Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Coke and Pepsi alter recipe to avoid cancer warning label
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11)
Old
یاسمینه's Avatar
یاسمینه یاسمینه is offline
PF senior
یاسمینه is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,696
Thanks: 673
Thanked 934 Times in 613 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default 03-09-2012, 12:59 PM

Ketchup? As I remember ketchup = processed tomatoes and processed tomatoes are good source of lycopene, one of antioxidants...

It's true what you wrote about fried/grilled/burnt food. But hey, if you eat it from time to time, nothing will happen. Sense of measure it is something what can prevent us from many diseases.
On the other hand certain exposures are unavoidable, like exposure to radon which is in plants, soil etc.

If you want to read more about I would recommend few websites:
www.iarc.fr - WHO agency for cancer research - go to databases section;
www.pubmed.org - list of biomedical literature. Abstracts are almost always available and sometimes whole papers, just type what you want to know and you will have list of publications with abstracts. You know math so you will understand all statistical terms like odds ratio, confidence intervals etc.
www.cancer.gov - website run by National Institute of Health/National Institute of Cancer in the USA
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to یاسمینه For This Useful Post:
Al Hanif (03-09-2012)
(#12)
Old
Al Hanif's Avatar
Al Hanif Al Hanif is offline
PF senior
Al Hanif is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 831
Thanked 697 Times in 516 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default 03-09-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmeenaah View Post
Ketchup? As I remember ketchup = processed tomatoes and processed tomatoes are good source of lycopene, one of antioxidants...

It's true what you wrote about fried/grilled/burnt food. But hey, if you eat it from time to time, nothing will happen. Sense of measure it is something what can prevent us from many diseases.
On the other hand certain exposures are unavoidable, like exposure to radon which is in plants, soil etc.

If you want to read more about I would recommend few websites:
www.iarc.fr - WHO agency for cancer research - go to databases section;
www.pubmed.org - list of biomedical literature. Abstracts are almost always available and sometimes whole papers, just type what you want to know and you will have list of publications with abstracts. You know math so you will understand all statistical terms like odds ratio, confidence intervals etc.
www.cancer.gov - website run by National Institute of Health/National Institute of Cancer in the USA
Il parlait des agents conservateurs dans le Ketchup et la Mayo, pas de la Mayo elle même. Aussi les boîtes de conserve...

Moi ce que j'aurais voulu avoir, c'est pas des données, c'est une explication de comment ça marche dans la cellule pour que des molécules arrivent à modifier l'ADN et pour quoi ça ne marche qu'avec certaines molécules ?

Mais je pense qu'il faut avoir fait biologie ou médecine pour savoir ça.

Merci quand même.


Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
یاسمینه's Avatar
یاسمینه یاسمینه is offline
PF senior
یاسمینه is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,696
Thanks: 673
Thanked 934 Times in 613 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default 03-09-2012, 01:36 PM

T'as raison, je ne suis pas biologiste moleculaire
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
Al Hanif's Avatar
Al Hanif Al Hanif is offline
PF senior
Al Hanif is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 831
Thanked 697 Times in 516 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default 03-23-2012, 12:08 PM

J'ai vu une vidéo aujourd'hui où deux personnes disent que le Téflon est extrêmement cancérigène.

J'ai été choqué parce c'est en vente libre.

J'ai cherché sur google et il y a deux avis différents : ceux qui disent que ça l'est pour l'homme et ceux qui disent que ça l'est seulement pour les animaux.

Qui dit vrai ?


Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
Karachi Karachi is online now
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 5,320
Thanks: 253
Thanked 1,317 Times in 969 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default 03-23-2012, 12:44 PM

when I was in saudi arabia, I use to drink 5 cans of pepsi there daily, not even diet pepsi, regular pepsi. Pepsi and other pops are cheaper then water there, so most people drink pops there instead of water

But obviously these sort of things have taken a huge toll on the health there, even so many young people there have diabetes and other diseases. I am glad I got out of there in time, or else I probably would have been in such bad shape with terrible health
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
یاسمینه's Avatar
یاسمینه یاسمینه is offline
PF senior
یاسمینه is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,696
Thanks: 673
Thanked 934 Times in 613 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default 03-23-2012, 12:52 PM

Je pense que CIRC dire la verite.
Polytetrafluoroethylene it's chemical name of teflon.
Go to the the p. 20 of attached file and you will see that teflon has been classified in 3rd group - not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans. It means that further research is needed and evidence of carcinogenicity is inadequate in humans and in animals.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ClassificationsAlphaOrder.pdf (120.3 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to یاسمینه For This Useful Post:
Al Hanif (03-23-2012)
(#17)
Old
Al Hanif's Avatar
Al Hanif Al Hanif is offline
PF senior
Al Hanif is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 831
Thanked 697 Times in 516 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default 03-23-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmeenaah View Post
Je pense que CIRC dire la verite.
Polytetrafluoroethylene it's chemical name of teflon.
Go to the the p. 20 of attached file and you will see that teflon has been classified in 3rd group - not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans. It means that further research is needed and evidence of carcinogenicity is inadequate in humans and in animals.
D'accord mais comment être sûr que le CIRC n'est pas corrompu par les boîtes pharmaceutiques et les multinationales ?

Il y a beaucoup d'argent en jeu dans cette histoire.


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Al Hanif For This Useful Post:
یاسمینه (03-23-2012)
(#18)
Old
یاسمینه's Avatar
یاسمینه یاسمینه is offline
PF senior
یاسمینه is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,696
Thanks: 673
Thanked 934 Times in 613 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default 03-23-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Hanif View Post
D'accord mais comment être sûr que le CIRC n'est pas corrompu par les boîtes pharmaceutiques et les multinationales ?

Il y a beaucoup d'argent en jeu dans cette histoire.
You are right. In fact you can never be 100% sure. But I trust them. I know how they work, what they do... I've also cotributed to their data. So my point of view could be skewed
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to یاسمینه For This Useful Post:
Al Hanif (03-23-2012)
(#19)
Old
Al Hanif's Avatar
Al Hanif Al Hanif is offline
PF senior
Al Hanif is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 831
Thanked 697 Times in 516 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default 03-23-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmeenaah View Post
You are right. In fact you can never be 100% sure. But I trust them. I know how they work, what they do... I've also cotributed to their data. So my point of view could be skewed
That's it. You are part of the game. It's a conspiracy.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alter, avoid, cancer, coke, label, pepsi, recipe, warning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghanvoice.com| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.