View Full Version : I would love to visit Pekhawar

Amir al Ghaznavi
10-18-2010, 04:12 PM
For those of you who are from there, is the situation good for foreigners to visit/?

Dreamer
10-18-2010, 04:16 PM
For those of you who are from there, is the situation good for foreigners to visit/?

ummm can be dangerous.... ppl kiddnapp if they knw ur foriegn as they they will do anything 2 get some ransom

Shehbaz Khan
10-18-2010, 05:31 PM
What is the purpose of your visit?

Michin Khel
10-18-2010, 05:40 PM

A person from afghanistan is not foreigner in peshawer, staso khpal khaar de.

Peshawer is safe to visit....but keep yourself away from busy bazars like qisa khwani, khyber or saddar.

Shehbaz Khan
10-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Much better actually but don't forget to keep your identity with you. I mean your ID Card, Passport, Driving liscence with you else you will face too much trouble while moving here and there and as already said 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do' So you just need to dress like a common Pakhtun out here, make yourself a part of the city and that's all =)

eccentric
10-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Recently one of my friend, who lived peshawar for 10 years had to pay 500 rupees to police for being an Afghan. Though he himself is a Yousufzai Pashtun, who can speak proper pashto.

AnGaaR
10-18-2010, 08:17 PM
If they catch u and know that u r an afghan they will label you with diff names..
if you have foreigner passport,never show it to police or they will call you as alfayda (qayda) lol
wear normal afghan dress and act more like you are one of peshawari people.
the worse is police.. if they catch u then they will rob u .

I am going in some months and during my last few visits i never found it difficult for myself.
while coming back to dubai the police didnt let me leave peshawar and i had to try 4 times. the 4th time i paid 1000 and they let me fly.
One told me.. Majir yai? i said na majir nayam pakhtoon yem.. he said.. chei pakhton yai no bia maza.. 2nd time i met the same police and he said u cant go..
3rd time the borading guy said.. how come u got visa of USA and Dubai? whats ur profession? i said i am a student.. he kept talking and finally he said that the flight left.. try tomorrow.. so 4th time i paid 1000 to a police and he helped me get out of the damn airport.
There were 3 afghans sitting aside holding Afghan passports and they were not allowd to fly too.

sometimes its difficult to get out of the airport so better come by car via torkham and fly back from kabul not Peshawar or Islamabad.

Never keep cash with u .. i mean not more than 2000 or 3000
Once they catch you with foreign currency,they will take alot from u.
Best of Luck

khushal
10-18-2010, 08:20 PM
A person from afghanistan is not foreigner in peshawer, staso khpal khaar de.

Peshawer is safe to visit....but keep yourself away from busy bazars like qisa khwani, khyber or saddar.
We can cross the border with no problem but they wont allow us to fly to pashawar without visa
zmo khpul khar da, panjab ne walai da

The police are all theives, they will rob you. try not to draw attention to yourself especially to the police. If you have a US, UK passport, the police wont bother you too much but watch out for the locals, they might kidnap you for ransom, the police might be involved in it. It is better if you know somebody there vs going there alone.

AnGaaR
10-18-2010, 08:21 PM
We can cross the border with no problem but they wont allow us to fly to pashawar without visa
you can get a visa from kabul.. pay 3000 bribe and they will give u visa in 1 day lol

AnGaaR
10-18-2010, 08:32 PM
In Peshawar being an Afghan is an insult. They look down at you.
Not only peshawar
some look down at u even in PF
no matter what,they will still call u Majir:evilgrin:

you will find alot of stupid guys over there who act like some of our members in the forum but lets not forget that these stupid people dont represent the good people of peshawar.. peshawar has people like tor khan,feroz afridi , bls and many others who never count u as a Mahajir.. Yaaaaa you will find some stupid junk ones who will label u with different names:smile1:

BLS_1919v2.0
10-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Basically Angaar covered it well. As long as you wear pashtun/Afghan kaalii and pick up on the peshawree dialect it should be good. However police na zaan saatha ttol rishwathkhwaar dee...yaw neem pa kae kha. Otherwise Peshawar is a good city, nice food, hospitality and it was where I lived.

Amir al Ghaznavi
10-18-2010, 09:17 PM
heres another issue

I am 6"7, now Im sure there are tons of tall Pakhtuns, but I have KHARIJI written all over my pretty face

And my Pashto is spoken in a Canadian accent lol

It is therefore, IMPOSSIBLE, not to draw attention to myself

Laila
10-18-2010, 09:17 PM
I have been wanting to go to Peshawar since i left it, 16 years ago. I do not remember Hayatabad at all, though it is my birthplace. I plan to visit in the near future. My mother worked in a medical hospital there, she wants to visit sometime in the next 2 years.

I still have my relatives there.

I guess just try to fit in with others, dont make yourself stand out as a foreigner. Try to stay in good places, at the right time. Dont go during the summer, I have heard the heat is bad, especially when it causes black outs.

