Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > World News - د نړۍ خبرونه
Reload this Page Afghanistan to get $2.7 Billion worth of Military Gear
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF senior
Talal is on a distinguished road

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Afghanistan to get $2.7 Billion worth of Military Gear - 08-23-2011, 03:35 PM

NATO’s war planners call it the “iron mountain,” the $2.7 billion mass of military equipment that will be dropped on Afghanistan over the next eight months. But will the mountain be tall enough? Between now and next March, the U.S.-led coalition will deliver 22,000 vehicles, including 514 new four-wheeled “mobile strike force” armored vehicles yet to be used in Afghanistan, 44 airplanes and helicopters, 40,000 weapons, and tens of thousands of radios and other pieces of communications gear. “It’s an enormous amount of equipment, vehicles and weapons,” said one U.S. military official. Some Afghans, however, are looking at what the mountain’s missing, particularly fighter jets and tanks. Among them is Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak, who believes such sophisticated weaponry would intimidate the Taliban and keep neighbors Iran and Pakistan at bay.

Afghanistan set to get huge supply of military gear | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

This is heavy stuff, and i think your ANA will really get a boost heck a properly armed military might even draw people away from the talibs

It's enough that I know, Our time had a home, In your heart..Was a place..But the glass always breaks..
(#2)
Old
PF senior
afghan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default 08-24-2011, 11:49 AM

the weapons thats the only thing nato countries are left with.
(#3)
Old
graveyardofempires

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 08-24-2011, 12:19 PM

wowo paki is happy for Afghanistan to get weapons like they have been getting them by begging and killing Pashtuns.
(#4)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
AFG21 is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 08-24-2011, 12:23 PM

I don't think that is good idea Taliban are getting stronger and I think they will get this iron mountain if the US and NATO troops leave.
(#5)
Old
graveyardofempires

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 08-24-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFG21 View Post
I don't think that is good idea Taliban are getting stronger and I think they will get this iron mountain if the US and NATO troops leave.
you should leave with your masters cuz Afghans will rule afghanistan.

now come on start to

Tags
$27, afghanistan, billion, gear, military, worth