ancestry for example is Hellenic.

The Ancient Greeks and did have a influence upon Afghanistan and even India. However it was more cultural than ethnic.

Alexander the Great (1956) cd1 BG sub - YouTube

Last edited by evilbunny; 03-30-2012 at 06:58 PM.
(#423)
Old
Karpo

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 03-30-2012, 09:08 PM

dude, he doesnt give up with his futile attempt in trying to say that Pashtuns are Greeks.

Are you like mad that Pashtuns bled Alexanders behind with a few more holes? He was harassed and chased out of what was Afghanistan.

The only people he was able to befriend were the Tajiks (Soghdians) who were actually considered Persian at that time. Today, in Afghanistan, Tajiks claims Greek descent

Pashtuns are one of the largest patrilineal peoples in the world where tribal affiliations and identity lasts and have defined the significance of a Pashtun for time immemorial.

Pashtun genetic studies indicate that they are indeed BANI ISRAEL, the chosen ones who are Muslim- hence, a special people Allah(swt) has bestowed great strength too.

Israel has conducted research into this as well as India, and the results are conclusive. This backs up the confirmation via stories which have been passed down from one generation to the next. Even my fathers father told him we Pashtuns were Bani Israel.

This by no mean takes away our strong Islamic faith, but supplements and proves we have special place and role in this world, and how we shape our future.

Get a life, and quit fantasizing out of an inferiority complex what Pashtuns are.

We have the most unique features in the region, and we have nothing at all in common with you, and never will
(#424)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,312 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default 03-31-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo View Post
dude, he doesnt give up with his futile attempt in trying to say that Pashtuns are Greeks.

Are you like mad that Pashtuns bled Alexanders behind with a few more holes? He was harassed and chased out of what was Afghanistan.

The only people he was able to befriend were the Tajiks (Soghdians) who were actually considered Persian at that time. Today, in Afghanistan, Tajiks claims Greek descent

Pashtuns are one of the largest patrilineal peoples in the world where tribal affiliations and identity lasts and have defined the significance of a Pashtun for time immemorial.

Pashtun genetic studies indicate that they are indeed BANI ISRAEL, the chosen ones who are Muslim- hence, a special people Allah(swt) has bestowed great strength too.

Israel has conducted research into this as well as India, and the results are conclusive. This backs up the confirmation via stories which have been passed down from one generation to the next. Even my fathers father told him we Pashtuns were Bani Israel.

This by no mean takes away our strong Islamic faith, but supplements and proves we have special place and role in this world, and how we shape our future.

Get a life, and quit fantasizing out of an inferiority complex what Pashtuns are.

We have the most unique features in the region, and we have nothing at all in common with you, and never will
according to which study? do you have links? I haven't seen such study
(#425)
Old
PF knowledgeable
JattApache is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 03-31-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgoverner View Post
conquered?lol
like they are doing nowadays with almost 50 coutnries combined.
it wasnt different with Alexander as well,they only got a free pass to india.
Yes because according to apollyon, he named kandahar
But he was defeated in the entry of india, he never conquered the middle plains of india, he was defeated in punjab
^ many invaders conquered afghanistan, for example, the arabs clearly conquered afghanistan with their jihads, the arabs were great warriors, they brought civilisation and islam in afghanistan, before that, pashtuns never invaded india, it was the buddhist and ashoka who invaded afghanistan and before islam, the buddhists conquered afghanistan ( there is many proofs that budhism was the main religion there )
The arabs were the greatest warriors in that time

(#426)
Old
PF knowledgeable

Default 03-31-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
thats not true
kandahar has nothing to do with alexander this is a lie.
they just want to say they conquered it.

Alexander was ****ting in his pants while facing afghans and he had to respect their country and way of life just to get a free pass to India.
you should read the letter he sent to his mother.

"I am involved in the land of a 'Leonine' (lion-like) and brave people, where every foot of the ground is like a wall of steel, confronting my soldier. You have brought only one Alexander into the world, but every mother in this land has brought an Alexander in the world.

as for The arab muslims

After the conquest of Persia muslims came to Afghansitan and Afghans fought for a 100 years against the muslims and it was only through diplomacy that Afghans accepted Islam and most of them converted to Islam at the same time.

we dotn know if before that Pashtuns didnt invade India,there is no record of it.
but the first muslims to invade india were the persians.
how did budhists conquered Afghanistan or Pashtuns?
i dont think majority of pashtuns were budhists or any i think it were the kushans.
there is theory that there were people practicing budhism and were tolerated by locals and there was a king who built the big statue of budha in bamyan for control purposes.
in the eyes of the budha there were fire lighten at night.
Fixed.

(#427)
Old
PF knowledgeable

Default 03-31-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
wrong

it werent just arabs but muslims.
there were also persians.

now fix yourself.
The Islamic conquest of Afghanistan (642870) began in the middle of the 7th century after the Islamic conquest of Persia was completed, when Arab Muslims defeated the Sassanid Empire at the battles of Walaja, al-Qādisiyyah and Nahavand. The Muslim Arabs then began to move towards the lands east of Persia and in 642 captured the city, Herat. By 667 AD the Afghan area was under invasion by the Arabs but in 683 Kabul revolted and completely routed the invading army which was led by the Governor of Seistan. It was not until 870 that Kabul and the Afghan area was brought under control by the Arabs. The complete conversion of Afghanistan to Islam was during the period of the Ghaznavids, in or about the 11th centuryy

It was clearly a conquest of afghanistan, if you want or not

(#428)
Old
PF senior
Khostai is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default 03-31-2012, 10:17 AM

am I the only one who's grandfather never told about Bani Israel???
I only heard about this theorie when I came to Europe before that I never knew and when I told my father about it he laughd and said who told you this fairytale??? He doesn't belive in it, becuase there is no proof or any scietic research about it. And about the Greeks and others they didn't had that much influence on us only culturly, becuase you can find only in Afghanistan Budha's wearing Greek togas. And that's it, I bet if they do genetic research there will be only 1 or 2 procent Greek/Macedonian conection.
(#429)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,312 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default 01-12-2013, 02:20 AM

the similarities between cultures is probably due to Indo European and Indo Iranian cultures from the steppes and central asia which spread in to every direction. I personally think that Kalash, Nuristani, Bursho, Pamiris etc... are the remnants of real Indo Iranians, Pashtuns were also part of the chain but since they are a very large group of population, they probably have more than one origin
(#430)
Old
PF senior
Kushan Prince is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 01-12-2013, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachi View Post
the similarities between cultures is probably due to Indo European and Indo Iranian cultures from the steppes and central asia which spread in to every direction. I personally think that Kalash, Nuristani, Bursho, Pamiris etc... are the remnants of real Indo Iranians, Pashtuns were also part of the chain but since they are a very large group of population, they probably have more than one origin
It's settled then. The pashtuns are the real Aryans as they were nomadic people. Also i love how you ignore me in several posts.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold".

-Old Pashtun proverb

"My Pashtun Pride i will not hide!"

Last edited by Kushan Prince; 01-12-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Tags
link, macedonian, pashtun