World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak > >
Reload this Page How would you say this in your dialect?
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41)
Old
Farahshah Farahshah is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Farahshah is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 54
Thanks: 22
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2015
Default 09-15-2017, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughpashtun View Post
Which place does your 'significant accent' hail from?
Where are you from then?
You were close when you said Quetta. This particular accent/dialect belongs to a village of Pshin district. But I was raised in Quetta that's what i was talking about when i said it's a mixture of different dialects.
I've never tried to change my accent in order to avoid 'village idiot' tag like others do. I'm quite proud of it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Farahshah For This Useful Post:
toughpashtun (09-15-2017)
(#42)
Old
Farahshah Farahshah is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Farahshah is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 54
Thanks: 22
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2015
Default 09-15-2017, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughpashtun View Post
Strange. I always thought they said Tsanga or Sanga.
No they do use tsinga but not singa. They prounounce the څ as 'ts' not as s or ch. In southern Pashtun areas other than kasi people nobody else uses the S sound for it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Farahshah For This Useful Post:
toughpashtun (09-15-2017)
(#43)
Old
toughpashtun toughpashtun is offline
PF knowledgeable
toughpashtun is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 602
Thanks: 172
Thanked 143 Times in 107 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default 09-15-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farahshah View Post
You were close when you said Quetta. This particular accent/dialect belongs to a village of Pshin district. But I was raised in Quetta that's what i was talking about when i said it's a mixture of different dialects.
I've never tried to change my accent in order to avoid 'village idiot' tag like others do. I'm quite proud of it.
I used to think that the Southern Pashto(all areas of Balochistan and Kandahar) used to sound all the same. Now I can somewhat tell if a person is from Kandahar or Qila Abdullah(basically a Durrani) .
However I cannot differentiate between Quetta,Pishin,Zhob and other districts of Balochistan.

Pishin's inhabitants are mostly Tareens and Kakars , right?

Last edited by toughpashtun; 09-15-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#44)
Old
Farahshah Farahshah is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Farahshah is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 54
Thanks: 22
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2015
Default 09-15-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughpashtun View Post
I used to think that the Southern Pashto(all areas of Balochistan and Kandahar) used to sound all the same. Now I can somewhat tell if a person is from Kandahar or Qila Abdullah(basically a Durrani) .
However I cannot differentiate between Quetta,Pishin,Zhob and other districts of Balochistan.

Pishin's inhabitants are mostly Tareens and Kakars , right?
Ofcourse you can't. You are not native to the area. Atleast you know more than i do about different dialects. I don't know much about nothern dialects except that they use kh instead of sch an g instead of zh.
Yes, the majority of the Pshin population belong to kakar and tareen tribe but there are some atsekzai, syed and ghizian people as well, that are native to the district.
Reply With Quote
(#45)
Old
Shapur's Avatar
Shapur Shapur is offline
Super Moderator
Shapur is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 963
Thanks: 112
Thanked 335 Times in 250 Posts
My Mood: Psychedelic
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default 09-21-2017, 06:35 PM

1) Zma num Shapur da
2) Tsanga ye?
3) Za 100 kalan yam
4) Za پښتون yam, kho pe kharij ki zhwand kawum/osigam (we pronounce ښ the way it is written, not like خ (kh) which northern dialects use, neither like ش (sh) which Southern dialects use.
5) Yes: Wo
6) Za pe bam walar wom aw de mashomano cricket loba me lidala.
7) ta da saba shpe doday ta zma kara rasha.
8) Ma dase be daba khalag kala na vu lidali.
9) za nan saba yaw der zre porey kitab lwalam.
10) ma pa پیښور ke pinza wraze tere kre.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shapur For This Useful Post:
toughpashtun (09-25-2017)
(#46)
Old
toughpashtun toughpashtun is offline
PF knowledgeable
toughpashtun is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 602
Thanks: 172
Thanked 143 Times in 107 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default 09-25-2017, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapur View Post
1) Zma num Shapur da
2) Tsanga ye?
3) Za 100 kalan yam
4) Za پښتون yam, kho pe kharij ki zhwand kawum/osigam (we pronounce ښ the way it is written, not like خ (kh) which northern dialects use, neither like ش (sh) which Southern dialects use.
5) Yes: Wo
6) Za pe bam walar wom aw de mashomano cricket loba me lidala.
7) ta da saba shpe doday ta zma kara rasha.
8) Ma dase be daba khalag kala na vu lidali.
9) za nan saba yaw der zre porey kitab lwalam.
10) ma pa پیښور ke pinza wraze tere kre.
You're from Kabul , I think right?
Reply With Quote
(#47)
Old
sokaniwaal's Avatar
sokaniwaal sokaniwaal is offline
PF Frequent visitor
sokaniwaal is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 211
Thanks: 23
Thanked 120 Times in 63 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chamkani
Default 09-25-2017, 06:02 PM

