Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Religion - دين > Comparative Religion نور مزهبونه
Reload this Page Atheists Vs Muslims
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Alchemist is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 1,074 Times in 685 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Atheists Vs Muslims - 12-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Let's have a truce.

I am really tired of this game.

Everyone just stop focusing so much of my energy on this senseless battle.

The atheists have a problem with Allah. Let them deal with it on Qiyama.

We have more important issues that need to be dealt with in this world - such as the situation of Afghans in Afghanistan and the slow brainwashing of pashtuns in Pakistan.

Let's go back to that...and leave this discussion for the Afterlife. I don't see a reason why atheists or muslim should have a problem with this proposal.

Truce?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alchemist For This Useful Post:
Breshna (12-24-2011), Laila (12-15-2011), Smarty (12-31-2011)
(#2)
Old
Amir al Ghaznavi

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 12-15-2011, 08:56 PM

Well brother Alchemist, I can only speak for myself. I avoided religious discussions all together for the first year I was on this forum, for the same reasons I avoid it in real life:

- convincing the other of the truth of your position is rare
- I dont particularly care what others believe, I have no need to "convert" them to my position

I know others on this forum have engaged in baiting, but thats not my style. My issue really was, people denying my blood because of my beliefs and making threads where every sin under the sun can be ascribed to athiesm.

Even then my offence to this was more, I dont like ignorance being promoted, then feeling slighted because my beliefs are questioned

I find religious discussions to be entirely frivolous. In fact as a secularist, it goes against my philosophy to even give religious discussions credence

I respect you for this initiative and support it.
(#3)
Old
Amir al Ghaznavi

Default 12-15-2011, 09:00 PM

Furthermore, I would like to add that even from an Islamic point of view, these discussions are moot, because Allah himself has said, he who he has willed to Islam will go to Islam and he who he has not willed will not, hence there is no compulsion in faith because had Allah willed it, the world would be Muslim.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
torkham (12-16-2011)
(#4)
Old
PF senior
Karachi is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,224 Times in 893 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default 12-15-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir al Ghaznavi View Post
Furthermore, I would like to add that even from an Islamic point of view, these discussions are moot, because Allah himself has said, he who he has willed to Islam will go to Islam and he who he has not willed will not, hence there is no compulsion in faith because had Allah willed it, the world would be Muslim.
Just a question, do you believe in God? and if not, what are the exact reasons?

You dont have to answer here if you wish, just PM me
(#5)
Old
Asli

Default 12-15-2011, 09:03 PM

Sorry, I am new to this place, but I agree. At the end of the day, it is for God to judge.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
farishta (12-16-2011)
(#6)
Old
LyariTown

Default 12-15-2011, 09:06 PM

thank God.

Now this forum can go back to normal.
(#7)
Old
Amir al Ghaznavi

Default 12-15-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachi View Post
Just a question, do you believe in God? and if not, what are the exact reasons?

You dont have to answer here if you wish, just PM me
I refuse to concern myself with hypothetical questions about hypothetical beings. I see no presence of God. Hence whether he exists or doesnt exist is entire irrelevant to me.

Its like asking me, is there a shwarma out there being grilled to perfection. Well I certainly cant see this shwarma nor eat it. I dont know whats in it, or where it is. Ive never had shawarma, and frankly I dont have any appetite for it.
(#8)
Old
PF senior
کیش is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,028 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default 12-15-2011, 09:36 PM

Never a truce.

I dislike Atheists, as I dislike humans. Thinking you know, will get you nowhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to کیش For This Useful Post:
randolph85 (12-16-2011)
(#9)
Old
Lion of PF
Manzareh is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,056 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default 12-15-2011, 11:29 PM

IMO many hardcore religious Pashtuns view Pashtuns as a silk peice of cloth that needs to get to the other side of a thorn bush, The thorn bush is Atheism/non-muslim interference in Pashtun matters, sure the cloth will get to the other side if it is pulled through the bush but it will be damaged and useless, rather we chop the damn bush down instead. Atheists know this which is the reason why they need Islam to be destroyed.

I personally have no problem with atheists or whatever they believe in, each to their own, but then means just keep it to your own and keep it to yourself, thers no need for them to constantly put their jibberish and smartass comments in our faces like pests. why should i/us be constantly challenged whenever 0.01% of Pashtuns dont like it when we want to spread Islamic unity among our people when we have full right to do so, or even speak about Islam?.

Iv never got into a religious debate or had a problem with AmirAlGhaznavi even though he is clearly a non muslim, its because he keeps his faith to himself, i dont see him mock Islam or constantly writing sarcastic posts against the religion and way of life of Pashtuns.

Even if non muslim pashtuns right now just follow pashtunwali alone and dont follow Islam, a mojority will still feel threatened by the common atheist here as much as a strong believer in Islam would be.

----------

*PEACE IS SOMETHING I WOULD REALLY ADORE, BUT WE ARE AT WAR, SO PASS ME A SWORD & IF YOU KILL ME THERE WILL BE A MILLION MORE*
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Manzareh For This Useful Post:
Afghanistan2010 (12-16-2011), R3SISTANC3 (12-15-2011)
(#10)
Old
Amir al Ghaznavi

Default 12-15-2011, 11:39 PM

Islam will always in some form be a part of my life. I love Islam altho I find faults in it. Its just not for me.

I cant hate or insult Islam because thats akin to hating or insulting my father or my qawm. I do admit to getting drawn into the debates. But thats my fault. Discussions I dont belong in or make me enemies I should avoid

As non believing Pashtuns, we should keep our views to ourselves as Islam is and always will be an integral part of our societies

one thing i advise other non muslim pashtuns on, is that in our homeland these religious debates are not simply an exercise in theological debate as it may be in the west.

our homeland is destroyed by non muslims, so these conversations have extra degree of sensitivity
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Laila (12-16-2011), Manzareh (12-15-2011), R3SISTANC3 (12-15-2011)

Tags
atheists, muslims