World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak > >
Reload this Page How would you say this in your dialect?
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31)
Old
Nekrofrost's Avatar
Nekrofrost Nekrofrost is offline
PF Frequent visitor
Nekrofrost is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 187
Thanks: 376
Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Aug 2016
Default 09-04-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughpashtun View Post
Your village dialect as you have used over here , is also very similar to the Peshawar dialect.
Yeah it is but its this very weird mix between the soft and peshawar dialect so we say muzh and sha. The weird thing with nizampur is that while my village is like the peshawar dialect half a kilometre away the dialect starts sounding like the darrawal afridi dialect but with shas. Really weord and facsinating.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nekrofrost For This Useful Post:
toughpashtun (09-05-2017)
(#32)
Old
Farahshah Farahshah is offline
PF newbie
Farahshah is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 21
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2015
Default 09-13-2017, 11:53 AM

Zma num _______dei. (dei is pronounced as 'ei' in their)

Ta da tso kalu ye? (Informal)
Tasi da tso kalu yast? (formal)

Za Paschtanna yema. (Sch as 'Ш' of Russian. It's often confused with 'sh') kho dabaandi oseyzhama. (the zh here is ږ of Paschto and is pronounced more like the zh of Russian n polish. Often confused with ژ of Pashto)

Za pa chatt walarhawam ao kishnianu da cricket wa lobi ta me katal.

Saba muzh (again the ږ not ژ)kara makhstan dodei la raasa. (Plural would be raasei)

Ma gai/gassa um daghasi/daranga/dai badmakhi khalag na de lidali.

Nun saba za yaw der pa zrha puri kitab wayema.

Ma pa Peschawar ki pentza wuratzi teyri kay/ pa Peschawar ki me pentza wuratzi teyri kay. (the latter is often used in our dialect)

Give some more. I really enjoyed translating them.

Last edited by Farahshah; 09-13-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
Traveller's Avatar
Traveller Traveller is online now
PF Frequent visitor
Traveller is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 339
Thanks: 209
Thanked 152 Times in 111 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Default 09-13-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farahshah View Post
zma num _______dei. (dei is pronounced as 'ei' in their)

ta da tso kalu ye? (informal)
tasi da tso kalu yast? (formal)

za paschtanna yema. (sch as 'Ш' of russian. It's often confused with 'sh') kho dabaandi oseyzhama. (the zh here is ږ of paschto and is pronounced more like the zh of russian n polish. Often confused with ژ of pashto)

za pa chatt walarhawam ao kishnianu da cricket wa lobi ta me katal.

Saba muzh (again the ږ not ژ)kara makhstan dodei la raasa. (plural would be raasei)

ma gai/gassa um daghasi/daranga/dai badmakhi khalag na de lidali.

Nun saba za yaw der pa zrha puri kitab wayema.

Ma pa peschawar ki pentza wuratzi teyri kay/ pa peschawar ki me pentza wuratzi teyri kay. (the latter is often used in our dialect)

give some more. I really enjoyed translating them.
کندهار؟


Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
My source is wikipedia.
Reply With Quote
(#34)
Old
toughpashtun toughpashtun is offline
PF knowledgeable
toughpashtun is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 550
Thanks: 145
Thanked 125 Times in 93 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default 09-13-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farahshah View Post
Zma num _______dei. (dei is pronounced as 'ei' in their)

Ta da tso kalu ye? (Informal)
Tasi da tso kalu yast? (formal)

Za Paschtanna yema. (Sch as 'Ш' of Russian. It's often confused with 'sh') kho dabaandi oseyzhama. (the zh here is ږ of Paschto and is pronounced more like the zh of Russian n polish. Often confused with ژ of Pashto)

Za pa chatt walarhawam ao kishnianu da cricket wa lobi ta me katal.

Saba muzh (again the ږ not ژ)kara makhstan dodei la raasa. (Plural would be raasei)

Ma gai/gassa um daghasi/daranga/dai badmakhi khalag na de lidali.

Nun saba za yaw der pa zrha puri kitab wayema.

