View Full Version : From India with love.

shafeeq
10-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Hi friends.I'm Muhammed shafeeq from India.I am basically from lakshadweep islands(Indian terrirory in arabian sea,near to maldives) and presently doing my medical education in kerala,south india.Hoping to learn more about afghanistan,its culture,politics etc from here..

N.E rocker
10-26-2010, 08:20 AM
WOW nevr net sm1 from lakshadweep.U r 1 lucky fella i must say.Welcome,i joined yesterday too.

Fahd
10-26-2010, 08:21 AM
welcome here muhammed :)
mashallah alot of indian's here
and alot of indians love afg !!
:)

N.E rocker
10-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Ohhh yeah we do.Fahd is there a thread of indian contribution in afghanistan or else i would like to start 1.

Fahd
10-26-2010, 08:55 AM
dunno
but u can start new 1 ;)

drona
10-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey Muhammed welcome. Nice to see somebody from Lakshadweep. You are really lucky to be from such a beautiful place. I want to see the beutiful beaches there someday. The nearest I have been to was when I visited Kovalam Beach, Kerala.

Dreamer
10-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi... this is a pashtun forum... though all pashtuns are from Afghanistan originally not all are in afghanistan anymore....
hence it wld be more learning abt pashtun culture
hope u enjoy ur stay here

shafeeq
10-26-2010, 12:44 PM
@drona n rocker
Thanks for the welcome brothers. Glad to hear that you guys like lakshadweep islands..Do visit islands some day.I'm sure you will be amazed by the beauty of our peaceful islands,far away from busy world,with its white sandy beaches and unpolluted environment.We are known for our hospitality too.
@dreamer
thanks mate..I hope i can learn more about pashtun culture and i think this is the best place to learn about afghan on the whole.I have been visiting this forum for a while and you are one of my favourite posters here.Keep it up bro

shafeeq
10-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Shafeeq welcome here. Do start the thread about it's contributions, that way we can learn more about your contributions. ?
Thank you jasmine.I think you mistook ne rockers post to mine(about starting a thread about Indian contribution).I dont know much about the present contribution of India in development of Afghanistan.I think it is not a contributer-receiver relationship but a win-win deal where both our countries can profit from cooperation.Both India and Afghanistan are developing nations with a long way to go to become developed nations and cooperating in mutually beneficial ventures will help accelerate our growth.

You aren't a new member though, you joined in July what took you so long to post?
Lol i was shy to post....::rolleyes::..but today i saw a post which hurt me and i had to reply..So decided to join the party:runaround:

Feroza_Banu
10-26-2010, 01:37 PM
salam alaikum

welcome aboard. tell us more about yourself.

i really want to know about the place you are from.. i haven't heard of it before.

shafeeq
10-26-2010, 03:34 PM
salam alaikum

welcome aboard. tell us more about yourself.

i really want to know about the place you are from.. i haven't heard of it before.
Wa alaikum wa salam feroza..thanks for the welcome
I'm 19 year old,finished my first year in medical school and having vacation at present.And about my place,I am from an island in lakshadweep island group in arabian sea,which is an indian territory.There are 36 islands in our island group and only 10 are inhabited.Our Islands are known for lagoons with rich corals and snow white sandy beeches.Indegenous Population is 100% muslim following shafi madhab.Literacy is near to 100% and we have zero crime rate(prison was occuppied only twice in last 60 years).Life is slow and relaxed.We speak mahal(sinhalese dielect)and malayalam(language of our nearest state in mainland india)

AmitRazdan
10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
@drona n rocker
Thanks for the welcome brothers. Glad to hear that you guys like lakshadweep islands..Do visit islands some day.I'm sure you will be amazed by the beauty of our peaceful islands,far away from busy world,with its white sandy beaches and unpolluted environment.We are known for our hospitality too.
@dreamer
thanks mate..I hope i can learn more about pashtun culture and i think this is the best place to learn about afghan on the whole.I have been visiting this forum for a while and you are one of my favourite posters here.Keep it up bro
hey dude

where the heck is lakshadweep island, ive nevr heard of it ?

