Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto |
World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   Pashtun Community | Pashtuns | Pashto | > Politics & Current Affairs > Political Talk - سياسي خبرې
Reload this Page The Voice for Pashtun Rights
User Tag List

(#1)
Old
PF knowledgeable
pir_Rokhan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The Voice for Pashtun Rights - 03-20-2010, 07:10 PM

This the speech of a respectable political figure who never bowed his head to the pakistani establishment.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Watangul#p/u/39/hwzBoQaBC78

Last edited by pir_Rokhan; 03-20-2010 at 07:32 PM.
(#2)
Old
PF contributor
Levanaye Zalmaye is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,400 Times in 723 Posts
My Mood: In Love
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default 03-21-2010, 07:30 AM

I love, respect and salute Mahmood Khan Achakzai sahab with all my heart. Right now, he is the only true leader of the Pashtun people - no one comes even close.

And he is the only one who goes up on the stage, on the tv and in the print media and says all the things that we want to hear from our leaders:

We ask for our rights and they say we're breaking Pakistan. Brothers, if for the sake of our rights Pakistan breaks, by God, I want that it breaks before maazigar (asr time) and mashaam (maghrib time).

I think this bit will upset some boys.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be".

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives".
(#3)
Old
PF contributor
Dinosaur Khan is on a distinguished road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 03-21-2010, 07:43 AM

Mahmood khan achakzai is a genuine pashtun leader and i wish that his party to establish strong roots in Pakhtunkhwa aka NWFP.

(#4)
Old
Punjabi

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 03-21-2010, 01:02 PM

I agree with Unhiddentruth,
Most Pashtun parties are 2 face they say one thing and mean another. I remember PMAP clearly saying in the 80s how Afghans are different, we are giving them refuge, what are they doing here and now ironically he claims to be a full blown 100percent Afghan? Is it because he knows he can't be Pashtun without associating himself with Afghanistan(since that is where Pashtun history resides in and it's famous leaders)

I just think his intentions are politically driven,

I am one of those people who has lived in Karachi and Quetta.

those who say there are only '5'million Pashtun Afghans need to pay Sindh and Baluchistan a visit. Those 5million are registered refugees.

There are at least an extra 5million Pashtuns from Afghan south of Kandahar,Helmand (Mainly Kandahar) here. None of them has registered and they all live here. Come to Karachi ity all of the markets are operated and owned by Pashto speakers.

I even joke and ask them have you registered they say no?

There is a place called Gulshan Iqbal in Karachi a place called Sohrab goth pay them a visit you will see millions of these Pashtuns primarily from Kandahar,Helmand and etc.
(#5)
Old
Administrator
tor_khan is on a distinguished road

Thanked 1,711 Times in 984 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Default 03-21-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi View Post
There is a place called Gulshan Iqbal in Karachi a place called Sohrab goth pay them a visit you will see millions of these Pashtuns primarily from Kandahar,Helmand and etc.
I have family in Gulshan-e-Iqbal, so had reason to be there for a short stint last summer - there were many people from southern Afghanistan selling fruit at the Mangal Bazaar (I think) when I was there. On the outskirts of town there's Afghan Basti - but it felt neglected and unwanted, and really summed up how Afghans are on the fringes of Pakistan society.

Other than that I really kept out of the politics.

Tags
pashtun, rights, voice