View Full Version : Scenes from Pukhtunkhwa

Toramana
11-07-2010, 11:07 PM
This is a beautiful place in Dir, Pukhtunkhwa...It is called Maidan. Although, the guy in the photoclip has overzealously advertised himself, still there is lot of Maidan in the video to see.

YouTube - MAIDAN 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knh2rhZ3RDo&feature=related)

Toramana
11-07-2010, 11:40 PM
YouTube - Munjai, A Tribute to Munjai Dir Lower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1YHRx8aNPM&feature=related)

Zayam
11-08-2010, 01:00 AM
....concerning the first video.......This poses an interesting question, are men from Pakhtunkhwa especially concerned about going unnoticed? It is not the first video I have seen from a young man from Pakhtunkhwa, and the other one was also very "See me!" Hmmmm interesting wonder what this means?

Zayam
11-08-2010, 01:07 AM
The one of Munjai is much nicer, thank you!

Toramana
11-08-2010, 11:15 AM
....concerning the first video.......This poses an interesting question, are men from Pakhtunkhwa especially concerned about going unnoticed? It is not the first video I have seen from a young man from Pakhtunkhwa, and the other one was also very "See me!" Hmmmm interesting wonder what this means?

Hahaha, why this obcession with being photogrpahed and then displayed on youtube, I precisely don't know but may be there is self-importance associated with this. In this regard, a funny event that happened in UK a couple of years ago is worth mentioning; some Pashtun students studying in UK had their pictures taken in markets and other public places, etc. And the security/intelligence agencies of UK noticed this...Later their places were raided and they were arrested...This caused such a furry that UK prime minister Gorden Brown gave statement that a big terrorist ring has been busted...Later it turned out, they were normal students doing this for some kind of to be feeling happy about being in UK...And the UK govt was kind of embarrassed.

Actually, these young people then boost to their friends and families look I am here at this place in UK, etc. and my photoes are on youtube, etc.