World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak > >
Reload this Page what is the history of Yusufzai Tribe in Western India ?
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1)
Old
Aham Brahmasmi Aham Brahmasmi is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Aham Brahmasmi is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 99
Thanks: 11
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default what is the history of Yusufzai Tribe in Western India ? - 10-12-2017, 09:36 AM

one of the neighbors of my cousins claim that they are yusufzai pathan from Pakistan. as his Daughter and i became very close i got to know that they claim that they have migrated from southern Regions of Afghanistan to Saurashtra when mughals were rulars of India.

they have wired name such as sakir khan babi, rayhaan khan babi etc etc. they family is poorer and mostly falls in very middle class but they do have somewhat afghan features such as pale as pink skin.
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Samandri's Avatar
Samandri Samandri is offline
PF senior
Samandri is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,172
Thanks: 724
Thanked 845 Times in 610 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default 10-12-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aham Brahmasmi View Post
one of the neighbors of my cousins claim that they are yusufzai pathan from Pakistan. as his Daughter and i became very close i got to know that they claim that they have migrated from southern Regions of Afghanistan to Saurashtra when mughals were rulars of India.

they have wired name such as sakir khan babi, rayhaan khan babi etc etc. they family is poorer and mostly falls in very middle class but they do have somewhat afghan features such as pale as pink skin.
Babi is a tribe of southern Afghanistan which has nothing to do with Yousafzais (Babis are from Ghurghusht category while Yousafzais are from Sarban category of Pashtuns).

Your neighbors must have read Wikipedia where some one erroneously wrote that Babis are Yousafzais. I also came across an Indian Babi on facebook who was claiming that he is a Yousafzai. When i asked him where he learnt that Babis are Yousafzais, he directed me to the Wikipedia article. The Babi nawabs on the other hand, the genuine descendants of Babis who kept their lineage tables and history records, have corrected identified themselves as Ghurghushti Afghans. There was an interview of the current head of the Babi ex-nawab family of Junadagh (now residents of Karachi), and he introduced himself as a Ghurghusht Afghan.

They were originally mansabdars of Mughals. They established independent principalities in Gujarat after decline of Mughal empire.
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Aham Brahmasmi Aham Brahmasmi is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Aham Brahmasmi is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 99
Thanks: 11
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default 10-12-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samandri View Post
Babi is a tribe of southern Afghanistan which has nothing to do with Yousafzais (Babis are from Ghurghusht category while Yousafzais are from Sarban category of Pashtuns).

Your neighbors must have read Wikipedia where some one erroneously wrote that Babis are Yousafzais. I also came across an Indian Babi on facebook who was claiming that he is a Yousafzai. When i asked him where he learnt that Babis are Yousafzais, he directed me to the Wikipedia article. The Babi nawabs on the other hand, the genuine descendants of Babis who kept their lineage tables and history records, have corrected identified themselves as Ghurghushti Afghans. There was an interview of the current head of the Babi ex-nawab family of Junadagh (now residents of Karachi), and he introduced himself as a Ghurghusht Afghan.

They were originally mansabdars of Mughals. They established independent principalities in Gujarat after decline of Mughal empire.
actually they have some type of Lineage paper where they have list of their Ancestors who have migrated here.

her family looks genuine as they also have Swords, Shields and kawach of their distant Ancestors. according to their family history their ancestors were warriors in Nawabs force and stationed in Bilkha town of Modernday junagadh distric. apparently they still have some land there.

i have noticed these recent trend of urbanization of Upper class Muslims of Gujarat. large number of Pashtun, Khalifa and sayyed muslims are actively marrying into Upper Caste Families of Gujarat.

one of my Friend is shia qureshi but his mother is a Christian. one girl from my distant Family married into Jafri Muslim family while my own 2 cousins (of single family/father) are married to two Pathan Girls of Ghilzai and Jardaan tribes. both of my "Bhabhis"are sisters who came to my City for college from their home in Junagadh, you should note that father of my cousins is Head of our Brahmin Tribe and a well known Doctor in our city.(vaidh Surname, literally means Doctor in gujarati)

I take their pathan claim seriously as most of these have light Skin and some what persdo iranic features. also according to wiki there are only 2,80,000 people claim pathan origins out of 5 Million Muslims of Gujarat.

one profession in my college is Akram Khan jadoon. he is the head of computer Department in our college. while he claims pashtun origins but i think that jadoons are hindkos not pashtuns.

so, while we have higher number of riots and sageragation in our society, we also have highest number of inter Caste and faith marriages in India. 13% of all marriage here are inter caste and inter faith today.

you should know more about our pathans, as most of them are real ones. we have interesting history as well.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Samandri's Avatar
Samandri Samandri is offline
PF senior
Samandri is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,172
Thanks: 724
Thanked 845 Times in 610 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default 10-12-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aham Brahmasmi View Post
actually they have some type of Lineage paper where they have list of their Ancestors who have migrated here.

her family looks genuine as they also have Swords, Shields and kawach of their distant Ancestors. according to their family history their ancestors were warriors in Nawabs force and stationed in Bilkha town of Modernday junagadh distric. apparently they still have some land there.

i have noticed these recent trend of urbanization of Upper class Muslims of Gujarat. large number of Pashtun, Khalifa and sayyed muslims are actively marrying into Upper Caste Families of Gujarat.