Laila
10-18-2010, 09:18 PM
heres another issue

I am 6"7, now Im sure there are tons of tall Pakhtuns, but I have KHARIJI written all over my pretty face

DO NOT TALK AT THE BAZAARS. I can honestly tell you that right now. Dont speak lol. People can smell Khariji, they can smell foreigners, they can smell money, they automatically know you are not from nearby just by how you look. I learned the hard way lol

Admin Khan
10-18-2010, 09:19 PM
heres another issue

Amira, most Pashtuns are extremely tall, naturally well-built, and strong. All you have to do is change your style of walking, wear traditional Pashtun clothes, and try to put a serious face on, I'm sure you will be fine. Are you also visiting the motherland?

P.S
Grow your hair.

BLS_1919v2.0
10-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I have been wanting to go to Peshawar since i left it, 16 years ago. I do not remember Hayatabad at all, though it is my birthplace. I plan to visit in the near future. My mother worked in a medical hospital there, she wants to visit sometime in the next 2 years.

I still have my relatives there.

I guess just try to fit in with others, dont make yourself stand out as a foreigner. Try to stay in good places, at the right time. Dont go during the summer, I have heard the heat is bad, especially when it causes black outs.

Did your mom work at Rahman medical centre? Last I remembered that was the major medical complex there.

Khaariji on your face? How so?

Laila
10-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Did your mom work at Rahman medical centre? Last I remembered that was the major medical complex there.

Khaariji on your face? How so?

She worked in Khyber Medical College. She did her residency there, then did her medicine practice there too. I was born there :)

My father also worked in Peshawar too, not sure the name of the medical center.

Khaariji....ohhhhh man. They automatically know. Just by how you naturally act, talk, look, man people automatically know.

Amir al Ghaznavi
10-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Amira, most Pashtuns are extremely tall, naturally well-built, and strong. All you have to do is change your style of walking, wear traditional Pashtun clothes, and try to put a serious face on, I'm sure you will be fine. Are you also visiting the motherland?

P.S
Grow your hair.

putting on a Mad Dog look, and throwing on a mean Langota with Afghan clothes wont be the issue, but what do you mean your style of walking?

Does that mean no cwalking?
YouTube - The Real Crip Walk - C-walk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcS6X1IBEmk&feature=related)

This is not concrete, its a tentative plan for next fall...and yes Id like to visit all of Afghanistan

Whats sad is that I want to visit all of the Pakhtun areas from Khyber to Waziristan to Kunduz...but thats not possible

btw, My hair is already long as hell and I got the beard...I look intimidating here in Canada, dont know how much I can intimidate Pekhawarians lol

AnGaaR
10-18-2010, 10:17 PM
heres another issue

pretend to be benazir bhutu's cousin caz u r tall :loveit: tel them jiyai bhutto and they wil let u go:lal10:

Bro therez np with being tall.. if you see ppl of Momand agency and ppl of chitral, you will forget ur height and your white skin.. they look exactly like europeans or white americans..

PFgulalai
10-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Many of Peshwar Pashtuns have lost Pashtunwali due to heavy influence by Hindko in the city. It has been commercialized. Sawabi, Swat,Buner,Malakand,Waziristan you will be treated good here. But in Peshwar Afghan = Khar..

Eh!Really?Hindokowaans are actually not at all that prominent. If anything has heavily influenced the Pashtuns of Pekhawar, it has to be "mutalae Pakistan", "1947 Jashn-e-Azad"i, Urdu, Jinnah/ Allma Iqbal/Sir syed Ahmad Khan, and "PTV 9pm Khabaranama". Still, they speak Pashto, they are as hospitable as any Pashtun should be, and they have typical Pashtun mindset.
I do agree that there were people who mistreated Afghans but then there were also those who embraced them like their brothers.Nonetheless,one should be careful when making such blanket statements.

But I agree, I admire Feroz Afridi and he is from Peshawar.

I admire him too! =)

@Amir:

It is fine if you like to risk your life :runaround:

PFgulalai
10-18-2010, 10:28 PM
if you are that pretty then you better move to Banu . ;)

ROFL!!! :fighting:

Amir al Ghaznavi
10-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Dont listen to any of these morons , just come and be my guest.

I roam here on road at 2 am in the morning and nothing happened to me yet.

I have room mate who is afghan and police could never harass him until now.

Police wouldnt mess unless they could find some valid reason.

for sure, ill contact you!

and whats the deal with Bannu :evilgrin:

Amir al Ghaznavi
10-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Che sanga pa Afghanistan ke Kandhar famous de.

Dase pa Pakhtunkhwa ke Banu :p

Hope you know what I mean. :p

ve marghe (bird) hum pa yaw vazara (wing) pa ke aloze (fly)

LOL I read u loud and clear wrora

*checks Bannu off to visit list*

Laila
10-18-2010, 11:30 PM
*Ahem Ahem*

Amir, when you do visit Peshawar. Let me know how it is, i have been so eager to visit for so long.

