World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak > >
Reload this Page Which sect of Islam is correct?
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1)
Old
Karachi Karachi is offline
BANNED
Karachi is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 7,921
Thanks: 353
Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,189 Posts
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Which sect of Islam is correct? - 06-04-2017, 08:22 PM

Which sect of Islam is correct?

Sufis = Grave worshippers/backwards/poor/lazy

Wahabi/Salafis : violent/fat/rich/corrupt/lazy

Shias: mutah marriage/violent/annoying

Who else?
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Baserka's Avatar
Baserka Baserka is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Baserka is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 212
Thanks: 14
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default 06-04-2017, 10:02 PM

Which religion would you rather we all follow??
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
کیش's Avatar
کیش کیش is offline
PF senior
کیش is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 4,374
Thanks: 1,341
Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,083 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default 06-04-2017, 11:19 PM

The same one sect that is found in Judaism and Christianity. Mumin, believer.

It is narrated on the authority of Yahya b. Ya'mur that the first man who discussed qadr (Divine Decree) in Basra was Ma'bad al-Juhani. I along with Humaid b. 'Abdur-Rahman Himyari set out for pilgrimage or for 'Umrah and said:
Should it so happen that we come into contact with one of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) we shall ask him about what is talked about taqdir (Divine Decree). Accidentally we came across Abdullah ibn Umar ibn al-Khattab, while he was entering the mosque. My companion and I surrounded him. One of us (stood) on his right and the other stood on his left. I expected that my companion would authorize me to speak. I therefore said: Abu Abdur Rahman! There have appeared some people in our land who recite the Qur'an and pursue knowledge. And then after talking about their affairs, added: They (such people) claim that there is no such thing as Divine Decree and events are not predestined. He (Abdullah ibn Umar) said: When you happen to meet such people tell them that I have nothing to do with them and they have nothing to do with me. And verily they are in no way responsible for my (belief). Abdullah ibn Umar swore by Him (the Lord) (and said): If any one of them (who does not believe in the Divine Decree) had with him gold equal to the bulk of (the mountain) Uhud and spent it (in the way of Allah), Allah would not accept it unless he affirmed his faith in Divine Decree. He further said: My father, Umar ibn al-Khattab, told me: One day we were sitting in the company of Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) when there appeared before us a man dressed in pure white clothes, his hair extraordinarily black. There were no signs of travel on him. None amongst us recognized him. At last he sat with the Apostle (peace be upon him) He knelt before him placed his palms on his thighs and said: Muhammad, inform me about al-Islam. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Al-Islam implies that you testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and you establish prayer, pay Zakat, observe the fast of Ramadan, and perform pilgrimage to the (House) if you are solvent enough (to bear the expense of) the journey. He (the inquirer) said: You have told the truth. He (Umar ibn al-Khattab) said: It amazed us that he would put the question and then he would himself verify the truth. He (the inquirer) said: Inform me about Iman (faith). He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you affirm your faith in Allah, in His angels, in His Books, in His Apostles, in the Day of Judgment, and you affirm your faith in the Divine Decree about good and evil. He (the inquirer) said: You have told the truth. He (the inquirer) again said: Inform me about al-Ihsan (performance of good deeds). He (the Holy Prophet) said: That you worship Allah as if you are seeing Him, for though you don't see Him, He, verily, sees you. He (the enquirer) again said: Inform me about the hour (of the Doom). He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: One who is asked knows no more than the one who is inquiring (about it). He (the inquirer) said: Tell me some of its indications. He (the Holy Prophet) said: That the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress and master, that you will find barefooted, destitute goat-herds vying with one another in the construction of magnificent buildings. He (the narrator, Umar ibn al-Khattab) said: Then he (the inquirer) went on his way but I stayed with him (the Holy Prophet) for a long while. He then, said to me: Umar, do you know who this inquirer was? I replied: Allah and His Apostle knows best. He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: He was Gabriel (the angel). He came to you in order to instruct you in matters of religion.

Muslim Book 1, Hadith 1

Last edited by کیش; 06-04-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
toughpashtun toughpashtun is offline
PF knowledgeable
toughpashtun is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 602
Thanks: 172
Thanked 143 Times in 107 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default 06-05-2017, 04:49 AM

There are more sects and sub sects than you think.
Its pretty obvious that many people would think that their sect is the correct one.Some others would probably be more accepting of the other groups.But there is no way you can get a completely unbiased answer here.
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Shamlawar Khurasani's Avatar
Shamlawar Khurasani Shamlawar Khurasani is offline
PF senior
Shamlawar Khurasani is an unknown quantity at this point
 
Posts: 4,908
Thanks: 337
Thanked 845 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Darul Kufr
Default 06-05-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachi View Post
Which sect of Islam is correct?

Sufis = Grave worshippers/backwards/poor/lazy

Wahabi/Salafis : violent/fat/rich/corrupt/lazy

Shias: mutah marriage/violent/annoying

Who else?
Any sect that doesn't include people like you.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shamlawar Khurasani For This Useful Post:
Manzareh (06-10-2017)
(#6)
Old
Karachi Karachi is offline
BANNED
Karachi is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 7,921
Thanks: 353
Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,189 Posts
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default 06-05-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamlawar Khurasani View Post
Any sect that doesn't include people like you.

