View Full Version : Jasmine

MeemWawMeemNoon
10-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I would like to take this opportunity to recognize one of the dearest and sweetest members.

Jasmine khore, from her profile, is one of the earliest members of this forums. She is very active and very encouraging.

I felt the need to open this thread because I want her to know that her input and participation is very much appreciated.

She has her magical ways of stirring discussion and this is very important in an environment of learned and non-learned people.

IamDZJ
10-31-2010, 09:06 PM
I agree she helps us feel encouraged. You are also an amazing member Meemwawmeemnoo. I have never seen someone who loves Islam as much as you do.

momin's love for sangar is incomparable while jasmin makes for an excellent journalist.

Sheenka
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
i agree with u guys she is absolutely encouraging and freindly :)

eyeliner
11-01-2010, 02:40 PM
i totally agree with you. I love the pieces of literature that she shares...some very encouraging pieces, jasmine.......i hope you will continue them.

Fahd
11-02-2010, 06:26 AM
yeh right mashallah she is .
but she have lil bit west thinks

Dust
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I second that!

Zayam
11-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Jasmine is like a good cup of tea, helps one to relax and content to be alive!

khushal
11-02-2010, 09:01 PM
One thing I have noticed is I have not seen her criticize anybody in a negative manner, she has always been very positive and very respectfull to everyone even when she disagees with others. Our dear sister has the character of a true pashtuna.

Catya Sher
11-02-2010, 09:50 PM
I disagree with the first sentence.
She has NOT been positive or respectul, toward Sk, she was mercilessly berating him all over the Forum.

So I don't mean to throw cold water on the thread, but I thought she sounded weird on one thread which showed me her true colors.

It was the one about insulting the Prophet [PBUH], which was made by Unknown Prince, I believe.

I am not the type of person to lavish a goopy compliments when I don't see the person as described above.
I don't see her as anyone I can trust, due to vacillations between friendliness and attack!

I'm sure she's furious to read this, but I could hardly believe some of the comments she has made. They went beyond this "respectful disagreement".

Dust
11-02-2010, 10:07 PM
WOW!!! 1 member will nullify her respect in your eyes?

I am pretty sure that you would agree that less than a handful of people on this forum respect SK. SK has left a bad taste about himself in the mouth of the whole forum. So you don't have a point there. SK does not in any way, shape, or form attract respect.

The rest of your post is just rubbish.

MeemWawMeemNoon
11-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Dearest Catya Sher,

the irony of your post is that when I was creating this thread I was actually thinking about the tension between Jasmine and Sangar. Moreover, I have been facing heat here and there for expressing my love for Sangar. One such comment can be found on this very thread.

That said, you should realize that this thread has nothing to do with me choosing Jasmine over Sangar. I love Sangar because of Islam. Other than that, he is pretty vile and inconsiderate. I appreciate Jasmine for every good category that exists out there, including because she is a Muslim. So, as you can see the balance, Jasmine has a lot more to offer to this website than Sangar. However, because Sangar is a Muslim I still care for him. But do you think that Sangar considers me a Muslim? No, he does not. My love for Islam and the Holy Prophet (saw) has not shed a dint of care in his heart for me. He takes advantage of every situation to call me a kafir and a non-Muslim.

I know that Jasmine does not agree with my beliefs. However, she is decent enough to allow me to call myself a Muslim. She has not taken that right away from me.

Do you see the difference between the two just based on this short introduction?

I love Sangar (though lately he has disappointed me) because of his love for Islam. However, Sangar does have the same ability to extend the same courtesy to someone else who calls himself a Muslim. I am not going to stoop to his level and only appreciate him if he appreciates me. No of course not, that is child play. I love him for the sake of Islam. Period. However, he still mocks me and he still manages to slip a few condescending remarks here and there.

The contradiction in his behaviour is that when someone mocks him he does not spare anything and unleashes every trick he has under his sleeve to demean the other person, even if it was unintentional. Once I called his belief Salafism and he took great offense to that. He told me that I am mocking him, just like when he calls me a Qadiani. However, I told him that I was not mocking him and the 'ism' in Arabic is 'iyyah'. Therefore, Salafism and Salafiyyah are the one and the same thing, just a different language. However, do you think that he has stopped calling me a Qadiani? Of course not. I am an Ahmadi not a Qadiani. Qadiani is a very derogatory term. The irony of this is that I never ever once told him not to call me a Qadiani, because I knew that he would never listen. However, he himself knew that it was a derogatory term and he did not hesitate to use it an example of a derogatory term when I called his belief Salafism (sincerely intending Salafiyyah). Little knowledge can bring empires down.

