World's Largest Online Pashtun Community

Go Back   "Pull out your swords and slay anyone that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans!" -Khushal Khattak > > >
Reload this Page Atheists Vs Muslims
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#101)
Old
ozymandias's Avatar
ozymandias ozymandias is offline
PF contributor
ozymandias is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,465
Thanks: 85
Thanked 88 Times in 83 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default 12-28-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afghanistan2010 View Post
So you claim that a cell formed it self just,because it wanted to create itself...selfcreation lol
Nope. Spontaneous generation was discounted as a valid scientific theory long ago.

Quote:

My son,your birth and my birth isn't this supernatural enough ?
It has to first have a supernatural component to be 'supernatural enough'. There is nothing supernatural about birth.

Quote:

Are the signs not clear enough,the atmosphere ( there is no planet in our universe that has a similar one) the magnatific fields which protects our ozones,the perfect standards aren't these enough signs ?
Of course not. Why would they be? They are all products of natural laws.

Quote:

the change of day and night which is only such observable on earth and not at any other planet like on our earth,
Um.... Each and every planet in our solar system experiences day/night cycles.

Quote:


the destructions of one creation ( Dinosaurs) and the creation of another one ( human and animals and everything else you don't see but are there),
Once again, fully explained with natural laws -- no need for magic.

Quote:

the coming of metals and other needed things from universe ,did they come just for nothing ? or were they directed by some one `?
Once again, fully explained with natural laws -- no need for magic.

Quote:

how can you claim to be knowledgeable or a thinker when you have blocked your brain with philosophies,
I have not 'blocked my brain' -- I am, as are all scientists, open to any new theory that fits the known evidence.

Quote:

why you follow a dogma and refuse other opinions ?
dog·ma/ˈdōgmə/

Noun:A principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true: "the Christian dogma of the Trinity".
According to the definition of 'dogma', I follow no dogma. I accept nothing as incontrovertibly true. That's what science *is* -- the willingness to accept the explanation that fits all known evidence. I only refuse other opinions that are not based on facts, evidence, or reality. Any new theory has to explain all the evidence better than the current theories. Religion does not do that -- in fact, it requires belief in a dogma that goes contrary to the evidence.


-------------------------------------------------

"There was so much to grok, so little to grok from. "

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

أنا آسف ، أنا لا أقرأ أو لا يتكلم اللغة العربية. وسوف تبذل جهدا لترجمة مع ترجمة جوجل. يرجى أن يكون فهم من هذا الحاجز.
(I'm sorry, I do not read or speak Arabic. I will make an effort to translate with Google translate. Please be understanding of this barrier.)
Reply With Quote
(#102)
Old
graveyardofempires
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 12-28-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozymandias View Post
Isn't lying considered sin? I have corrected you on this repeatedly.
how am i lying?
you are out to prove to us and have us agreed with your belief.

btw do you believe in something called sin?


Funny you accuse me of being dishonest, after you just lied about why I am here.
so tell us why you are here.
because you said you were here to know about pashtuns and islam.
than you act as if you are on a crusade to prove to us Pashtuns that atheism is the truth.


More lies. I would consider it simple ignorance, from most people, but you and I have had enough discussions for you to realize how untrue that statement was.
so you are telling me the notion of truth is relative in your belief system?
Reply With Quote
(#103)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,335
Thanked 1,766 Times in 1,448 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 12-28-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozymandias View Post
The big bang would not have been supernatural

Anything supernatural. and observable, really.
isn't the big bang/expansion still occouring?
if something from nothing is not supernatural, then what is?
what would you consider to be 'supernatural'?

Last edited by faye; 12-28-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to faye For This Useful Post:
Afghanistan2010 (12-29-2011)
(#104)
Old
Soldat_Amir's Avatar
Soldat_Amir Soldat_Amir is offline
PF contributor
Soldat_Amir is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,548
Thanks: 479
Thanked 545 Times in 364 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default 12-28-2011, 05:20 PM

Life is too short for fighting

watch the video below and relax

Reply With Quote
(#105)
Old
ozymandias's Avatar
ozymandias ozymandias is offline
PF contributor
ozymandias is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,465
Thanks: 85
Thanked 88 Times in 83 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default 12-28-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardofempires View Post
Originally Posted by ozymandias

how am i lying?
you are out to prove to us and have us agreed with your belief.


And I have corrected this claim from you repeatedly. You know full well why I am here, and insist on spreading false information. That is lying.

Quote:

btw do you believe in something called sin?
I do not -- but I understand that sinning is against the religion that you claim to follow. How do you reconcile deliberately spreading false information with your religion?

Quote:

so tell us why you are here.



I have, repeatedly. It would surprise me if you had not seen my answer already.

Quote:
because you said you were here to know about pashtuns and islam.
Ah. You have seen it, and were just lying about it.

Quote:

than you act as if you are on a crusade to prove to us Pashtuns that atheism is the truth.
Evidence, please? Just because I don't except your religion as true with no evidence does not mean I am on a crusade to prove atheism is the truth.

Quote:
Quote:

so you are telling me the notion of truth is relative in your belief system?
No, I am not. I am telling you that contrary to your claim "i mean how can atheists tell the truth when in their belief system truth is irrelevant and there is no such thing as being truthful", truth, in the atheist 'belief system' not only exists, but is very important -- and it is downright silly to claim there is no such thing as being truthful.

Truth, and finding the truth, about reality is why many atheists are atheists. There are many things that are true, and can be shown as such. Gravity exists. Water exists. These are true things.

How can you be so confused as to what atheists believe? I honestly don't think you are confused, but are rather making deliberate false claims about atheism in an attempt to attack it.


-------------------------------------------------

"There was so much to grok, so little to grok from. "

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

أنا آسف ، أنا لا أقرأ أو لا يتكلم اللغة العربية. وسوف تبذل جهدا لترجمة مع ترجمة جوجل. يرجى أن يكون فهم من هذا الحاجز.
(I'm sorry, I do not read or speak Arabic. I will make an effort to translate with Google translate. Please be understanding of this barrier.)
Reply With Quote
(#106)
Old
ozymandias's Avatar
ozymandias ozymandias is offline
PF contributor
ozymandias is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,465
Thanks: 85
Thanked 88 Times in 83 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default 12-28-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
isn't the big bang/expansion still occouring?
That's quite a complicated question. Overall, I believe scientists think that the universe is still expanding, so in one respect, it is still occurring -- but on the other hand, The Big Bang often is used to describe the conditions during and immediately after the original massive expansion.

Quote:

if something from nothing is not supernatural, then what is?
Not if it follows natural laws. That's nature -- and the vote is still out on if there was nothing prior to The Big Bang, or if it was a result of a Big Crunch.

Quote:


what would you consider to be 'supernatural'?
su·per·nat·u·ral/ˌso͞opərˈnaCH(ə)rəl/

Adjectiveof a manifestation or event) Attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.
Noun:Manifestations or events considered to be of supernatural origin.
Synonyms:preternatural - unearthly - weird - miraculous

-- Basically something that is *not* the result of natural laws.


-------------------------------------------------

"There was so much to grok, so little to grok from. "

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

أنا آسف ، أنا لا أقرأ أو لا يتكلم اللغة العربية. وسوف تبذل جهدا لترجمة مع ترجمة جوجل. يرجى أن يكون فهم من هذا الحاجز.
(I'm sorry, I do not read or speak Arabic. I will make an effort to translate with Google translate. Please be understanding of this barrier.)
Reply With Quote
(#107)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,335
Thanked 1,766 Times in 1,448 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 12-28-2011, 06:00 PM

'natural laws' are by whose definition? scientists with limited knowledge?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to faye For This Useful Post:
(#108)
Old
ozymandias's Avatar
ozymandias ozymandias is offline
PF contributor
ozymandias is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,465
Thanks: 85
Thanked 88 Times in 83 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default 12-28-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
'natural laws' are by whose definition? scientists with limited knowledge?
Who else would be defining and exposing natural laws?

nat·u·ral law

Noun:
  • A body of unchanging moral principles regarded as a basis for all human conduct.
  • An observable law relating to natural phenomena.
We are going with definition 2 here.


-------------------------------------------------

"There was so much to grok, so little to grok from. "

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

أنا آسف ، أنا لا أقرأ أو لا يتكلم اللغة العربية. وسوف تبذل جهدا لترجمة مع ترجمة جوجل. يرجى أن يكون فهم من هذا الحاجز.
(I'm sorry, I do not read or speak Arabic. I will make an effort to translate with Google translate. Please be understanding of this barrier.)
Reply With Quote
(#109)
Old
faye faye is offline
PF senior
faye is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 9,671
Thanks: 7,335
Thanked 1,766 Times in 1,448 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: australia
Default 12-28-2011, 06:26 PM

so, the scientists are dictators now? not accepted by myself, of course.
and like i said-with limited knowledge.
Reply With Quote
(#110)
Old
ozymandias's Avatar
ozymandias ozymandias is offline
PF contributor
ozymandias is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,465
Thanks: 85
Thanked 88 Times in 83 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
so, the scientists are dictators now?
No, why would you think that? Who else would you ask about the natural world, and the laws that govern it? A teacher? they get their knowledge from the scientists.

Quote:

not accepted by myself, of course.
You have many people for company. Many reject reality and substitute their own.

Quote:

and like i said-with limited knowledge.
Yes, like you said. Granted, their knowledge is less limited than most, and collectively, they are responsible for all knowledge this race have obtained.


-------------------------------------------------

"There was so much to grok, so little to grok from. "

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

أنا آسف ، أنا لا أقرأ أو لا يتكلم اللغة العربية. وسوف تبذل جهدا لترجمة مع ترجمة جوجل. يرجى أن يكون فهم من هذا الحاجز.
(I'm sorry, I do not read or speak Arabic. I will make an effort to translate with Google translate. Please be understanding of this barrier.)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
atheists, muslims

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




History of Pashtuns| Learn Pashto Online| Afghan Wiki| TheHujra.com| Pukhtoogle| Afghan MP3| Khyber.org| Pukhto.net| Tor_Khan's blog| Abdul Rahman Karim's blog| Voices of the Pashtun land| Pashto TV

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.31 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
No part of this site may be copied without permission of the administration. The views, posts, opinions and threads expressed by members of the community here are not necessarily those of the staff and management of Pashtun Forums.