Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Religion - دين
Reload this Page Why I became Muslim
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
Muslimah

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Why I became Muslim - 05-23-2010, 01:23 PM

asSalaam walaikom,

I went to a Christian school, where I was always told not to question my faith or to seek truth, that we as Christians had a "blind faith". We couldn't see it, or prove it, but we just believed. I never agreed with this, and never understood the holy trinity. This means that instead of God, there is "God, his son Jesus, and a holy spirit" and these 3 together equal God. They also believe that Jesus IS God, who came down to take the shape of a human. But then at the same time, he was God, a son, a man who let himself die and have people fight against him. Why would God make himself suffer, and become less than what He is? Confused? Yes, so was I.

My friend gave me a book about the science in the Quran - and said I should read it because I would find my proof about God's existence. I read that book so fast, and kept looking up the aya's in the Quran. I kept thinking the book was saying all this incredible stuff, but when I would open the Quran, it wouldn't be there. But it was. All the scientific proof -taken out of the Quran! I then kept asking more questions, and my friend introduced me to a girl who had just converted. I spoke with her many times, for long hours, about why she didn't agree with Christianity, and how she found Islam. Everything seemed to make sense.

Voila, there is my story. I know its long, but you asked for it! Feel free to ask any questions, I am quite open-minded about it.

Last edited by Muslimah; 06-12-2010 at 08:07 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Admin Khan (05-23-2010), BLS_1919v2.0 (05-23-2010), Master Khan (05-24-2010), MeemWawMeemNoon (05-23-2010), Pakhtunzai (05-23-2010), Son of Mountains (05-24-2010)
(#2)
Old
PF senior
MeemWawMeemNoon is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 05-23-2010, 01:31 PM

I am speechless. I have tears of joy coming out of my eyes.

You are an angel!

Islam will prevail, a promise made by the Creator of this universe:

[61:8] They desire to extinguish the light of Allah with the breath of their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, even if the disbelievers hate it.

[61:9] He it is Who has sent His Messenger with the guidance and the Religion of truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religions, even if those who associate partners with God hate it.

(#3)
Old
Tamara

Default 05-23-2010, 01:52 PM

Salam Sister,

Thank you for sharing your story with us!
I'm happy for you not everyone has the luck to be guided.
I hope your family accepts your decision inschaAllah.
I have converted friends, and I know its not easy!

How old were you when you converted to islam?
(#4)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,575 Times in 2,267 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 05-23-2010, 02:00 PM

Hey, That was a very pleasant read.

Email me the powerpoint slideshow, or anything else you would like to share and I will post it for you, if you need any assistance feel free to contact me or the staff.

You can email me the powerpoint on Admin@Pashtunforums.com

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#5)
Old
Muslimah

Default 05-23-2010, 02:04 PM

I was 20

Last edited by Muslimah; 06-12-2010 at 07:29 AM.
(#6)
Old
Tamara

Default 05-23-2010, 02:10 PM

wow MashaAllah
(#7)
Old
PF senior
Pakhtunzai is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 05-23-2010, 04:33 PM

Subanahallah!
(#8)
Old
Khushal Khan Khattak

Smile 05-23-2010, 05:06 PM

muslimah!

how did you find this forum?
(#9)
Old
Muslimah

Default 05-23-2010, 05:09 PM

I searched it in Google.
I wanted to find pashtun people to talk to...and you guys are all awesome! *thumbs up*
(#10)
Old
Khushal Khan Khattak

Question 05-23-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslimah View Post
I searched it in Google.
I wanted to find pashtun people to talk to...and you guys are all awesome! *thumbs up*
though that is very nice of you BUT it doesnt make any sense ??

i'm just curious, why us? why not Arabs, Turkish, Indians etc.

whats the link here?

Tags
muslim