10-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Pashtoon - Pashto-English Dictionary (2009.pdf
Pashto-English Dictionary, First Edition $150.00
Author: Zeeya A. Pashtoon
Year Published: 2009
Detail: 853 pages
This Pashto-English Dictionary, First Edition is intended for professional Pashto-to-English translators of modern Pashto written materials. It contains approximately 55,000 entries arranged alphabetically according to the Pashto alphabet.
The main sources for this dictionary are:
• Afgansko-russkii slovar (Pashto-Russian Dictionary, M. G. Aslanov, Martiros, N. A. Dvoriankov, Moscow, 1966, 994 pages)
• Pashto-English Dictionary (M.H. Rahimi, Academy of Science of Afghanistan, Kabul, 1979, 591 pages)
• Pashto-Pashto Descriptive Dictionary (Institute of Languages and Literature, Academy of Science of Afghanistan, Kabul, 2005, Vol. 1-4);
• Daryab Dictionary (Qalandar Momand, Peshawar, 1994, 1,325 pages)
• Qamosona Pashto Dictionaries (http://www.achakzai.de/j/)
To unlock the editing, copying and printing of this dictionary, all you have to do is install this software: PDF Password Remover (you can find it on any torrent tracker).
Once you've installed it, run it, drag the dictionary in it and it'll create a new, unlocked file for you within seconds.
A line[Durrand line] of hatred that raised a wall between the two brothers -Hamid Karzai
The men of Kábul and Khilj also went home; and whenever they were questioned about the Musulmáns of the Kohistán (the mountains), and how matters stood there, they said, "Don't call it Kohistán, but Afghánistán; for there is nothing there but Afgháns and disturbances." Thus it is clear that for this reason the people of the country call their home in their own language Afghánistán, and themselves Afgháns. The people of India call them Patán; but the reason for this is not known. But it occurs to me, that when, under the rule of Muhammadan sovereigns, Musulmáns first came to the city of Patná, and dwelt there, the people of India (for that reason) called them Patáns—but God knows!
|The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Admin Khan For This Useful Post:|
یاسمینه (10-11-2011), Darweshkhel (10-12-2011), emkhan (10-15-2011), Gulalai (02-29-2012), Khangul (09-18-2012), Levanaye Zalmaye (10-14-2011), musska (07-31-2012), Peaceseeker (08-20-2012), shamla12 (01-20-2013), sokaniwaal (10-29-2012), torkham (10-25-2012), tor_khan (10-11-2011), wajidalinashad (12-04-2012)