View Full Version : How can we help our community?

karachipashtun
04-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Very good thread Kandahary brother.

Well what we can do is first try to clear up misconceptions and urban legends.

I think one of the most important things we lack is education.

pir_Rokhan
04-26-2010, 01:36 AM
There are three things which are important for the well being of Afghans across the durand line.

1) Political consciousness

2) Science and technology.

3) Revival and renaisssance of Pashto - as a language ,as a culture ,as a trait and as a philosophy of life .

Mayana
04-26-2010, 02:01 AM
Make the BEST out of yourself. Achieve your FULLEST potential.
When Izraail knocks on your door, there should not be a drop of potential left in you - you have to live up to your full potential.
Make use of every resource.. Be aware of who you are, who you can be and who you want to be. Know your past, know your future and according to that shape your present.

Make yourselves independent. The world is in the very palm of your hands , grab it.
Seek knowledge every instant of your life as if it was the air you need to breath.
What our country IS right now and what it CAN be should be more than enough inspiration for all of us to get up every morning with this thirst to achieve it all.

Make the best of yourselves.. and rebuild your Watan with those very hands of yours - if our generation doesn't fix it who will?

( I speak to myself before anyone else)

tor_khan
04-27-2010, 02:50 AM
What can we do?

We can stop blaming others.
We can stop this Tajik,Punjabi nonsense. They are our brothers, Yes they have horrible political leaders, but I am sure you guys know that does not represent them.(So far thank God I have not seen anyone make that assumption yet)
We need education.
We need a leader.
We nee unification.

:sigh:

Completely agree. There are days when I could cry myself to sleep thinking about the state we are in.

I begin with a simple premise. I love my people with every inch of my heart. I know we have faults and that we have made some grave political mistakes - but that doesn't bother me so much as those amongst us who are motivated by greed and short term status. I find that harder to forgive.

Not all of us have the same commitment to faith and politics - sometimes there is a disconnect - but we have to reconcile this. Pashtoons are passionate about their personal faith - Islam is importatn - and that we must accept; similarly not all of us have the same commitment to nationalistic politics and that is something we must also work with - invariably people want safety, electricity, roads etc. almost before they want nationalism.

Pakistan and Afghanistan are poor societies and the formula of applying what happens in the west with Western approaches doesn't work. It hasn't worked in Afghanistan - the NATO occupation has led to a mess and we witness daily the constant violent reactions to Pakistan's US-inspired policies in the Pashtoon belt. It's a hard reality but one that we must accept if we are to achieve peace - most Pashtoons do not buy fully into the American dream. I don't think the US is willing to change anymore than, say Afghanistan is able to, at this time; result - ultimately we can only rely on ourselves to improve our own situation. That, to me, is the nationalistic drive.

It happens that education is my vocation and I find some satisfaction in supporting initiatives like The Afghan School Project (http://www.theafghanschool.org/) - fund raising, being a distance tutor, writing editorials etc. Greg Mortenson has done some brilliant work with building schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan - many in Pashtoon strong areas, and there are many more such initiatives, such as the The Baacha Khan Trust Educational Foundation (http://www.bkefoundation.org/) - we have to start as in any place, with grassroots educational projects. As sidenote, imported education systems ultimately divide us - Pir Rokhan is right we need a revivalist approach that is Pashto-centric. I keep saying this - but ultimately I would like not to be writing this message in English, but Pashto ... (... and there are places where we can start with that too ...)

One thought I come back to in my musings why we haven't been able to respond to that call for unity - many of our leaders have talked about this, but why the divisions?

I guess that having been divided a long time back, finding faith in our leadership has remained a challenge - simply, no leader is ever without error, but if united, we can be led. Am I willing to put Karzai in that catergory? Why not? There are better leaders that said who care more deeply for us as Pashtoons. The vision of our leadership needs to take account of the basic human/social needs as well as taking a collective leadership approach that ultimately doesn't care for boundaries or borders. It's a rare quality, but not impossible - Bacha Khan managed to combine charity, faith, peace and nationalism. I believe in all of that.

