View Full Version : My Understanding of Oranges

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 03:18 PM
An orange is an orange.
One orange is in a box and one isn't, but they are both still oranges.
The orange that is in the box has the same feelings as the orange that is not in the box.
The orange that is in the box is no different from the orange that is not in the box.
The orange that is in the box has the same structure as the orange that is not in the box.
The orange that is in the box has the same taste as the orange that is not in the box.
The orange that is in the box has the same desires as the orange that is not in the box.
The orange that is in the box is no less orange than the orange that is not in the box.
All oranges, boxed or not, are the same in all respects.
It took me a long time to understand oranges.

eyeliner
11-25-2010, 03:23 PM
so basically all oranges are the same........like how black and white people are the same.....thus you cant judge a person by the colour of the skin and nor can you judge them by being boxed or not

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Well, you're on the right track, but the actual thing I'm talking about is a little more specific.

eyeliner
11-25-2010, 03:30 PM
^ all oranges should be perceived equally?

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah, for sure... But one needs think about what exactly the oranges might represent, and what it means to be boxed or not.

eyeliner
11-25-2010, 03:36 PM
^ do u mean the one that is covered is protected and the one that isnt covered can be contaminated?

if so then one can argue that the orange peel is its protection/cover.

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Oui et non... Every orange has it's skin, but not all have boxes. Having a box doesn't mean they are protected from anything, they just chose to be in a box. The oranges that are not boxed aren't at risk more or anything, they could still be very healthy and sweet oranges on the inside. Both types, boxed or not boxed, could be sweet or sour, fresh or not fresh, etc.

eyeliner
11-25-2010, 03:41 PM
^ lol.......so i was on the opposite track.......it was close enough

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh, you'll figure it out. Don't worry, it's just a weird metaphor...

eyeliner
11-25-2010, 03:44 PM
^ more like a tounge twister

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Shamaar I never knew you had this creativity in you.

Thanks Jasmine khor. I have been holding it back, but now I think I will unleash it lol.

Dukemina
11-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Hijab :)

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Hijab :)

Well done, Dukey! Although, I think you might have seen it before, no? lol

Alchemist
02-01-2011, 02:05 PM
According to guidelines of the Food and Safety Administration, an orange in a box lasts longer than one not in a box. Temperature fluctuations, and increased exposure to oxygen will cause the orange outside the box to deteriorate at a faster rate ;o