World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak > >
Reload this Page Marriage to non-Pashtuns
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1201)
Old
A Khan A Khan is offline
PF newbie
A Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 16
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default 08-25-2012, 05:56 PM

Coming back to the original question on the thread....would I marry a non-Pashtun? I think so.

For men it seems like kind of a no-brainer if they like a non-Pashtun girl, provided they can ensure they teach their children about Pashtunwali.

Because I am a woman and the Pashtun identity only passes along patriarchal lineage, I wouldn't bother mostly because I am from a non-Pashtun country [and got plenty of male cousins to carry the identity forth]. But I will teach my prospective children about the Pashtun diaspora, culture and Pashtunwali, something that I am actually reading up a lot about myself lately.

I think that is most important to me - the teachings and way of life. Everything else seems comparatively superficial.
Reply With Quote
(#1202)
Old
Pisho Pisho is offline
PF contributor
Pisho is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,681
Thanks: 710
Thanked 398 Times in 330 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IN FRONT OF MY IPHONE!!
Default 08-26-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Khan View Post
Coming back to the original question on the thread....would I marry a non-Pashtun? I think so.

For men it seems like kind of a no-brainer if they like a non-Pashtun girl, provided they can ensure they teach their children about Pashtunwali.

Because I am a woman and the Pashtun identity only passes along patriarchal lineage, I wouldn't bother mostly because I am from a non-Pashtun country [and got plenty of male cousins to carry the identity forth]. But I will teach my prospective children about the Pashtun diaspora, culture and Pashtunwali, something that I am actually reading up a lot about myself lately.

I think that is most important to me - the teachings and way of life. Everything else seems comparatively superficial.
So what will you base it out of? Why does mr right has to have for you to marry him? If he is not Pashtun, then will you be basing it by Religion or it doesn't matter if he is Muslim or not? Or Just as long as he loves u thats ok?
Reply With Quote
(#1203)
Old
A Khan A Khan is offline
PF newbie
A Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 16
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default 08-26-2012, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisho View Post
So what will you base it out of? Why does mr right has to have for you to marry him? If he is not Pashtun, then will you be basing it by Religion or it doesn't matter if he is Muslim or not? Or Just as long as he loves u thats ok?

Religion and personal belief will get the highest priority. Some people are born into families that are very traditional or devout, but don't personally beleive in them or follow them [very common amongst guys I know anyway] so someone who is well-read and understands, respects and follows traditions and has sound personal ethics seems to me a better partner.

I am not saying I will refuse to marry a Pashtun. What I am saying is that _because_ there are not a lot of Pashtun families where I live and work, and since my family and I don't meet a lot of them, I am open to marrying outside of the community. If I had to choose between a Pashtun who regards tradition yet is not close minded to other people and a non-pashtun who does the same, obviously the former will get priority.
Reply With Quote
(#1204)
Old
Pisho Pisho is offline
PF contributor
Pisho is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,681
Thanks: 710
Thanked 398 Times in 330 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IN FRONT OF MY IPHONE!!
Default 08-26-2012, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Khan View Post
Religion and personal belief will get the highest priority. Some people are born into families that are very traditional or devout, but don't personally beleive in them or follow them [very common amongst guys I know anyway] so someone who is well-read and understands, respects and follows traditions and has sound personal ethics seems to me a better partner.

I am not saying I will refuse to marry a Pashtun. What I am saying is that _because_ there are not a lot of Pashtun families where I live and work, and since my family and I don't meet a lot of them, I am open to marrying outside of the community. If I had to choose between a Pashtun who regards tradition yet is not close minded to other people and a non-pashtun who does the same, obviously the former will get priority.

Interesting.. I personally could notmarry some1 who was not a Pashtun becuz i think language barrier will be too difficult to handle.. Even more than culture.. but I see what ur saying.. Well good luck lol
Reply With Quote
(#1205)
Old
asad71's Avatar
asad71 asad71 is offline
PF knowledgeable
asad71 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 816
Thanks: 230
Thanked 157 Times in 130 Posts
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default 08-28-2012, 07:08 AM

1.Pashtun girls are pretty. They are fiercely loyal. Would make good wives. Most Pashtun men are kind and gentlemen. However, some are quite crude.

