View Full Version : Blog?

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Hey everybody,

I was wondering what happened to the blog feature on here, or any feature for journal related activities. Was it removed, or am I just not able to find it? Someone, please show me the way to it if it still exists.

*Mahzala*
11-25-2010, 12:30 PM
A feature where users submit their own blogs? If so, we did not have one. We do however, have an entire section dedicated to creative writing and research. Have you seen that?

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Mazhala, I swear I remember some sort of Blog page that was accessible from ones profile page. Blog was one of the tabs just like About Me, Statistics, Friends, etc. I haven't been on another forum in a long time and I remember I had posted some sort of Pashtun related entry on a blog here.

*Mahzala*
11-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I am certain we didn't have one, as it has been something I have requested many a time. The Pashtun related blog rings a bell though, not CK, you sure?

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it wasn't CK because they didn't have "Blogs" per se, they called them journals. And CK's been gone for a while now. I don't know, I feel like this forum had them in it's very early days, but I could be wrong.

*Mahzala*
11-25-2010, 01:01 PM
We didn't have them to be honest. Really, I thought they were referred to as blogs and that was my reason for requesting them as 'blogs'. Khair.

Admin Khan
11-25-2010, 01:13 PM
We had a blog section in the beginning. It was never used to we replaced it with the creative writing section.

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 01:34 PM
We had a blog section in the beginning. It was never used to we replaced it with the creative writing section.

I KNEW IT! Thanks Admin wror..... I was almost starting to feel like I was going crazy.

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Why dont you post it in creative section Shamaar? I want to read your thoughts.

Man, I want to but my thoughts are really, really whacky sometimes. Like I will start writing some ridiculous thing and just keep building on them. I will pay the creative writing section a visit though.

Roshina
11-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Mazhala, I swear I remember some sort of Blog page that was accessible from ones profile page. Blog was one of the tabs just like About Me, Statistics, Friends, etc. I haven't been on another forum in a long time and I remember I had posted some sort of Pashtun related entry on a blog here.

That was CK, and Mahzala is right that it was referred to as "blog." I remember manywho used to post in it. And I remember I used to post my poems and other thoughts there. Each member had an individual space on her/his page for a blog, just like everyone does for Photo Albums -- or, as you equated it with, About Me, Statistics, Friends, etc. We proposed one here for PF, and we got a section similar to the rest (Hujra, Entertainment, etc.) called "Blogs," but no one posted in it. So we removed it.

IamDZJ
11-25-2010, 04:01 PM
I might start something really fun in the writer's section pretty soon. I am just trying to decide if I want to leave the online world or not because I dont want to start it and then walk away from it.

Shamaar
11-25-2010, 04:31 PM
That was CK, and Mahzala is right that it was referred to as "blog." I remember manywho used to post in it. And I remember I used to post my poems and other thoughts there. Each member had an individual space on her/his page for a blog, just like everyone does for Photo Albums -- or, as you equated it with, About Me, Statistics, Friends, etc. We proposed one here for PF, and we got a section similar to the rest (Hujra, Entertainment, etc.) called "Blogs," but no one posted in it. So we removed it.

Hmmm, I guess you guys are right. CK seems so long ago though now... Did we actually have Blog tabs there? I can hardly remember the place.