View Full Version : Afghanistan will soon get first women's national cricket team

Tamara
11-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Cricinfo reported today that a women's national cricket team will be formed in Afghanistan and they will participate in an international Twenty20 tournament that will be organized by the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) next year. Women do play the sport locally in Afghanistan, and there are training camps that help young girls improve their skills, however, there is no national team - much to the disappointment of many Afghan female cricket fans. A local competition will be held first to pick the best players for the national team, said the Cricinfo report. The report also said that the uniform for the women's team will reportedly include a headscarf or hijab.

IamDZJ
11-13-2010, 11:35 PM
i feel so left out! we didn't have anything like this when we were there.. :cryy: i was just looking through my sister's school bag the other day. she has all these pencils and fancy erasers...we didn't even have simple erasers back then...:cryy: remember the times we would erase things with our wet finger? any one? :tongue:

Laila
11-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Seriously, that is so cool. Good for these ladies.