Ma pa Peschawar ki pentza wuratzi teyri kay/ pa Peschawar ki me pentza wuratzi teyri kay. (the latter is often used in our dialect)

Give some more. I really enjoyed translating them.
You're either from Kandahar or Quetta region.I'd say more likely Kandahar.Am I right?
I'll give you other phrases too , now that I know you like translating them haha.
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is offline
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,638
Thanks: 604
Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,325 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 09-13-2017, 09:30 PM

1) Zma num Admin Khan di.
2) Ta singa ya?
3) Za da <AGE> kalo yam.
4) Za Pashtun yam, khu pa kharij ke osaizham.
5) Wo / Ya
6) Za da baam par sar walar wam, oh kushneyano ta me katala, hogho cricket kawi.
7) Saba rasa zma kara da dodai dapara.
8) Ma pazhwand dasi baiadaba khalag nawa ledalai.
9) Nan-Saba der khwandawar kitab wayaama.
10) Ma pinza wrazi pa Peshawar ki tair kra.


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
(#36)
Old
toughpashtun toughpashtun is offline
PF knowledgeable
toughpashtun is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 550
Thanks: 145
Thanked 125 Times in 93 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default 09-13-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
1) Zma num Admin Khan di.
2) Ta singa ya?
3) Za da <AGE> kalo yam.
4) Za Pashtun yam, khu pa kharij ke osaizham.
5) Wo / Ya
6) Za da baam par sar walar wam, oh kushneyano ta me katala, hogho cricket kawi.
7) Saba rasa zma kara da dodai dapara.
8) Ma pazhwand dasi baiadaba khalag nawa ledalai.
9) Nan-Saba der khwandawar kitab wayaama.
10) Ma pinza wrazi pa Peshawar ki tair kra.
Apart from the 'singa' in the first phrase , it looks you are a Kandahari.
In Kandahar they say 'tsanga'
Reply With Quote
(#37)
Old
Farahshah Farahshah is offline
PF newbie
Farahshah is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 21
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Nov 2015
Default 09-14-2017, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughpashtun View Post
You're either from Kandahar or Quetta region.I'd say more likely Kandahar.Am I right?
I'll give you other phrases too , now that I know you like translating them haha.


Yes, it's kandhari dialect. All of the southern dialects are classified as kandhari. Mind you, the term kandhari here doesn't refer to the particular kandhari accent. So it doesn't specifically mean that the person with kandhari dialect belongs to kandhar.
Mine actually is a blend of all the kandhari dialects likeTarinanu, Kakarh and Atsakzai along with our own significant accent. Some of a's are pronounced as 'a (like the ya'a) by my people.
A lot of people of my region ask me if i'm kandhari because i use some specific kandhari words in my speech. I don't know what words they talk about. But i always tell them that my maternal grandmother was from kandhar. My family must have 'inherited' those words from her.
Reply With Quote
(#38)
Old
toughpashtun toughpashtun is offline
PF knowledgeable
toughpashtun is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 550
Thanks: 145
Thanked 125 Times in 93 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default 09-14-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farahshah View Post
Yes, it's kandhari dialect. All of the southern dialects are classified as kandhari. Mind you, the term kandhari here doesn't refer to the particular kandhari accent. So it doesn't specifically mean that the person with kandhari dialect belongs to kandhar.
Mine actually is a blend of all the kandhari dialects likeTarinanu, Kakarh and Atsakzai along with our own significant accent. Some of a's are pronounced as 'a (like the ya'a) by my people.
A lot of people of my region ask me if i'm kandhari because i use some specific kandhari words in my speech. I don't know what words they talk about. But i always tell them that my maternal grandmother was from kandhar. My family must have 'inherited' those words from her.
Which place does your 'significant accent' hail from?
Where are you from then?
Reply With Quote
(#39)
Old
Admin Khan's Avatar
Admin Khan Admin Khan is offline
Administrator
Admin Khan is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 8,638
Thanks: 604
Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,325 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: C:\
Default 09-14-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughpashtun View Post
Apart from the 'singa' in the first phrase , it looks you are a Kandahari.
In Kandahar they say 'tsanga'
I don't think I've ever seen a Kandahari say Tsanga. It sounds more like Singa.


Even Adobe Photoshop can't change me.

A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai

For generations, the Hindus of India prayed for deliverance from "the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan."

The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!

-Ferishta, 1560–1620
Reply With Quote
(#40)
Old
toughpashtun toughpashtun is offline
PF knowledgeable
toughpashtun is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 550
Thanks: 145
Thanked 125 Times in 93 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default 09-14-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Khan View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a Kandahari say Tsanga. It sounds more like Singa.
Strange. I always thought they said Tsanga or Sanga.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
people, dialect, house, dinner, tomorrow

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghan MP3| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.