World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak > >
Reload this Page Afghans find some escape as 'family cinema' opens in Kabul
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31)
Old
Shapur's Avatar
Shapur Shapur is offline
Super Moderator
Shapur is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 963
Thanks: 112
Thanked 337 Times in 250 Posts
My Mood: Psychedelic
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default 03-24-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar View Post
i think you are deliberately avoiding to understand my point.
does this equate to progress? no
does this cater to general public? no
is it to promote cultural invasion ? yes
cinemas have always been there but at this time these things are totally irrelevant and used for wrong reasons.
Depends what you define as progress. For bollywood fans in Afghanistan it is progress because now they can enjoy what they like on big screen. They are also building a $270 million dollar football stadium in Kabul by a private firm. Is that progress? Perhaps for football fans. My point is as long as the money is not coming out of national treasury, I am fine with amy kind of investment which creates jobs as long as therd is a market for it. If it was coming out of national treasury then I would say we have more important things to build like hospitals etc.

Businesses are run on demand and supply basis. If there was no demand among general public then the business will fail by itself. So it does cater to a certain section if society.

I am not a big fan of rececnt trends in Bollywood which is all glam and no substance. Turkish, Iranian and other countries make movies which are much closer to Afghan cultural norms so perhaps that is an alternative.
Reply With Quote
(#32)
Old
logical logical is offline
BANNED
logical is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 150
Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Feb 2017
Default 03-24-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar View Post
personally i dont have an issue with cinemas in general but in the Afghan society it is seen as something negative.
this is not priority in Afghanistan and definately not progress.
sign of progress will be proper roads, good education system , good security, honest and transparent government, self sufficiant in energy, etc.
If its seen as something bad then no one will go there and they will close it down.
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
KingdomofHeaven KingdomofHeaven is offline
PF newbie
KingdomofHeaven is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default 03-27-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Afghans in this forum live in another planet? Looks like the ones in Afghanistan love to watch Indian movies and what they represent.
Bollywood movies are cheasy, cheap Hollywood inspired crap full of weird songs and dancing...

I Dont know any Afghan who waste time on that ****...

Last edited by KingdomofHeaven; 03-27-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KingdomofHeaven For This Useful Post:
Akbar (03-29-2017)
(#34)
Old
Akbar Akbar is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Akbar is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 173
Thanks: 58
Thanked 46 Times in 32 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default 03-29-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapur View Post
Depends what you define as progress. For bollywood fans in Afghanistan it is progress because now they can enjoy what they like on big screen. They are also building a $270 million dollar football stadium in Kabul by a private firm. Is that progress? Perhaps for football fans. My point is as long as the money is not coming out of national treasury, I am fine with amy kind of investment which creates jobs as long as therd is a market for it. If it was coming out of national treasury then I would say we have more important things to build like hospitals etc.

Businesses are run on demand and supply basis. If there was no demand among general public then the business will fail by itself. So it does cater to a certain section if society.

I am not a big fan of rececnt trends in Bollywood which is all glam and no substance. Turkish, Iranian and other countries make movies which are much closer to Afghan cultural norms so perhaps that is an alternative.
bollywood fans? lol
i dont know if anyone would label themselves as such even when they watch these movies regularly.
why should we be looking for movies ''close to afghan culture'' instead of creating pur own industry. this glorifying bollywood iranian or turkish movies ans series makes afghans look like a bunch of losers looking for someone to look up to.
you sound alot like Admin khan, are you him?
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
Kabulistan Kabulistan is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Kabulistan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 207
Thanks: 24
Thanked 58 Times in 43 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2016
Default 03-29-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar View Post
bollywood fans? lol
i dont know if anyone would label themselves as such even when they watch these movies regularly.
why should we be looking for movies ''close to afghan culture'' instead of creating pur own industry. this glorifying bollywood iranian or turkish movies ans series makes afghans look like a bunch of losers looking for someone to look up to.
you sound alot like Admin khan, are you him?
We should make our own Industry...definitely....

There are so many Great stories and tales that can be made based on Afghanistan's history...No One Else is gonna make movies about Afghanistan, so we should do IT ourself....I would like some Adventure films taking place in ancient Bactrians Kingdoms...Love stories, wars, epic tales, etc....so much potential.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kabulistan For This Useful Post:
Akbar (03-30-2017)
(#36)
Old
Akbar Akbar is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Akbar is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 173
Thanks: 58
Thanked 46 Times in 32 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default 03-30-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabulistan View Post
We should make our own Industry...definitely....

There are so many Great stories and tales that can be made based on Afghanistan's history...No One Else is gonna make movies about Afghanistan, so we should do IT ourself....I would like some Adventure films taking place in ancient Bactrians Kingdoms...Love stories, wars, epic tales, etc....so much potential.
yes
the indias are making movies about afghan heroes ,putting them in bad light.
one such movie is coming which is based on the battles between Ahmad Shah Abdali vs marathas.
Reply With Quote
(#37)
Old
Shapur's Avatar
Shapur Shapur is offline
Super Moderator
Shapur is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 963
Thanks: 112
Thanked 337 Times in 250 Posts
My Mood: Psychedelic
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default 03-31-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar View Post
bollywood fans? lol
i dont know if anyone would label themselves as such even when they watch these movies regularly.
why should we be looking for movies ''close to afghan culture'' instead of creating pur own industry. this glorifying bollywood iranian or turkish movies ans series makes afghans look like a bunch of losers looking for someone to look up to.
you sound alot like Admin khan, are you him?
We watch those movies because we produce nothing ourselves and the stuff that comes out of Lahore dubbed as Pashto Movies is a disgrace to us all.

The truth is we Pashtuns will not allow our females and even males to become actors/actresses. As Ghani Khan said "The Pukhtun loves music but despises the musician". How can we produce quality movies when we can't even decide whether our females can play any role in life outside their homes. Will you allow your females members of your household to pursue acting? If not is it because the movies made are not true represenation of Pashtun culture?

Iran has found a way where females are fully functioning members of society working in all walks of life, there are female bus drivers, policewomen, sporstwomen, actresses, doctors, lecturers etc while staying within the norms of their society. Pashtuns still view these things as too liberal and outside their comfort zone. Pashtuns haven't yet reached that phase.
Reply With Quote
(#38)
Old
Damir9000's Avatar
Damir9000 Damir9000 is offline
PF knowledgeable
Damir9000 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 844
Thanks: 149
Thanked 96 Times in 86 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default 04-28-2017, 04:39 AM

I have been watching movies all my life.
I did not turn bad.

Cinemas will make living in Afghanistan less boring.

I just hope nobody blows it up.





"False beliefs influence our actions and degrade our character."

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cinema, afghan, afghanistan, time, kabul

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghan MP3| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.