World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak > >
Reload this Page Arabic should become the single official national language in all muslim countries
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#591)
Old
Qami Qami is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Qami is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 48
Thanks: 22
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default 04-20-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman47 View Post
There's a special look to Caucasians,, they have a very unique skull structure as well(natives of Kafkaz)... And Armenians? They look very very different than their Kafkaz neighbours, with different language, different script and kind of different culture!

Source: I have Friends from Kafkaz tribes(Southern ones).

Who are your friends? Lezgi or Georgians ?

The script we use by he way are related to the scripts in southern caucasus (georgian and Aghvanian scripts), but the languages aren't (except some words )
Reply With Quote
(#592)
Old
Daryeh Daryeh is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Daryeh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 45
Thanks: 27
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default 04-21-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qami View Post
Dear Daryeh, there areseveral reasons.
Genetically the populations re quite mixed, but the ain core of Arenians patrilineally is related to R1b haplogroup, while caucasians are G or J1 or J2.
But that isn't the main point.
Geographically the ountains in Arenia are part of he Armenian Highland that goes from modern armenia to modern turkey and is separated both geographically and geologically from the Caucasus.
Culturally we are close to Iranians specially as i said the west Iranians (look e.g. on the dances of Armenians, Kurds, Lurs, Bakhtiyars...). Our Phenotype is also uch more related to Iranic people, but not to Caucasian.

It is not hate to caucasians that makes me say that, but simply the differences we have.
I don't have any dislike for caucasian peoples or their culture. But to call us all caucasians is done usually by ignorant russian skinheads.

For sure there are soe assimilated caucasians among armenians, but their culture, raditions and phenotype did never prevail.

Caucasians are usually much more light than us, Our culture is based more on community, while the caucasian is based more on individual.

So there are really big differences on that behalf.

Armenia is now a limited region that borders with two caucasian countries, but if you consider it fro a historical point of view (most of historical Arenia is nowdays east and southeast Turkey), it should be even more evident that our relation to caucasians isquite limited.
People from north western Iran seem similar to Armenians because they are the same as the ethnic groups across the northern border in Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey. Iran ruled over much of that region, part of the Caucasus still remains geographically in Iran and its people have assimilated into a broader Iranian/Persian identity.

That's not my opinion, it's just what I've understood from reading a little on the history of that region. But anyway, people are free to identify as they wish. Armenians seem pretty mixed so I can understand why some feel closer to Iran and the rest of the Middle East.
Reply With Quote
(#593)
Old
Daryeh Daryeh is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Daryeh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 45
Thanks: 27
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default 04-21-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis_Efreetzai View Post
You know a LOT about Iranians. .....are you from Iran?
I'm not no- there are so few good books on the history of ancient Afghanistan that I end up reading books on Iran where they sometimes mention regions in Afghanistan too.
Reply With Quote
(#594)
Old
Iblis_Efreetzai Iblis_Efreetzai is offline
PF senior
Iblis_Efreetzai is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,751
Thanks: 895
Thanked 598 Times in 477 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2016
Default 04-21-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryeh View Post
I'm not no- there are so few good books on the history of ancient Afghanistan that I end up reading books on Iran where they sometimes mention regions in Afghanistan too.
But you spell 'Darya' as 'Daryeh' which is more of an Iranian transliteration.


Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
They look healthy and fit, mashallah. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I've noticed you pay attention to men fitness like faggots, fix yourself before dying and facing allah on judgement day .
Does he even Logic?
Reply With Quote
(#595)
Old
Qami Qami is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Qami is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 48
Thanks: 22
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default 04-21-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryeh View Post
People from north western Iran seem similar to Armenians because they are the same as the ethnic groups across the northern border in Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey. Iran ruled over much of that region, part of the Caucasus still remains geographically in Iran and its people have assimilated into a broader Iranian/Persian identity.