With respect to Jasmine.

I will never hesitate to defend her. No one, and I mean no one, has a problem with her. The ones who do have a problem with her is as a result of "the enemy of my friend is my enemy." Don't do this. This is why Islam is suffering. Innocent people are forced to choose sides because one ignorant person's pride is on the line.

Appreciate Jasmine for who she is. She loves Islam a lot. Don't be fooled by Sangar. Sangar has an evil way of turning die-hard Muslims, who love Islam, as an enemy, in the eyes of unsuspecting by-standers. Get acquainted with her yourself. You will see that she is a gem.

I created this thread because I have been on this website for a long time; I felt that a regular and loyal member like herself deserves to know that people appreciate her contributions and her points of view.

IamDZJ
11-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Can you guys discuss your differences somewhere else? I thought this thread was made to express ones appreciation for jasmine but it seems like her name is being used as a platform for your arguments.
Why are you guys always arguing like middle aged women from the village?

MeemWawMeemNoon
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Thank you, khore!

Roshina
11-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Hmm... although I am a strong proponent of expressing your positive opinions of others and of appreciating those who deserve to be acknowledge for their efforts, I don't believe in exaggerating someone's qualities and/or efforts. Jasmine, for instance, rarely has something of substance to add to any discussion, and her copied-pasted articles/stories/etc. from other sources (almost always without citation) don't move me at all because I ... well, I have an idea of why she must be posting them. (I know, I know -- I don't read people's minds, so how dare I say this, right? Well, I'm saying it anyway, though it's possible that I'm wrong in my assumption of her.) Moreover, it's great that she's encouraging to a lot of people -- but mere "Thanks for sharing" (oh it's SO common around here it's suffocating!) is no contribution whatsoever. That's not what you say to a long post that's offered to you to read and evaluate critically. I think it defeats the purpose of "sharing" that post.

So, that's what I think. Others are encouraged not to buy my opinions.

MeemWawMeemNoon
11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
It is people like Jasmine who encourage those with intellectual capacities and the non-intellectual. Her intellectual contributions, or lack of them for that matter, do not in any way reflect upon her intellectual abilities. Expressing yourself in an intellect manner all the time does not say anything positive about your intellect capacities.

The empty pot makes a loud, obnoxious echo, whereas the full pot makes a nice, quiet, soothing sound.

Some people are eloquent and know how to twist the truth. They are biased, and when put on the spot, they avoid the situation. ;)

Jasmine does not create controversy, nor does she encourage it. Rather, she allows those who are well versed in their opinion to express it all the while asking a few simply question here and there in order to further encourage dialogue.

With respect to her short-stories. Life is not all about showing off what you know. Sometimes short stories, that get the point across about the real essence of life, are necessary. They are very encouraging, and they do bring people back to earth. Unfortunately, some people are too afraid to come back down to earth, and hence, will do anything to stay in the realm of superficiality. It does not surprise me that those stories would not touch them.

Jasmine is someone who keeps people active by giving them a soft smile. Her soft smile is expressed through her "thanks for sharing," considering it is the internet.

Imagine if no one made any small remarks such as "thanks for sharing?" This website, or any website for that matter, would discourage many people from posting. Clicking the "thanks" button does not keep good threads within reach.

I see Jasmine as the older sister who loves her territory, PF and Afghanistan, and wants to involve her people, forumites and Pashtuns.

شمله ور خراساني
11-04-2010, 05:56 PM
some people are just obsessed with me.

Gulalai
11-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Jasmine!!!!! :celebrate:
our dear khor (:

if she deserve a thread like this then i think she deserves to be M.O.W. :shy:

Can you guys discuss your differences somewhere else? I thought this thread was made to express ones appreciation for jasmine but it seems like her name is being used as a platform for your arguments.
Why are you guys always arguing like middle aged women from the village?

hahahah! lol

Sheenka
11-05-2010, 07:16 PM
no reply jasmine:wub:
at least thank mumeen for making u a thread :dead: