World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak > >
Reload this Page Islamic State seizes territory from the Taliban, for the first time
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#101)
Old
Afghanfootball Afghanfootball is offline
PF contributor
Afghanfootball is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,033
Thanks: 521
Thanked 294 Times in 243 Posts
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default 07-04-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Skinned Savage View Post
This kind of lends evidence to my statement
Yes it proves Kambojas migrated to India however it was only some not all. There were even Kambojas in Tibet.
Reply With Quote
(#102)
Old
Brown Skinned Savage Brown Skinned Savage is offline
BANNED
Brown Skinned Savage is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,435
Thanks: 371
Thanked 246 Times in 206 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default 07-04-2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afghanfootball View Post
Yes it proves Kambojas migrated to India however it was only some not all. There were even Kambojas in Tibet.
We don't have known Kambojas in Afghanistan but the name Kambojas still exists in India very prominently
Reply With Quote
(#103)
Old
Afghanfootball Afghanfootball is offline
PF contributor
Afghanfootball is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,033
Thanks: 521
Thanked 294 Times in 243 Posts
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default 07-05-2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Skinned Savage View Post
We don't have known Kambojas in Afghanistan but the name Kambojas still exists in India very prominently
Well there are Kam Nuristanis. Also it is because Kambojas in Afghanistan were known as Ashvakas which is believed to have morphed into Afghan.
Reply With Quote
(#104)
Old
Afghanfootball Afghanfootball is offline
PF contributor
Afghanfootball is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,033
Thanks: 521
Thanked 294 Times in 243 Posts
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default 07-05-2015, 12:12 AM

Kambojas were considered Mleccha (Barbarian) (Non Indian) by the Indians. So that pretty much ends the debate of whether or not they were Dravidian.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mleccha
Reply With Quote
(#105)
Old
Brown Skinned Savage Brown Skinned Savage is offline
BANNED
Brown Skinned Savage is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,435
Thanks: 371
Thanked 246 Times in 206 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default 07-05-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afghanfootball View Post
Well there are Kam Nuristanis. Also it is because Kambojas in Afghanistan were known as Ashvakas which is believed to have morphed into Afghan.
That's not "Kamboja' ....that's an attempt at trying to suggest a etymological cognate with the name ......which may or may not be true.

oh yeah and I found this.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C5%9Bvaka
Quote:
The word is also used as a generic descriptor for nomadic pastoral people of ancient north-western India who were known for their skills as horse breeders and riders.[2]
Reply With Quote
(#106)
Old
Afghanfootball Afghanfootball is offline
PF contributor
Afghanfootball is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,033
Thanks: 521
Thanked 294 Times in 243 Posts
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default 07-05-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Skinned Savage View Post
That's not "Kamboja' ....that's an attempt at trying to suggest a etymological cognate with the name ......which may or may not be true.

oh yeah and I found this.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C5%9Bvaka
Thats because on wiki they count Afghanistan as a part of Ancient India.
Reply With Quote
(#107)
Old
Brown Skinned Savage Brown Skinned Savage is offline
BANNED
Brown Skinned Savage is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,435
Thanks: 371
Thanked 246 Times in 206 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default 07-05-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afghanfootball View Post
Kambojas were considered Mleccha (Barbarian) (Non Indian) by the Indians. So that pretty much ends the debate of whether or not they were Dravidian.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mleccha
I never suggested Kambojas were primarily Indian, just the Ashvakas who may have just been a hamsaya of the Kambojas and not Kambojas proper

and that's just a hypothesis which serves to explain that leaps between Ashvakas and Afghan is tremendous and presumptuous.


By the way I enjoy this debate, it's intelligent and productive.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brown Skinned Savage For This Useful Post:
Afghanfootball (07-05-2015)
(#108)
Old
Brown Skinned Savage Brown Skinned Savage is offline
BANNED
Brown Skinned Savage is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,435
Thanks: 371
Thanked 246 Times in 206 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default 07-05-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afghanfootball View Post
Thats because on wiki they count Afghanistan as a part of Ancient India.

That doesn't have any relevance to the statement was a generic term used for ANYONE that were into horse breeding. Which would include ANY PEOPLES in the area that engaged in such a trade My suspicion is that Ashvakas were a class of people, not an actual race and may have been made up of various conquered races, such as Dravidian remnants and such.

Last edited by Brown Skinned Savage; 07-05-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#109)
Old
Afghanfootball Afghanfootball is offline
PF contributor
Afghanfootball is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,033
Thanks: 521
Thanked 294 Times in 243 Posts
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default 07-05-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Skinned Savage View Post
That doesn't have any relevance to the statement was a generic term used for ANYONE that were into horse breeding. Which would include ANY PEOPLES in the area that engaged in such a trade My suspicion is that Ashvakas were a class of people, not an actual race and may have been made up of various conquered races, such as Dravidian remnants and such.
But if that was the case how would we explain the two branches of the Ashvakas the Asspasoi and the Assakenoi?
Reply With Quote
(#110)
Old
Brown Skinned Savage Brown Skinned Savage is offline
BANNED
Brown Skinned Savage is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,435
Thanks: 371
Thanked 246 Times in 206 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default 07-05-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afghanfootball View Post
But if that was the case how would we explain the two branches of the Ashvakas the Asspasoi and the Assakenoi?
I'll need to do more reading but possibly different ranks?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
islamic, seizes, state, taliban, territory, time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghan MP3| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.