That's not my opinion, it's just what I've understood from reading a little on the history of that region. But anyway, people are free to identify as they wish. Armenians seem pretty mixed so I can understand why some feel closer to Iran and the rest of the Middle East.
Dear Daryeh, it is not about ones wish or my personal wish. First of all, genetically Iranian Azeris aren't the same as us, hey have enough differences and in 80% of cases you not only can distinguish but cannot istake the for us. On the other hand even Azeris and Azerbaijanis are different as he Azerbaijanis are turkified people of different origin.

Concerning the Caucasus , you are wrong. The Caucasus ends in northern part of Azerbaijan republic and isn't part of Iran. What is part of Iran are parts of the Armenian Highland, that is the northern piece of mountainous formations that stretch allover Iran.
It is not for nationalistic reasons that I call it Armenian highland, it is just its Geographic term.
Armenians are not more mixed than other populations around there or here in Iran, but we have a core and that core is typically indoeuropean, it is however distinct fro Indoiranians. But on the early stages of our being we influenced each other and on later stages the Arenians got influenced.
Our language is very related to indoiranic languages. Moreover, we can find specific common features even with Pashto (e.g. the verb infinitive in Pashto is very similar to the Armenian verb infinitive, the words in -tun seem something common.....).
So it is not out of wish of identification or so.

But if you are in identification questions, just ask a caucasian guy (like georgian or chechen) whom he doesn't consider caucasian, and first of all they will tell two peoples Armenians and Ossetians.
The thing is that Armenia isn't located even in the caucasus, but Ossetia is.

What you are saying is like saying that Panjabi and Pashtun are same, what is not the case, also there may be some cases of common genes. That doesn't make them one.

Still you will be culturally closer than we and the caucasians.

By the way the term Caucasian is very artificial and geographic, because we have at least 3-4 groups of caucasians that neither linguistically nor genetically are related, what related them is that being neighbors they adopted common cultural features. (that by the way is concerning also Ossetians, who not being linguistically Caucasians, although any genetically are, have not so different culture fro their neighbors, or at least share some cultural features).
We Armenians do not share those feature, neither our folk dances, neither our music, neither our moral codes, neither our mentality, neither our mythology and traditional belief system are related to the caucasian, but the are closely related to vedic and avestan.

That however didn't disturb us from having fro ancient ties good relations wth the caucasians.In fact during invasions in the past, Ibers (georgians), Aghvans (Lezgis) and us were defending our lands together.

You should widen your knowledge on our area.


Having said that, again i repeat, there is nothing bad in being caucasian over indo-european, just we are different and it's not on me or you to change that.

In fact there are armenian migrants in russia with low education, that follow the russian cliche of being called caucasians and try to adopt caucasian culture, but it mostly goes wrong, as such people are looked strange by those that keep their culture.
Reply With Quote
(#596)
Old
Qami Qami is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Qami is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 48
Thanks: 22
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default 04-21-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis_Efreetzai View Post
But you spell 'Darya' as 'Daryeh' which is more of an Iranian transliteration.
No , in Iranian Farsi Darya is still darya, because it ends with Alef.

دریا, only words that end with ه show that change from a short A in Tajik and Dari to an E in Iranian Farsi. Like Zira-Zire, Doyra-Doyre or names like Fatima-Fateme, Farzana-Farzane....


The H that is written is never pronounced, it is written just to transcribe it correctly from the Persian script. as ه in Persian is usually the H sound, but in word endings after consonants it is read as E not as H.

By the way in Tajik orthography the long A is reduced to an O. So transcribed from cyrillic Tajiks write Daryo ( Дарё)

Last edited by Qami; 04-21-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#597)
Old
Daryeh Daryeh is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Daryeh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 45
Thanks: 27
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default 04-22-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis_Efreetzai View Post
But you spell 'Darya' as 'Daryeh' which is more of an Iranian transliteration.
My username isn't darya, it doesn't mean anything in Farsi.
Reply With Quote
(#598)
Old
Daryeh Daryeh is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Daryeh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 45
Thanks: 27
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default 04-22-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qami View Post
Dear Daryeh, it is not about ones wish or my personal wish. First of all, genetically Iranian Azeris aren't the same as us, hey have enough differences and in 80% of cases you not only can distinguish but cannot istake the for us. On the other hand even Azeris and Azerbaijanis are different as he Azerbaijanis are turkified people of different origin.