There are people who still hold true to Bacha Khan's vision - they need voice and our attention - we must be willing to engage, accept and follow; otherwise we can not help ourselves and our futures as Pashtoons will mean that the vultures around us will be ready to feed off our corpses.

:sigh:

Roshina
04-27-2010, 03:56 AM
We need a leader. That is what we need.

We need a leader? I agree. But who are we waiting and expecting to be our leader? I think one of the problems is that we're waiting for a leader, for a mehdi, to be born all of a sudden among us. That's not going to happen because 1) Pashtuns generally don't seem to like being led, and 2) We're all WAITING for someone to lead us; none of us seems to be making the move ourselves to actually do the leading.

We also need to first define a leader; what exactly are we looking for in a leader, other than the standard qualities of honesty, sincerity, patriotism, etc.?

So: If we want to have a leader, we must STRIVE to be the leaders ourselves--and leadership begins at home. If we can do good for ourselves and our families, we can do good for our people.

Dinosaur Khan
04-27-2010, 06:41 AM
Khattaks should be role model to pashtuns. Literacy rate of karak in both males & females is among higest in pakistan. The presence of khattak is in every field of pakistan.

Son of Mountains
04-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Khattaks should be role model to pashtuns. Literacy rate of karak in both males & females is among higest in pakistan. The presence of khattak is in every field of pakistan.

Khattaks are best Pashtuns I ever met!

Son of Mountains
04-27-2010, 09:14 AM
What can we do to make things better?

1- Unity
2- Leave Pak-Afghan fightings
3- Education, especially women educaion
4- Moderating religious influences
5- Proper leadership

MazloomyarMaseed
04-27-2010, 09:51 AM
What can we do?

We can stop blaming others.
We can stop this Tajik,Punjabi nonsense. They are our brothers, Yes they have horrible political leaders, but I am sure you guys know that does not represent them.(So far thank God I have not seen anyone make that assumption yet)
We need education.
We need a leader.
We nee unification.

Neithner a Punjabi nor an Tajik is our brother

As a whole every Punjabi has the same intention, do you think they woulkd want to see a progressive Afghanistan???? its a threat to them same can be said about tajiks as well, its al Politics and power

How can we have an education whereby pushto is banned as the educational main language and also in Afghanistan where you have ISI Punjabi trained and supported Jamiet Mullah Talibs blowing our schools and government into pieces?

Of course it comes down to race and culture, how can they be our brothers!

MazloomyarMaseed
04-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Khattaks are best Pashtuns I ever met!

but what about those who follow "ghulami Na ma nee"

Iam sure if you kiss the kwana of Pakistan very much and do its dirty work of course u will become successful to some degree

Son of Mountains
04-27-2010, 10:25 AM
@makeenMaseed

Oh my God....one day will come when u people will minus the khattaks even from Pashtoon tribes bcz they are more educated n more developed. Lag khyal kwa yara. Why dont u follow khataks n educate ur tribes? Plz dont bring that politics of speadng hate and just think by ur brains!

Admin Khan
04-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Guys, please stop,seriously.

We are all the part of the same ethnic group regardless of nationaity and quite frankly, it seems as though tribes are being used to divide us. The above is a perfect example.

MazloomyarMaseed
04-27-2010, 11:07 AM
@makeenMaseed

Oh my God....one day will come when u people will minus the khattaks even from Pashtoon tribes bcz they are more educated n more developed. Lag khyal kwa yara. Why dont u follow khataks n educate ur tribes? Plz dont bring that politics of speadng hate and just think by ur brains!

How can i educated my tribes when your friends are forcing us to follow the FCR and isolate us from the settled areas?

Didnt that ever come to your mind?

Secondly one day will come and actually that day is here whereby we will minus all lovers of Pak fauge and their ISI agencies.

Son of Mountains
04-27-2010, 11:43 AM
^calm down, u'd have to minus all pashtoons living in pakistan. Read Admin khan's words 3 times again and again.