Zayam
10-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm 19 year old,finished my first year in medical school and having vacation at present.And about my place,I am from an island in lakshadweep island group in arabian sea,which is an indian territory.There are 36 islands in our island group and only 10 are inhabited.Our Islands are known for lagoons with rich corals and snow white sandy beeches.Indegenous Population is 100% muslim following shafi madhab.Literacy is near to 100% and we have zero crime rate(prison was occuppied only twice in last 60 years).Life is slow and relaxed.We speak mahal(sinhalese dielect)and malayalam(language of our nearest state in mainland india)

Kha, now I have another place to put on my list of places I want to visit!!!!!!

drona
10-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Amit ,

You are from the land of snowy mountains, Shafeeq is from the land of snowy beaches ..

You from the northernmost part of India, he from the southernmost part ..

Both of you are from Muslim majority regions ..

Everybody in the world knows about your land, few people outside India have heard of shafeeq's ..

So ..... Anonymity is to be preferred over notoriety ;)

Anyways refer to these maps for the location of Lakshdweep :)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xzYPy_7eP2M/TDxQ41lXAmI/AAAAAAAAAPg/uDEDcMw_ZGw/s1600/paradise-island-lakshadweep.jpg
and
http://i50.tinypic.com/fwrfyo.jpg

The archipelago west of Kerala's coast is Lakshadweep.

Feroza_Banu
10-26-2010, 05:41 PM

mashaAllah. this place seems to be a very ideal place. May Allah swt protect you guys from every evil. aameen.

i am so excited to find out more. i would love to see some pictures. please share some if you could. :)

and u are 19 and already done with ur first year of med school, that is amazing.... good for you!... God bless you

AmitRazdan
10-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Amit ,

You are from the land of snowy mountains, Shafeeq is from the land of snowy beaches ..

You from the northernmost part of India, he from the southernmost part ..

Both of you are from Muslim majority regions ..

Everybody in the world knows about your land, few people outside India have heard of shafeeq's ..

So ..... Anonymity is to be preferred over notoriety ;)

Anyways refer to these maps for the location of Lakshdweep :)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xzYPy_7eP2M/TDxQ41lXAmI/AAAAAAAAAPg/uDEDcMw_ZGw/s1600/paradise-island-lakshadweep.jpg
and
http://i50.tinypic.com/fwrfyo.jpg

The archipelago west of Kerala's coast is Lakshadweep.
Thats Dron

Abdul Haq
10-27-2010, 09:20 AM
welcome,,

amna.
10-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Feel home. We have Punjabis and many other ethnic groups as well.

shafeeq
10-28-2010, 03:12 AM
mashaAllah. this place seems to be a very ideal place. May Allah swt protect you guys from every evil. aameen.

i am so excited to find out more. i would love to see some pictures. please share some if you could. :)

and u are 19 and already done with ur first year of med school, that is amazing.... good for you!... God bless you

Thanks again,feroza.
Here are some pics.....
This is my island kadmath.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/A_beach_side_resort_at_Kadmat_Island%2C_Lakshadwee p.jpg

shafeeq
10-28-2010, 03:13 AM
Some more..
http://indiahoneymoon.in/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lakshadweep-islands.jpg

shafeeq
10-28-2010, 03:15 AM
http://www.indiamike.com/photopost/data/500/IMGA0503_edited.jpg

shafeeq
10-28-2010, 03:15 AM
http://www.holidayiq.com/uploadimages/Lakshadweep-2513_1.JPG

Laila
10-28-2010, 03:18 AM
^ Woah!!!!! :loveit:

Do you mind if i visit one day :shy:

oh and Welcome! :)

shafeeq
10-28-2010, 04:39 PM
^ Woah!!!!! :loveit:

Do you mind if i visit one day :shy:

oh and Welcome! :)

You are always welcome laila..we all love afghan people a lot,And thanks for the welcoming me here.

shafeeq
10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
welcome Shafeeq. You are Indian MUSLIM? How are you treated in India? Are you a proud Indian?

Thanks for welcome,pashtoon queen.Yeah i'm an indian muslim.I dont know whether i'm a perfect muslim or not but i do know that i'm a proud indian and i love my motherland more than anything in this world.And about the treatment here,almost all my friends and my favourite teachers are hindus,we dont bother much about each others religion.Although there are certain bad elements who spread hatred based on religion,they are too weak to interfere in daily life of normal hindus and muslims who coexist peacefully and with friendship.

ComradePashtun
10-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Welcome, Shafiq.

Feroza_Banu
10-31-2010, 03:27 AM
Thanks again,feroza.
Here are some pics.....
This is my island kadmath.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/A_beach_side_resort_at_Kadmat_Island%2C_Lakshadwee p.jpg

Yaw narrraiii manena (a world of Thank you!) :smile1: