Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Hujra - حجره
Reload this Page Malcolm X
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
PF senior
Haris is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,040 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 09-24-2011, 09:24 PM

The Malcolm X film, part 1 of 20.
The rest can be seen on youtube.

---
To advise others is an easy matter, the difficulty is accepting advice -- since it is bitter for those who follow their
own inclinations and desires

-Imam al Ghazali
The Following User Says Thank You to Haris For This Useful Post:
randolph85 (09-24-2011)
(#12)
Old
PF knowledgeable
Janana is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 09-24-2011, 11:08 PM

Favourite quotes:

You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it.

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Janana For This Useful Post:
faye (09-24-2011)
(#13)
Old
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,459 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 09-25-2011, 12:22 AM

i was just reading that on martin luther king day, there was a protest in tucson, at/near the base where drones are manipulated from, against drones and depleted uranium. some people were arrested. americans are waking up. good sign.

Last edited by faye; 09-25-2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: addition
(#14)
Old
Random visitor

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 09-25-2011, 01:07 AM

Malcolm X was a lost soul who suffered under racial discrimination in the USA. So he became a muslim, forgetting that it was muslim Arab traders who stole his ancestors from the villages in Africa and sold them to the slavers. Had his ancestors been muslims in Africa, they would not have been sold as slaves.

Pity Malcolm X didn't bother to read African slave history.

I certainly did not spill a tear when he was assassinated, though I am still mourning the assassination of the Reverend Dr Martin Luther King.

My second ex-husband is African-American, he too suffered under racial discrimination and segregation and, like the majority young black American men, he was drafted for service in Vietnam. I think he is a Baptist, like MLK was.

I must say, however, that Denzel Washington was hot as Malcolm X in the movie. Of course, he's hot in every movie.
(#15)
Old
PF senior
Bengal_Tiger is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Default 09-25-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
forgetting that it was muslim Arab traders who stole his ancestors from the villages in Africa and sold them to the slavers.
Ignorance.

The Arab "slave trade" (in Islam, "slavery" is very different to what is practised in the west) was in east Africa, just on the eastern side of the Red sea and further south.

The captured slaves of the Americas were from West Africa.

Quote:
Had his ancestors been muslims in Africa, they would not have been sold as slaves.
Ignorance, many of the slaves of West Africa taken to the Americas were in fact Muslim.

Quote:
Many of the slaves brought to colonial America from Africa were Muslims.[37][38] By 1800, some 500,000 Africans arrived in what became the United States. Historians estimate that between 15 to 30 percent of all enslaved African men, and less than 15 percent of the enslaved African women, were Muslims. These enslaved Muslims stood out from their compatriots because of their "resistance, determination and education".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States

"Slavery" in Islam is different and allowed social mobility which is why for instance Muslim Bengal was at one point ruled by black African former slaves, i.e. military officers from Ethiopia. In the Muslim world "slaves" (both white and black) held prominent positions. The Mameluke dynasty were white slaves of Turkish/Circassian blood

Quote:
I certainly did not spill a tear when he was assassinated, though I am still mourning the assassination of the Reverend Dr Martin Luther King.
Why the need to vent your hostility towards a dead man and tell us this on this thread?

Quote:
My second ex-husband is African-American
Irrelevant personal details, this thread is about "Malcolm X" and not "about the marriages and divorces of Random visitor".

Quote:
I must say, however, that Denzel Washington was hot as Malcolm X in the movie. Of course, he's hot in every movie.
Irrelevant.

Stop polluting this thread with irrelevant nonsense. This is a forum which attracts thousands of visitors every day so many may read this thread which a moderator has started to focus on a great intellectual, thinker and activist and irrelevant comments on the physical appearance of Hollywood performers spoil the thread.

Stay on topic.

"When soldiers make war on women and children, they cease to be soldiers... the terror that was unleashed by them in East Pakistan between March and November 1971 is simply inexcusable."

Ex-Pakistani soldier Ikram Sehgal on the Saudi-backed Pakistan army's murder and rape in Bangladesh in 1971. Till now Saudi Arabia backs the Pakistani genocide and applies sanctions on Bangladesh, and supports the Jamaat e Islami terror organization.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bengal_Tiger For This Useful Post:
Zmarak (11-19-2011)
(#16)
Old
PF senior
Bengal_Tiger is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Default 09-25-2011, 06:06 AM

Malik Shabazz (rahmatullahi alaih) was a truly inspiring individual who is one of the iconic figures of the 20th century. He was a man far ahead of his time and his greatness is such that he appeals to a wide audience, ranging from radical leftists to practising Muslims.

Another key quality of his was his intelligence and articulate nature, this in itself was a huge missile which caused devastation to the dehumanized image of African-Americans of the 1960s and showed they were as intelligent as anyone else. He is a man who is not seen purely as a Muslim figure, but a universal figure.

Whereas Turks have Muhammad Al-Fatih, Kurds have Salahuddin, Bengalis have Maulana Bhashani, African-American Muslims have their own Islamic hero, and that hero is Shaheed Malik Shabazz (rahmatullahi 'alaih).

We ask Allah to forgive him his sons and give him the highest jannah, that of jannatul firda'us. May his lofty ideals of racial equality, education and human decency be realized.

Ameen.

Shaheed Malik Shabazz (rahmatullahi 'alaih) performs salah (Islamic prayer).

Two great African-American Muslims, Muhammad Ali and Malik Shabazz.

With Fidel Castro.

Shahid Malik As-Shabazz (rahmatullahi 'alaih) a legend who continues to inspire millions across the globe to this day.

"When soldiers make war on women and children, they cease to be soldiers... the terror that was unleashed by them in East Pakistan between March and November 1971 is simply inexcusable."

Ex-Pakistani soldier Ikram Sehgal on the Saudi-backed Pakistan army's murder and rape in Bangladesh in 1971. Till now Saudi Arabia backs the Pakistani genocide and applies sanctions on Bangladesh, and supports the Jamaat e Islami terror organization.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bengal_Tiger For This Useful Post:
Zmarak (11-19-2011)
(#17)
Old
PF VIP
Gulalai is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default 11-18-2011, 09:27 PM

MALCOLM X: I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything - YouTube

Tags