2. Marriage among Muslims is normal. There is no bar here like obtaining in Hinduism. Some Muslim families do prefer marriages within the clan/tribe/family. But this has been proved to be bad for the offspring.
Reply With Quote
(#1206)
Old
Pisho Pisho is offline
PF contributor
Pisho is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,681
Thanks: 710
Thanked 398 Times in 330 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IN FRONT OF MY IPHONE!!
Default 08-28-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asad71 View Post
Some Muslim families do prefer marriages within the clan/tribe/family. But this has been proved to be bad for the offspring.
can you elaborate more on this? Please
Reply With Quote
(#1207)
Old
Tjanaparh Tjanaparh is offline
PF senior
Tjanaparh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,218
Thanks: 1,572
Thanked 945 Times in 693 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default 08-28-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asad71 View Post
There is no bar here like obtaining in Hinduism.
Can you pleasy explain what You mean, I didn't understand You!


Ա՜խ, ընկել եմ քար ու քարափ,
Իմ սրբություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ,

Ես ծովակ եմ առանց կարապ,
Իմ էություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:

Ես անտառ եմ առանց եղնիկ
Իմ վեհություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:
Reply With Quote
(#1208)
Old
Tjanaparh Tjanaparh is offline
PF senior
Tjanaparh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,218
Thanks: 1,572
Thanked 945 Times in 693 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default 08-28-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisho View Post
can you elaborate more on this? Please
I suppose he meant that in some Muslim communities it is quiet common tht relatively close relatives intermarry, while it is mostly seen as bad for the health of the children if practised for longer periods.


Ա՜խ, ընկել եմ քար ու քարափ,
Իմ սրբություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ,

Ես ծովակ եմ առանց կարապ,
Իմ էություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:

Ես անտառ եմ առանց եղնիկ
Իմ վեհություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:
Reply With Quote
(#1209)
Old
asad71's Avatar
asad71 asad71 is offline
PF knowledgeable
asad71 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 816
Thanks: 230
Thanked 157 Times in 130 Posts
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default 08-28-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arevapasht View Post
I suppose he meant that in some Muslim communities it is quiet common tht relatively close relatives intermarry, while it is mostly seen as bad for the health of the children if practised for longer periods.
1. You are right on this one.

2. Regarding Hindus, they have very strict cast division where inter-marriage is forbidden. The cast system is so powerful that the lower cast may not even touch the higher cast, use his well for fetching water, live under the same roof or eat from the same utensil. In fact the cook house has to be different. In spite of all efforts by social reformers there has been little change really.
Reply With Quote
(#1210)
Old
Tjanaparh Tjanaparh is offline
PF senior
Tjanaparh is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 2,218
Thanks: 1,572
Thanked 945 Times in 693 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asad71 View Post
1. You are right on this one.

2. Regarding Hindus, they have very strict cast division where inter-marriage is forbidden. The cast system is so powerful that the lower cast may not even touch the higher cast, use his well for fetching water, live under the same roof or eat from the same utensil. In fact the cook house has to be different. In spite of all efforts by social reformers there has been little change really.
Excuse me for sure, but as I know this cast view is not really rooted in Hinduism, because You can see that in ancient times there were a lot of children from parents of different casts. And same as I know firstly you were part of a cast according to your deeds and not Your birth. What happened is that people have distanced theirselves from the roots, but that happen not only to Hindus, that happens everywhere. I know many people who are Muslims that have no idea on Islam evident even for me, who has such a small knowledge on Islam, but ome people see being Muslim simply as something to birth related and did never even interest on Islam, I know such people. After but You see stupid people come nd say "Look - these are the Muslims, they are that and that...", even not thinking that those they consider as Muslims are so far away of Islam.


Ա՜խ, ընկել եմ քար ու քարափ,
Իմ սրբություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ,

Ես ծովակ եմ առանց կարապ,
Իմ էություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:

Ես անտառ եմ առանց եղնիկ
Իմ վեհություն, ե՛տ արի, ե՛տ:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
khan baba retard, marriage, nonpashtuns

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghan MP3| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.31 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.