Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > General & Leisure > Travel - سفر
Reload this Page Herat
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF Frequent visitor
Fish is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Herat - 09-03-2010, 10:46 PM

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fish For This Useful Post:
єѕαρχαι (09-03-2010), din (09-04-2010), Nokia_Apridy (09-05-2010)
(#2)
Old
amna.

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 09-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Herat is so clean and gorgeous!
(#3)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 09-03-2010, 10:49 PM

(#4)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 09-03-2010, 10:53 PM

(#5)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 09-03-2010, 10:55 PM

The Following User Says Thank You to Fish For This Useful Post:
Nokia_Apridy (09-05-2010)
(#6)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,575 Times in 2,267 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 09-03-2010, 11:00 PM

Fish,
Thanks for sharing. Herat looks wonderful.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#7)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 09-03-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amna View Post
Herat is so clean and gorgeous!
Two things many people on this forum and other forums know very little about Herat.

1. Heratis are the most patriot Afghan more than any other region in Afghanistan.

2. Herat has always been the cleanest city in Afghanistan and has been the lifeline of Afghanistan in terms of tourism.
(#8)
Old
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 4,575 Times in 2,267 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 09-03-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Two things many people on this forum and other forums know very little about Herat.

1. Heratis are the most patriot Afghan more than any other region in Afghanistan.

2. Herat has always been the cleanest city in Afghanistan and has been the lifeline of Afghanistan in terms of tourism.
I agree. Heratis are super patriotic. I used to have a Herati classmate. I remember one time I was discussing Afghanistan with my professor and I could see tears rolling down my friends eyes. I asked him, "Cheshey woso?"(What happened?)He responded that he misses his Afghanistan and what countries have done to it[as far as destruction goes].

I would say everyone loves Afghanistan but in my opinion, Heratis are extremely patriotic.

Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
(#9)
Old
PF Frequent visitor

Default 09-04-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Caster View Post
Good to see how developed the cities of farsiwaans are.
Herat is not the city of Farsiwan, but city of Afghans. I would appreciate it a lot for future reference if you don't mention cities by language and ethnicity.

Overall, I hope you like the pictures. Contribute if you have any pictures of cities and towns of the region you are from.

Thanks,

ProudAfghan
The Following User Says Thank You to Fish For This Useful Post:
(#10)
Old
PF VIP
IamDZJ is on a distinguished road

Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default 09-04-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Caster View Post
Good to see how developed the cities of farsiwaans are.
watch me be a "farsiwaan" with you from now on. dil tu ki nakafa az ki khat kafid.

I am no bird, and no nest ensnares me.

non commercial would cost less if he was in charge himself which he plans on doing. right now it's n herat but soon it will be in qanadahar.

Tags
herat