Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Religion - دين
Reload this Page Difference between Ladies and Men's Salah
User Tag List

(#11)
Old
*Mahzala*

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 01-01-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osho View Post
There is such a bias, prejudice and indiscrimination against women by the so called religious circles that even they differentiate women and men in worship of the God. How much gender sesitization they require !

Even here they consider women diferent or may be inferior to men. Women are not allowed to raise their hands fully and are not allowed or recommended or have been given option to go to mosque because woman is a living bomb and it may not explode while raising hands fully or going to mosque where they may become a source of secuction and will rob men of their faith, chastity and honour!
Firstly, there is very little difference in the way men and women conduct their worship and prayer is no different. If there is a difference, it is for the convenience of the women, not because she is half-human or inferior. I would consider another point of criticism as opposed to vouching for women raising their hands to their ear lobes. I would recommend a read or two of the authentic sources of history that tell us women frequented the Masjid and areas of the world where this still continues, rather than drawing baseless conclusions and then spreading them too, only to make yourself look bad. If we, as Pashtuns don't allow our women to see the face of the Masjid save the day she visits a Janazah or maybe her own, that is a different story. That is culture clashing with religion, and has no base in Islam. I wonder why men speak so loudly, and that too Pashtuns, about the rights of women, when in our own homes, there is every sort of deprivation on the female's part. So why the constant gender debate in regards to Islam? It may be a loophole to you, or just another point of Islam you feel you need to target and attack, so when every other issue has been done and dusted, you consider this one. Islam is the only religion that gives two individuals equal rights. I pity you if you're stuck in the misconception that by not raising her hands to her earlobes, a woman is considered inferior. What a way to criticise the religion.
(#12)
Old
PF senior
Badlun is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 01-02-2011, 04:01 AM

I understand the biological and aesthetical differences between men and women.Women may have different gait, hair style, skin texture , reproductive role etc but in the matters of religion(worship). economics, politics, culture , society , knowledge etc they are the same as men.

Similarly I also understand that original Islam gives women the same rights and manners in worship as men but its our culture or wrong reinterpretaion of Islamic jurisprudence that we differentiate men and women in the modes and style of worship. Both are equal human beings and both should worship God in the same way.

I dont know any other religion makes difference in men and women in the modes of worship. Why this is only in Islam that we prescribe diferent modes for men and women!By this diference women may not be necessarily inferior to men but definitely they are presented different. I cant digest the diference in even sacred acts of worship!
The Following User Says Thank You to Badlun For This Useful Post:
(#13)
Old
PF senior
Michin Khel is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default 01-02-2011, 04:36 AM

Osho it seems that you dont pray at all thats why you are making incorrect assumptions. Males and females say same content in prayer. There is slight different in postures of both, which you admit, is according to different physical make up of both genders. You must have observed that man and women sit in different styles on chair, women dont spread their legs.

(#14)
Old
PF senior

Default 01-02-2011, 04:40 AM

osho gula Qitaal, a section of jihad is also part of islam. Islam emphasize it for males only. tell me does it suit to females to fight hand to hand combats? What would be your response if islam had made it compulsory for females also?

(#15)
Old
PF senior
Badlun is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Default 01-02-2011, 04:45 AM

Qital or war is for state not for indivisuals or groups and both men and women soldiers may participate in that under a command.
I dont know anywhere Islam dierentiate men and women to be soldiers or not.
What I read in history that Hazrat Ayesha was commander in chief of the battle of Jabal against Hazrat Ali.
(#16)
Old
PF senior

Default 01-02-2011, 04:54 AM

Dear qitaal becomes compulsory for all muslim males when head of islamic state issue the order to participate and it is optional for females.
Individul or group ibadat, there is difference in it regarding gender. why dont you stress the point that women should also fight with AK47 and bazookas along with males in war?

(#17)
Old
PF senior

Default 01-02-2011, 04:59 AM

Osho gula if we go by your logic then please also stress on the point that women must have been given to retain their pardah from knee to umbilicus. That is they should also not need to compulsorily cover their breasts like males.

Tags
difference, ladies, men, salah