Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Society & Heritage > Literature - ليكنې > Creative writing and Research
Reload this Page Pashtuns and Tajiks ,,breaking the myths
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Badlun is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pashtuns and Tajiks ,,breaking the myths - 06-21-2010, 01:18 AM

Part I
The Myths of relations between Pashtuns and Tajiks and Persian speakers in Afghanistan

This article is part of a series on the blame games of Pashtuns who blame others like Punjabis, Tajiks, ISI, CIA, USA, NATO, and West etc for their problems and not themselves.

I see another myth that especially Tajiks or other Persian speakers in Afghanistan are responsible for the downfall of Pashto and Pashtuns in Afghanistan. This is usual that Pashtuns of Afghanistan or Pakistan blame Punjabis for the problems of Pashtuns in Pakistan while Pashtuns of Pakistan and Afghanistan blame Tajiks for the problems of Pashtuns in Afghanistan. Tajiks are at the helm of affairs in spite of being minority while Pashtuns being in majority are second class citizens in Afghanistan and their language Pashto is secondary in importance generally and in Kabul the capital city and government departments , media , universities , business circles etc Pashto almost does not exist. Pashtuns and others blame all this on Tajiks and on their cultural, political, economic, social dominance and their language Dari/Persian linguistic invasion.

For me its a myth that all this is because of Tajiks and Persian speakers. Its a reality that Pashtuns and Pashto does not have the status as it should have but this is not because of Tajiks or other non Pashtuns in Afghanistan this is because of Pashtuns themselves who being majority are living like a minority, and donít struggle in the right way to achieve their due status

In Pakistan we blame Punjabis, in Afghanistan we blame Tajiks. This is a very wrong approach. I agree that Pakistan and Afghanistan are two different countries and we may understand them accordingly but the similar point is that in both cases, Pashtuns are responsible for their own faults. In Afghanistan at least they should have the political power which they deserve, not to oppress others but at least they should be known by their language, their culture and their own identity. I see in foreign countries when some one talks of Afghanistan and its language they talk of Dari, not Pashto, they learn Dari for going to Afghanistan, all the jobs require Dari, all the documentaries are made in Dari. In all embassies of Afghanistan and other offices, the forms are in Dari, all correspondence is in Dari, no where Pashto appears.
If some one talks of Pakistan, everything in English or Urdu, nothing in Pashto.

Where is the identity of Pashtuns? No where! The term AFGHAN is now no more only for Pashtuns and thus we canít say AFGHANISTAN is the land of Pashtuns. Nowhere is the language of Pashtuns prevailing. They donít have their own land, their own identity, and now terrorism, extremism and obscurantism have put the last nail in their coffin. All this is because of Pashtuns themselves not because of Tajiks or others. Pashtuns are so much tolerant to others that they adopt every thing others offer and forget their own language and culture. Except Abdali Baba, and Khushal Baba, no Pashtun leader did any thing for Pashto and Pashtuns as a nation or separate entity, including those who ruled India, Afghanistan and some even in Pakistan. Pashto never received any royal or court support from the Pashtun rulers. For all this Tajiks have no blame Pashtuns themselves are to be blamed.

Every body knows the history of the modern Afghanistan that after Ahmad Shah Baba almost all rulers were Pashtuns, but they did nothing specifically for Pashtuns and Pashto. There were Pashtun rulers that even were unable to speak Pashto like Zahir Shah who used to hire Pashto translators if some body could not speak Dari with him. Pashtuns are in majority in Afghanistan, thus they have no problem of complaining against any other community that others like Tajiks are to be blamed for their downtrodden condition in Afghanistan. The dilapidated situation of Pashto and Pashtuns in Afghanistan is quite simple to understand. Itís mainly because of the weakness of Pashtuns or do you have any one else to be blamed for the bad situation of Pashtuns?

Pashtuns are weak politically, culturally, linguistically, economically and socially in spite of being majority in Afghanistan. Pashtuns being minority are bad in Pakistan, but as majority worse in Afghanistan The solution is self improvement, introspection, education, development , democracy and not criticizing and blaming Tajiks, Punjabis, ISI, NATO ,USA etc.