one of my Friend is shia qureshi but his mother is a Christian. one girl from my distant Family married into Jafri Muslim family while my own 2 cousins (of single family/father) are married to two Pathan Girls of Ghilzai and Jardaan tribes. both of my "Bhabhis"are sisters who came to my City for college from their home in Junagadh, you should note that father of my cousins is Head of our Brahmin Tribe and a well known Doctor in our city.(vaidh Surname, literally means Doctor in gujarati)

I take their pathan claim seriously as most of these have light Skin and some what persdo iranic features. also according to wiki there are only 2,80,000 people claim pathan origins out of 5 Million Muslims of Gujarat.

one profession in my college is Akram Khan jadoon. he is the head of computer Department in our college. while he claims pashtun origins but i think that jadoons are hindkos not pashtuns.

so, while we have higher number of riots and sageragation in our society, we also have highest number of inter Caste and faith marriages in India. 13% of all marriage here are inter caste and inter faith today.

you should know more about our pathans, as most of them are real ones. we have interesting history as well.
For us it does not matter whether they are genuine descendants of Pashtuns or fake ones, or that they have some what lighter skin. They are Indians (with Pathan tag), they are not Pashtuns. They dont speak and do Pashto and have nothing to do with Pashtun nation of Af-Pak. I have met lot of these Hindustani Pathans from Karachi and they are hostile to Pashtuns like other categories of Urduspeakers/Mohajirs (and we also find them as unpleasant as other groups of Mohajirs). Every thing about them is Hindustani, so its hard to relate with them. The fact that these Hindustani Pathans in India are marrying Hindus, speaks volumes about their Indian-ness. As a history student, i am interested in history of their ancestors but not in them.

Their case is same like those Syeds who migrated from Arabia to India centuries ago and can no longer be called "Arabs".

Edit: Jadoons/Gadoons are Pashtuns, they are close kin of Babis, Ghurghushtis like them.

Last edited by Samandri; 10-12-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samandri For This Useful Post:
Charsi Malang (10-12-2017)
(#5)
Old
Charsi Malang Charsi Malang is online now
PF knowledgeable
Charsi Malang is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 465
Thanks: 97
Thanked 233 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2016
Default 10-12-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samandri View Post
For us it does not matter whether they are genuine descendants of Pashtuns or fake ones, or that they have some what lighter skin. They are Indians (with Pathan tag), they are not Pashtuns. They dont speak and do Pashto and have nothing to do with Pashtun nation of Af-Pak. I have met lot of these Hindustani Pathans from Karachi and they are hostile to Pashtuns like other categories of Urduspeakers/Mohajirs (and we also find them as unpleasant as other groups of Mohajirs). Every thing about them is Hindustani, so its hard to relate with them. The fact that these Hindustani Pathans in India are marrying Hindus, speaks volumes about their Indian-ness. As a history student, i am interested in history of their ancestors but not in them.

Their case is same like those Syeds who migrated from Arabia to India centuries ago and can no longer be called "Arabs".

Edit: Jadoons/Gadoons are Pashtuns, they are close kin of Babis, Ghurghushtis like them.
Woo kana wrora. Da de samma khabara ukrrala. Jaar qurban.
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
salman47 salman47 is online now
PF Frequent visitor
salman47 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 241
Thanks: 148
Thanked 71 Times in 62 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: May 2016
Default 10-12-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charsi malang View Post
woo kana wrora. Da de samma khabara ukrrala. Jaar qurban.
مړه اسې دځانه لګیا دې!!
دانه خو څوک خپل خاندان نه سپړی چه ځه څه یم!!
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Charsi Malang Charsi Malang is online now
PF knowledgeable
Charsi Malang is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 465
Thanks: 97
Thanked 233 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2016
Default 10-12-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman47 View Post
مړه اسې دځانه لګیا دې!!
دانه خو څوک خپل خاندان نه سپړی چه ځه څه یم!!
Gulla poy nashwam. Pakhto nasham parawalai.
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
salman47 salman47 is online now
PF Frequent visitor
salman47 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 241
Thanks: 148
Thanked 71 Times in 62 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: May 2016
Default 10-13-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charsi Malang View Post
Woo kana wrora. Da de samma khabara ukrrala. Jaar qurban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charsi Malang View Post
Gulla poy nashwam. Pakhto nasham parawalai.
'marra ase da zana lagya de!
Dana kho sok khpal khanadan bal cha ta na spari!!' [edited the original sentence aswell]
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Charsi Malang Charsi Malang is online now
PF knowledgeable
Charsi Malang is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 465
Thanks: 97
Thanked 233 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2016
Default 10-14-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman47 View Post
'marra ase da zana lagya de!
Dana kho sok khpal khanadan bal cha ta na spari!!' [edited the original sentence aswell]
Yara duniya da. Kissm kissm ta teezan khalaq shta pake.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Charsi Malang For This Useful Post:
salman47 (10-14-2017)
(#10)
Old
Charsi Malang Charsi Malang is online now
PF knowledgeable
Charsi Malang is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 465
Thanks: 97
Thanked 233 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2016
Default 10-14-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaushika View Post
He is having an affair with lowly Pathan despite being Brahman According to his Claim.
Are you talking about me Apu?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
khan, babi, claim, yusufzai, india

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghan MP3| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.