"Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak (http://www.pashtunforums.com/)
-   Pashto Language - پښتو ژبه (http://www.pashtunforums.com/forum10/)
-   -   Paschto/Pukhto Slang. (http://www.pashtunforums.com/pashto-language-/52086-paschto-pukhto-slang.html)

Nekrofrost 09-30-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farahshah (Post 813795)
Let me give few words that i think are slang words. Not used by many of Pashtuns. There's this word we use 'paddu' for owl. So it's mostly used for stupid people as well. Don't confuse it with 'payndu' of Urdu.
And this word 'kattasaray' for a person who laughs often and for no good reason.

Interesting. We use kattasaray for a person who has a katta sar so basically bald people

Charsi Malang 09-30-2017 02:33 PM

Lol anyone heard of the phrase "kaka sher"?

Farahshah 10-01-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charsi Malang (Post 813834)
Lol anyone heard of the phrase "kaka sher"?

Nope. I haven't. But let me guess. Is it used for someone who's a showoff? A "mashrot"? Am i right?
I know 'sheri' in Pashto. We use it for 'showing off'. Like, deyra shera shera ma keyzha (fem) Which simply means 'don't show off'.

Farahshah 10-01-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekrofrost (Post 813822)
Tashparay is basically the pashto version of "half assed"

As in lazy and careless?? Is it safe to use in daily conversations?:tongue:

salman47 10-01-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekrofrost (Post 813822)
Tashparay is basically the pashto version of "half assed"

shouldn't it mean 'Empty Paper'(tash and Panay)?
also another one, 'Khushe'/'Khushake' used for <no english equivalent>[sorry can't say it in English].

salman47 10-01-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farahshah (Post 813795)
Let me give few words that i think are slang words. Not used by many of Pashtuns. There's this word we use 'paddu' for owl. So it's mostly used for stupid people as well. Don't confuse it with 'payndu' of Urdu.
And this word 'kattasaray' for a person who laughs often and for no good reason.

interesting!!
and we use 'kattasaray' for bald people.
you heard of 'Gugu/Gugushtu'? it means a stupid/sada/shoda/lawda person!

Nekrofrost 10-02-2017 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farahshah (Post 813880)
As in lazy and careless?? Is it safe to use in daily conversations?:tongue:

Yeah can be used for that and it aint all that offensive. Another word for lazy we use is sasta balaa(yes the monster balaa).

Nekrofrost 10-02-2017 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farahshah (Post 813880)
As in lazy and careless?? Is it safe to use in daily conversations?:tongue:

Literal meaning yeah your right but its slang meaning is like i said half assed.

Farahshah 10-02-2017 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salman47 (Post 813892)
interesting!!
and we use 'kattasaray' for bald people.
you heard of 'Gugu/Gugushtu'? it means a stupid/sada/shoda/lawda person!

No i haven't. Don't you think they are somehow related to goog/gug meaning 'hollow'? It seems to me that it comes from gug.

salman47 10-02-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farahshah (Post 813906)
No i haven't. Don't you think they are somehow related to goog/gug meaning 'hollow'? It seems to me that it comes from gug.

It is a type of bird I think!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.