Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Profession & Science > Technology - ټكنالوجي > Computer - کمپيوټر
Reload this Page How to Reformat a Windows 7 Computer
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
unknownprince

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default How to Reformat a Windows 7 Computer - 12-03-2011, 08:31 PM

How to Reformat a Windows 7 Computer

By eHow Contributor Have you ever tried to reformat a hard drive on a computer with windows 7? For some it might seem hard, but I will teach you how to do it easily with a few simple steps. Keep in mind that reformating your hard drive will reset it to the factory setting, so you want to make sure that you backup everything that you want to save before we begin the process.
Difficulty:Moderately Easy Instructions

Things You'll Need

• The computer that needs reformatted
  • The recovery disks

• 1 ATTENTION!
      Reformatting a computer will reset it to the factor image, all data must be backed up or it WILL be lost. There are several reasons to reformat a hard drive. A few reasons include but are not limited to: driver issues, virus, cleaning up, getting rid of the computer, etc.

• 2 RECOVERY DISKS!
      Every new windows 7 owner should know that the new computers are not supplied with recovery disks anymore. The manufacturer allows the user to create one set of disks upon the purchase of a new machine. It is important to create the disks early as driver issues and viruses may arise. In order to create recovery disks on windows 7 you want to click on the start menu. Next, type in recovery in the Start Search option area. Next, click on recovery disk creation and follow the process. It will require that you have about 3 dvds or about 7 cds to create the recovery disks.

• 3 REFORMATING HARD DRIVE!
      Once the recovery disks have been made reformatting windows 7 is quite simple. Insert the recovery disks into the cd/dvd tray on the machine. You are now going to want to turn the computer off. When the computer has turned off, go ahead and turn it back on. A screen should pop up asking you whether you want to boot from Hard Drive or Disk. Choose the disk option. After you make it this far it is a downhill process. Next you follow the on-screen instruction make sure you reformat the machine, not recover it.

Tips & Warnings

• Have all your program disks and keys handy.
  • Make a backup of all your files.
  • Don't forget to save your bookmarks.
  • Don't dispose of your drive without formatting it first.
Resources

(#2)
Old
unknownprince

Default 12-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Its a good idea to reformat your laptop/pc once or twice a year. It will get rid off any bugs which your anti-virus is unable to get rid off.

The steps are easy to follow if you have Windows 7, just remember to back up all the data you wish to keep, and maybe email word documents to yourself before you proceed.

Good idea if your computer is slow.
(#3)
Old
PF senior
KhyberKhan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 12-04-2011, 07:55 PM

why reformat? just use system restore.
(#4)
Old
unknownprince

Default 12-04-2011, 07:58 PM

System restore does not get rid of viruses like the Trojan viruses and like the infamous MSremoval tool virus. it may temporarily fix it, but the problem will come back again.

Reformat is the best way to just clean everything out.
(#5)
Old
PF senior
Nora is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 12-04-2011, 08:03 PM

last year mine got reformated by its slef i've lost all my data
(#6)
Old
Iqra

Default 12-04-2011, 10:04 PM

My brother installed windows 7 for me ..but I don't have access to my mic anymore, does anyone know how to fix that?
(#7)
Old
unknownprince

Default 12-04-2011, 11:09 PM

^system restore to an earlier setting.

go to all programs from start menu> accessories>system tools > and then system restore

choose the earliest restore point

If you dont have any restore points (there will at least be one or two restore points), close your computer, and press F8, this will bring up a list of options, choose repair windows, However, I would leave this part to someone who has more experience with Windows 7.

The best is to check if you have restore points, and pick the earliest one (the one right after you got your laptop/PC or installed Windows7)

Lastly, you could reinstall Windows 7 (if you have the CD/DVD), and that would be another simple way in fixing the problem.

If that does not work, then your sound card drivers (they can be downloaded from the manufacturers website) need to be updated or reinstalled.

Last edited by unknownprince; 12-04-2011 at 11:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
(#8)
Old
Iqra

Default 12-05-2011, 12:00 AM

hmmm when Windows 7 was installed (it used to have vista) I just didn't have access to a mic anymore ...

How do I find the sound card drivers (I am hoping this is the easiest way I'll be able to fix it myself InshaAllah)
(#9)
Old
Iqra

Default 12-05-2011, 12:22 AM

Yayyyyyyyy I downloaded the driver from the manufacturer's site and alhamdulillah it works now!!

(I had been struggling with this almost a year now!)

Der tashakur
(#10)
Old
unknownprince

Default 12-05-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqra View Post
Yayyyyyyyy I downloaded the driver from the manufacturer's site and alhamdulillah it works now!!

(I had been struggling with this almost a year now!)

Der tashakur
did you have to enter your computer model and type at the manufacturers website driver download page?

Tags
computer, reformat, windows