The only solution so far I found is that instead of wasting our energies on blaming others lets make ourselves strong enough to be a developed people and if there is really any conspiracy against us then we may counter that by more struggle and hard work and not just by blaming others including Tajiks. We may learn from others like Tajiks who like a proud people promote their language and culture. While Pashtuns adopt Dari and Iranian culture so there is no point blaming Tajiks. We should learn from Tajiks that they write their sign boards even in Peshawar in Persian while we Pashtuns donít have almost not a single private sign board in Pashto in the whole Peshawar or even in the whole Pashtunkhwah, Even in Jalal Abad some times you see Dari not Pashto in public places and public gatherings. Kabul is completely dominated by Dari and Pashtuns usually too use Dari and not their own language. If Pashtuns themselves donít use their language then how come we blame others?

The solution is creating awareness in almost 70 Million Pashtuns to wake up and become strong enough to counter whatever is against them and to utilize their energies in self development and not blaming others.
(#2)
Old
PF senior

Default 11-12-2013, 03:36 PM

Pashtuns should learn from Tajiks and Parsiwans and may focus on improving their own selves instead of blaming others. Tajiks are not involved in terrorism and extremism but we Pashtuns are the flag bearers.

Let us shun this evil as a proud people and make our name in culture, economy , education and politics not in extremism.
The Following User Says Thank You to Badlun For This Useful Post:
zahir (11-12-2013)
(#3)
Old
PF senior
Da Bannu Mazdigar is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Default 11-12-2013, 04:09 PM

Well believe me its really sad to see Pashtuns in majority working either as labour or driver in UAE while the low life people like marwari,punjabi,and related people being hired just because of education working in office under AC

As an education pashtun i want my people from either side of the border to be educated,united and secular

just 200-300 years before we pashtun were invading other countries and today only because of education the region as a whole is considered the most backward and poorest on earth

it tears me apart and causes my heart to bleed when i see them in majority working under Open sun as labours
The Following User Says Thank You to Da Bannu Mazdigar For This Useful Post:
Badlun (11-13-2013)
(#4)
Old
PF newbie
Mellish is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 11-13-2013, 08:20 AM

With 70 million, more than many nations, what is there to hold the Pakhtuns back but themselves? Though to transform the nation into anything other than an Islamic state, far more education is needed, and some Islamic militants consider the greatest threat to their power to be education: history, maths, science, languages, literature. Even if none of these subjects have a pro-Western bias.

Boko Haram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a Westerner, when I watch the the parades before the Olympic Games, it is often simple to understand why such and such a country has a large or a small contingent of competitors - it may be rich, or populous, it maybe a small island and so forth. Or it might be very religious. It is the same for international conventions on science, agriculture, humanities, and whatever.

If the people in such countries only want to put their energy into prayer, fine. But otherwise, you need a lot more schools, a lot of unity of purpose, and I would guess it is a two generation project. Sure, easier said than done. But, it could be done.

Last edited by Mellish; 11-13-2013 at 08:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mellish For This Useful Post:
Badlun (11-13-2013)
(#5)
Old
PF senior

Default 11-13-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Bannu Mazdigar View Post
Well believe me its really sad to see Pashtuns in majority working either as labour or driver in UAE while the low life people like marwari,punjabi,and related people being hired just because of education working in office under AC

As an education pashtun i want my people from either side of the border to be educated,united and secular

just 200-300 years before we pashtun were invading other countries and today only because of education the region as a whole is considered the most backward and poorest on earth

it tears me apart and causes my heart to bleed when i see them in majority working under Open sun as labours
I have a plan to establish a university only for Pashtuns with initial branches in Jalalabad,Peshawar, Quetta,Kandahar and then extending it to each and every district of Pashtun majority areas. This university will have its own primary , secondary schools and colleges. Both Arts and Sciences as well as technical subjects will be taught.

May be after 5 years I will be laying the first stone of this great project. All friends are encouraged to help me in this regard. I will start a special thread for details.

Pashtuns should learn from their neighbors like Tajiks and Punjabis to adopt the modern style of life without compromise on their own culture, ethos and traditions.
Nigar (11-13-2013)
(#6)
Old
PF senior

Default 11-13-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellish View Post
With 70 million, more than many nations, what is there to hold the Pakhtuns back but themselves? Though to transform the nation into anything other than an Islamic state, far more education is needed, and some Islamic militants consider the greatest threat to their power to be education: history, maths, science, languages, literature. Even if none of these subjects have a pro-Western bias.

Boko Haram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a Westerner, when I watch the the parades before the Olympic Games, it is often simple to understand why such and such a country has a large or a small contingent of competitors - it may be rich, or populous, it maybe a small island and so forth. Or it might be very religious. It is the same for international conventions on science, agriculture, humanities, and whatever.

If the people in such countries only want to put their energy into prayer, fine. But otherwise, you need a lot more schools, a lot of unity of purpose, and I would guess it is a two generation project. Sure, easier said than done. But, it could be done.
Very true Who but themselves!

This is not only Boko Haram but Pashtun Taliban also think on the same lines. I have personally met many Pashtun Taliban telling me that their real enemy is this school where the students are taught math, biology, literature etc as these students will never listen to them. They will never become part of them. They prefer madrassas because the product made in that factory suit them not educated youth from schools and universities.

When you study science it gives you an objective approach towards life. Reading social sciences, literature, Philosophy make you rational, realistic, humane and lover of life far away from the life style of those savages.

Why Tajiks are more advanced culturally and otherwise. This is mainly because of their positive approach to life. They focus on modern education instead of establishing the unicorn of Islamic Emaret or Caliphate.
Mellish (11-13-2013)
(#7)
Old
PF newbie
Mellish is on a distinguished road

Default 11-13-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlun View Post
I have a plan to establish a university only for Pashtuns with initial branches in Jalalabad,Peshawar, Quetta,Kandahar and then extending it to each and every district of Pashtun majority areas. This university will have its own primary , secondary schools and colleges. Both Arts and Sciences as well as technical subjects will be taught.

May be after 5 years I will be laying the first stone of this great project. All friends are encouraged to help me in this regard. I will start a special thread for details.

Pashtuns should learn from their neighbors like Tajiks and Punjabis to adopt the modern style of life without compromise on their own culture, ethos and traditions.
That's exactly what is needed - what an excellent plan. And I guess volunteers will be needed for everything from teaching, cleaning, managing students, security, fund raising... so everyone and anyone could help out in some way or another. With enough support, this could be the beginning of a bright new future for Pakhtuns.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mellish For This Useful Post:
Badlun (11-13-2013)
(#8)
Old
PF contributor
Khilji is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default 11-13-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlun View Post

Ahmad Shah Massoud's Bacha Bazi Tajik Brother Captured - YouTube

tajikistan like porkistan has their own so called terrorists for over 60 years fighting for this and that.terrorism found his way again to afghanistan when usa invaded afghanistan with the support of the porkis.
(#9)
Old
PF contributor
Levanaye Zalmaye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,400 Times in 723 Posts
My Mood: In Love
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 11-14-2013, 01:23 AM

The reasons why Pashtuns today are slaves is not because we are not educated. It's because we are not united. And by unity, I don't mean cultural, linguistic or societal unity - I mean unity at the state level, recognised by the rest of the world. As long as we keep denying this fact, Pashto will continue to suffer and Pashtuns will continue to live in servitude.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be".

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives".
(#10)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
KGODB is on a distinguished road

Default 11-14-2013, 03:00 PM

The problem is that over the last 35 years the education cirriculum in Afghanistan has been politicized by every govt in Kabul

Hence, teachers and schools have been targetted going back to the Jihad days

So unless there is a political settlement and a legitimate govt in Kabul, you will never be able to implement a proper education system

At best you can operate informally at the village level, offering very basic studies, and even then you need to toe the company line depending where you are (and who the "company" is)

I read an article a while back about Pashtun kids along the border being taught Pakistani cirriculum, it was absolutely disgusting

What is needed more than ever, is an Ideological government

Tags
breaking, myths, pashtuns, tajiks