Concerning the Caucasus , you are wrong. The Caucasus ends in northern part of Azerbaijan republic and isn't part of Iran. What is part of Iran are parts of the Armenian Highland, that is the northern piece of mountainous formations that stretch allover Iran.
It is not for nationalistic reasons that I call it Armenian highland, it is just its Geographic term.
Armenians are not more mixed than other populations around there or here in Iran, but we have a core and that core is typically indoeuropean, it is however distinct fro Indoiranians. But on the early stages of our being we influenced each other and on later stages the Arenians got influenced.
Our language is very related to indoiranic languages. Moreover, we can find specific common features even with Pashto (e.g. the verb infinitive in Pashto is very similar to the Armenian verb infinitive, the words in -tun seem something common.....).
So it is not out of wish of identification or so.

But if you are in identification questions, just ask a caucasian guy (like georgian or chechen) whom he doesn't consider caucasian, and first of all they will tell two peoples Armenians and Ossetians.
The thing is that Armenia isn't located even in the caucasus, but Ossetia is.

What you are saying is like saying that Panjabi and Pashtun are same, what is not the case, also there may be some cases of common genes. That doesn't make them one.

Still you will be culturally closer than we and the caucasians.

By the way the term Caucasian is very artificial and geographic, because we have at least 3-4 groups of caucasians that neither linguistically nor genetically are related, what related them is that being neighbors they adopted common cultural features. (that by the way is concerning also Ossetians, who not being linguistically Caucasians, although any genetically are, have not so different culture fro their neighbors, or at least share some cultural features).
We Armenians do not share those feature, neither our folk dances, neither our music, neither our moral codes, neither our mentality, neither our mythology and traditional belief system are related to the caucasian, but the are closely related to vedic and avestan.

That however didn't disturb us from having fro ancient ties good relations wth the caucasians.In fact during invasions in the past, Ibers (georgians), Aghvans (Lezgis) and us were defending our lands together.

You should widen your knowledge on our area.


Having said that, again i repeat, there is nothing bad in being caucasian over indo-european, just we are different and it's not on me or you to change that.

In fact there are armenian migrants in russia with low education, that follow the russian cliche of being called caucasians and try to adopt caucasian culture, but it mostly goes wrong, as such people are looked strange by those that keep their culture.
Yeah I agree there are noticeable differences between people from north Caucasus and countries like Armenia and Azerbaijan, they're not related. Armenians still have more in common genetically and culturally with Turkey than Iran. Although people in north and western Iran, the Levant, Turkey and Armenia all share genetic and cultural similarities because of long periods of migration and cultural exchange.
Reply With Quote
(#599)
Old
Iblis_Efreetzai Iblis_Efreetzai is offline
PF senior
Iblis_Efreetzai is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,751
Thanks: 895
Thanked 598 Times in 477 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2016
Default 04-22-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryeh View Post
My username isn't darya, it doesn't mean anything in Farsi.

which language is it from? Is it like "dar yeh" which is Pashto, but a sentence fragment.

da kom zai yeh?


Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
They look healthy and fit, mashallah. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I've noticed you pay attention to men fitness like faggots, fix yourself before dying and facing allah on judgement day .
Does he even Logic?
Reply With Quote
(#600)
Old
Daryeh Daryeh is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Daryeh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 45
Thanks: 27
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default 04-22-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis_Efreetzai View Post
which language is it from? Is it like "dar yeh" which is Pashto, but a sentence fragment.

da kom zai yeh?
It doesn't mean anything to be honest, I'm not good at usernames. I'm not Iranian or Pashtun, I'm Tajik.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daryeh For This Useful Post:
Akbar (04-22-2017)
Reply

Tags
arabic, countries, language, muslim, national, official, single

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghan MP3| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.