I am not part of any sect, will never be. Spirituality/belief should always be on individual basis, doesn't matter what it is, because your own beliefs get corrupted if they are influence by someone else
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Karachi Karachi is offline
BANNED
Karachi is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 7,921
Thanks: 353
Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,189 Posts
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default 06-05-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by کیش View Post
The same one sect that is found in Judaism and Christianity. Mumin, believer.

It is narrated on the authority of Yahya b. Ya'mur that the first man who discussed qadr (Divine Decree) in Basra was Ma'bad al-Juhani. I along with Humaid b. 'Abdur-Rahman Himyari set out for pilgrimage or for 'Umrah and said:
Should it so happen that we come into contact with one of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) we shall ask him about what is talked about taqdir (Divine Decree). Accidentally we came across Abdullah ibn Umar ibn al-Khattab, while he was entering the mosque. My companion and I surrounded him. One of us (stood) on his right and the other stood on his left. I expected that my companion would authorize me to speak. I therefore said: Abu Abdur Rahman! There have appeared some people in our land who recite the Qur'an and pursue knowledge. And then after talking about their affairs, added: They (such people) claim that there is no such thing as Divine Decree and events are not predestined. He (Abdullah ibn Umar) said: When you happen to meet such people tell them that I have nothing to do with them and they have nothing to do with me. And verily they are in no way responsible for my (belief). Abdullah ibn Umar swore by Him (the Lord) (and said): If any one of them (who does not believe in the Divine Decree) had with him gold equal to the bulk of (the mountain) Uhud and spent it (in the way of Allah), Allah would not accept it unless he affirmed his faith in Divine Decree. He further said: My father, Umar ibn al-Khattab, told me: One day we were sitting in the company of Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) when there appeared before us a man dressed in pure white clothes, his hair extraordinarily black. There were no signs of travel on him. None amongst us recognized him. At last he sat with the Apostle (peace be upon him) He knelt before him placed his palms on his thighs and said: Muhammad, inform me about al-Islam. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Al-Islam implies that you testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and you establish prayer, pay Zakat, observe the fast of Ramadan, and perform pilgrimage to the (House) if you are solvent enough (to bear the expense of) the journey. He (the inquirer) said: You have told the truth. He (Umar ibn al-Khattab) said: It amazed us that he would put the question and then he would himself verify the truth. He (the inquirer) said: Inform me about Iman (faith). He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you affirm your faith in Allah, in His angels, in His Books, in His Apostles, in the Day of Judgment, and you affirm your faith in the Divine Decree about good and evil. He (the inquirer) said: You have told the truth. He (the inquirer) again said: Inform me about al-Ihsan (performance of good deeds). He (the Holy Prophet) said: That you worship Allah as if you are seeing Him, for though you don't see Him, He, verily, sees you. He (the enquirer) again said: Inform me about the hour (of the Doom). He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: One who is asked knows no more than the one who is inquiring (about it). He (the inquirer) said: Tell me some of its indications. He (the Holy Prophet) said: That the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress and master, that you will find barefooted, destitute goat-herds vying with one another in the construction of magnificent buildings. He (the narrator, Umar ibn al-Khattab) said: Then he (the inquirer) went on his way but I stayed with him (the Holy Prophet) for a long while. He then, said to me: Umar, do you know who this inquirer was? I replied: Allah and His Apostle knows best. He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: He was Gabriel (the angel). He came to you in order to instruct you in matters of religion.

Muslim Book 1, Hadith 1
This is very vague, every sect in Islam would claim to be a mumin
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Iblis_Efreetzai Iblis_Efreetzai is online now
PF senior
Iblis_Efreetzai is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,920
Thanks: 1,023
Thanked 692 Times in 541 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2016
Default 06-09-2017, 08:56 PM

Basically you're just regurgitating stereotypes


Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
They look healthy and fit, mashallah. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I've noticed you pay attention to men fitness like faggots, fix yourself before dying and facing allah on judgement day .
Does he even Logic?
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Manzareh's Avatar
Manzareh Manzareh is online now
Lion of PF
Manzareh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 5,524
Thanks: 1,860
Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,342 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In the lab
Default 06-10-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachi View Post
I am not part of any sect, will never be. Spirituality/belief should always be on individual basis, doesn't matter what it is, because your own beliefs get corrupted if they are influence by someone else
You are not even a Muslim, you do not believe Quran is the word of God. Simple


----------

*You cannot climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachi View Post
like I said, there was only one reason I pretended to be pathan, for a girl, who was from Afghan forums and also registered here
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Sarbani Sarbani is offline
PF knowledgeable
Sarbani is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 416
Thanks: 202
Thanked 119 Times in 95 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default 07-11-2017, 09:10 PM

The worst sect is Sunnism. Then within Sunnism, Wahhabism of course. None are correct, but Nizari Ismaili Shias are the best since they don't fast or pray and completely ignore the Qur'an and Ahadtih.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
islam, correct, sect, mutah, marriage/violent/annoying

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghan MP3| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.