1) zama nom (name) de.
2) Singa ye?
3) Za da * Kalo Yem.
4) Za pukhton yem khu bahar osegam.
5) Aw / Na
6) Ma da chat na mashomano cricket loba katala.
7) Ta saba da makham/shpe rotai la zmong khwa ta rasha.
8) Ma dase qabarjand/bran khalk na wo ledaly.
9) Za nan saba yo der khkuly ketab lolam.
10) Ma Pekhawar ke penza (5) wraze tere kre we.

For more daily life sentences i prefer Pashto Daily Life Sentences with English Translation
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sokaniwaal For This Useful Post:
salman47 (09-27-2017), toughpashtun (09-26-2017)
(#48)
Old
Shapur's Avatar
Shapur Shapur is offline
Super Moderator
Shapur is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 963
Thanks: 112
Thanked 335 Times in 250 Posts
My Mood: Psychedelic
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default 09-25-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughpashtun View Post
You're from Kabul , I think right?
Yes. We have lived in Kabul for 60 years but our main villages are in northern Afghanistan. We are Ghilzai pashtuns originally from Ghazni region.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shapur For This Useful Post:
toughpashtun (09-26-2017)
(#49)
Old
Traveller's Avatar
Traveller Traveller is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Traveller is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 394
Thanks: 242
Thanked 171 Times in 125 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Default 09-25-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokaniwaal View Post
1) zama nom (name) de.
2) Singa ye?
3) Za da * Kalo Yem.
4) Za pukhton yem khu bahar osegam.
5) Aw / Na
6) Ma da chat na mashomano cricket loba katala.
7) Ta saba da makham/shpe rotai la zmong khwa ta rasha.
8) Ma dase qabarjand/bran khalk na wo ledaly.
9) Za nan saba yo der khkuly ketab lolam.
10) Ma Pekhawar ke penza (5) wraze tere kre we.

For more daily life sentences i prefer Pashto Daily Life Sentences with English Translation
No way. Moxet is back.
I just want to tell you thank you for creating thepashto.com. Inshaallah you will one day be remembered as one of the giants of our qaum.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaushika View Post

majority of Hilly Rajputs are the product of these cross breeding and want to disassociate with their past. rajputs with rajwadi surnames consider themeselves superior but those native kings who look darker gets mocked as "gola" (mix breed, son of rakhile) so they actually invite light skinned rajputs and kshatriya tribes from Jammu region such as jamwals to sleep with their women so that their wives can give birth to pure white looking Native Child.

Last edited by Traveller; 09-25-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#50)
Old
sokaniwaal's Avatar
sokaniwaal sokaniwaal is offline
PF Frequent visitor
sokaniwaal is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 211
Thanks: 23
Thanked 120 Times in 63 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chamkani
Default 09-26-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
No way. Moxet is back.
I just want to tell you thank you for creating thepashto.com. Inshaallah you will one day be remembered as one of the giants of our qaum.
Manana kawom ror, working on thePashto 2.0. Inshallah launching before December with new features
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
people, dialect, house, dinner, tomorrow

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghan MP3| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.