Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Coke and Pepsi alter recipe to avoid cancer warning label
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
PF senior
یاسمینه is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 03-09-2012, 12:59 PM

Ketchup? As I remember ketchup = processed tomatoes and processed tomatoes are good source of lycopene, one of antioxidants...

It's true what you wrote about fried/grilled/burnt food. But hey, if you eat it from time to time, nothing will happen. Sense of measure it is something what can prevent us from many diseases.
On the other hand certain exposures are unavoidable, like exposure to radon which is in plants, soil etc.

If you want to read more about I would recommend few websites:
www.iarc.fr - WHO agency for cancer research - go to databases section;
www.pubmed.org - list of biomedical literature. Abstracts are almost always available and sometimes whole papers, just type what you want to know and you will have list of publications with abstracts. You know math so you will understand all statistical terms like odds ratio, confidence intervals etc.
www.cancer.gov - website run by National Institute of Health/National Institute of Cancer in the USA
The Following User Says Thank You to یاسمینه For This Useful Post:
Al Hanif (03-09-2012)
(#12)
Old
PF senior
Al Hanif is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default 03-09-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmeenaah View Post
Ketchup? As I remember ketchup = processed tomatoes and processed tomatoes are good source of lycopene, one of antioxidants...

It's true what you wrote about fried/grilled/burnt food. But hey, if you eat it from time to time, nothing will happen. Sense of measure it is something what can prevent us from many diseases.
On the other hand certain exposures are unavoidable, like exposure to radon which is in plants, soil etc.

If you want to read more about I would recommend few websites:
www.iarc.fr - WHO agency for cancer research - go to databases section;
www.pubmed.org - list of biomedical literature. Abstracts are almost always available and sometimes whole papers, just type what you want to know and you will have list of publications with abstracts. You know math so you will understand all statistical terms like odds ratio, confidence intervals etc.
www.cancer.gov - website run by National Institute of Health/National Institute of Cancer in the USA
Il parlait des agents conservateurs dans le Ketchup et la Mayo, pas de la Mayo elle même. Aussi les boîtes de conserve...

Moi ce que j'aurais voulu avoir, c'est pas des données, c'est une explication de comment ça marche dans la cellule pour que des molécules arrivent à modifier l'ADN et pour quoi ça ne marche qu'avec certaines molécules ?

Mais je pense qu'il faut avoir fait biologie ou médecine pour savoir ça.

Merci quand même.

(#13)
Old
PF senior

Default 03-09-2012, 01:36 PM

T'as raison, je ne suis pas biologiste moleculaire
(#14)
Old
PF senior

Default 03-23-2012, 12:08 PM

J'ai vu une vidéo aujourd'hui où deux personnes disent que le Téflon est extrêmement cancérigène.

J'ai été choqué parce c'est en vente libre.

J'ai cherché sur google et il y a deux avis différents : ceux qui disent que ça l'est pour l'homme et ceux qui disent que ça l'est seulement pour les animaux.

Qui dit vrai ?

(#15)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,317 Times in 969 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Default 03-23-2012, 12:44 PM

when I was in saudi arabia, I use to drink 5 cans of pepsi there daily, not even diet pepsi, regular pepsi. Pepsi and other pops are cheaper then water there, so most people drink pops there instead of water

But obviously these sort of things have taken a huge toll on the health there, even so many young people there have diabetes and other diseases. I am glad I got out of there in time, or else I probably would have been in such bad shape with terrible health
(#16)
Old
PF senior

Default 03-23-2012, 12:52 PM

Je pense que CIRC dire la verite.
Polytetrafluoroethylene it's chemical name of teflon.
Go to the the p. 20 of attached file and you will see that teflon has been classified in 3rd group - not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans. It means that further research is needed and evidence of carcinogenicity is inadequate in humans and in animals.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ClassificationsAlphaOrder.pdf (120.3 KB, 1 views)
Al Hanif (03-23-2012)
(#17)
Old
PF senior

Default 03-23-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Je pense que CIRC dire la verite.
Polytetrafluoroethylene it's chemical name of teflon.
Go to the the p. 20 of attached file and you will see that teflon has been classified in 3rd group - not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans. It means that further research is needed and evidence of carcinogenicity is inadequate in humans and in animals.
D'accord mais comment être sûr que le CIRC n'est pas corrompu par les boîtes pharmaceutiques et les multinationales ?

Il y a beaucoup d'argent en jeu dans cette histoire.

The Following User Says Thank You to Al Hanif For This Useful Post:
یاسمینه (03-23-2012)
(#18)
Old
PF senior

Default 03-23-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Hanif View Post
D'accord mais comment être sûr que le CIRC n'est pas corrompu par les boîtes pharmaceutiques et les multinationales ?

Il y a beaucoup d'argent en jeu dans cette histoire.
You are right. In fact you can never be 100% sure. But I trust them. I know how they work, what they do... I've also cotributed to their data. So my point of view could be skewed
Al Hanif (03-23-2012)
(#19)
Old
PF senior

Default 03-23-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
You are right. In fact you can never be 100% sure. But I trust them. I know how they work, what they do... I've also cotributed to their data. So my point of view could be skewed
That's it. You are part of the game. It's a conspiracy.

Tags
alter, avoid, cancer, coke, label, pepsi, recipe, warning