Dont forget plenty of pixies ;)

If you ever get the chance to go to Hayatabad, let Lailo know :shy:

Admin Khan
10-18-2010, 11:46 PM
putting on a Mad Dog look, and throwing on a mean Langota with Afghan clothes wont be the issue, but what do you mean your style of walking?

Does that mean no cwalking?
YouTube - The Real Crip Walk - C-walk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcS6X1IBEmk&feature=related)

This is not concrete, its a tentative plan for next fall...and yes Id like to visit all of Afghanistan

Whats sad is that I want to visit all of the Pakhtun areas from Khyber to Waziristan to Kunduz...but thats not possible

btw, My hair is already long as hell and I got the beard...I look intimidating here in Canada, dont know how much I can intimidate Pekhawarians lol

Indeed. Honestly, expect proper treatment. Don't fall for any of the rumors. Good and bad exist in all. You cant judge New York City based on Harlem or Bedford-Stuyvesant now can you? Same notion applies for Peshawar. You can't satisfy everyone. Every city in the world has its pros and cons, but you being a Pashtun and a Pashto speaker, you will receive nothing but love from your Pashtun brothers.

Just don't ask a Peshawari to Su-woop or throw some B's up and I am sure you will be in compliance. So leave the C-walk and all that in Toronto. What I meant by your walk was, don't walk like the man, you are Pashtun to the bone, with that being said, no Peshawaris will disturb your peace.

YouTube - Ministry of Silly Walks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoMOGZ0ma54)

Admin Khan
10-18-2010, 11:53 PM
lol

alaka amira .. bas ta O na kheje hahaha
Amir der khatarnaq saray dey, paam warsara kawa.

Nokia_Apridy
10-19-2010, 02:01 AM
Amira rora Khpal da Stargu Banra ba darta Kegdu sta KAdmuna chay Pa kahwru nashey

PEkhwar Sta Khpal Kor da Laka sanga cha Zma Kobal ya Kandhor...

STA PA RATLU Munga dar Khushala yu...

KhyberKhan
10-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Bro, pekhawar is an awesome place to visit. my ancenstral village is not far from the city. My family also has a city house in faqirabad which is inside pekhawar so i have the opportunity to chill there also when i go over.

how long do you want to go for and for what reason? sight-seeing? shopping? short-break? education?

pekhawar is a bustling city, there's loads of places you can visit that will cater for just about all your needs.

ignore all the BS about how afghans are treated poorly, all you need to remember is dress well, avoid police and when purchasing anything don't accept the first price ever.

IamDZJ
10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
This is the part where we hire some one to beat the crap out of him once he gets there.

abubaker
10-19-2010, 10:30 AM
police na di passport pat satha gani pa hamgha sath di kharsawi laka ghua

Amir al Ghaznavi
10-19-2010, 11:34 AM
This is the part where we hire some one to beat the crap out of him once he gets there.

*aims stinger at DaZahroJaam;s village*

dont me make do something we're both going to regret

Amir al Ghaznavi
10-19-2010, 11:36 AM
awo kana za 6'4 yama awo bus ta pa ghalti na khejam.

de kho bya 6'7 de hahaha

we'd be quite the sight, walking through the alleys together! lol

thank you everyone for the tid bits....it was a huge help

my desire to visit went up ten fold

khushal
10-20-2010, 03:12 AM
Amira rora Khpal da Stargu Banra ba darta Kegdu sta KAdmuna chay Pa kahwru nashey

PEkhwar Sta Khpal Kor da Laka sanga cha Zma Kobal ya Kandhor...

STA PA RATLU Munga dar Khushala yu...

Nokia wrora,
al the che visa zoro rat we, ogha zoi da say na da laka khpul kor

Nokia_Apridy
10-20-2010, 03:36 AM
KHUSHALA Rora ........Ta Pekhwar ta na razay khu zka Shut ur mouth rora...

khushal
10-20-2010, 09:36 AM
KHUSHALA Rora ........Ta Pekhwar ta na razay khu zka Shut ur mouth rora...
Nokia,
walay day da say khabara wa kra, kum khulq che khaq wa yee, agho ta bai ekhtha rom ma ka wa. kom khalq che derwagh(lie) wa ye, la ka te, agho ta wa ya che shut your mouth,

ka resh tya sa pashtun wa, da habara panjabyono da wa ka, za ka pashtun da habara na ka we po internet ka. ka miadon ka da say wa ka, bya bala habara da.
sama da.

Naveed Safi
05-21-2011, 03:25 PM
da pekhawar halat os der kha shavi di awl dalta aman wo bia halat kharab sho kho us bia aman taraf ta rawan di. pa cha k che ghla na v no hagha pa pekhawar k sre stargi garzede shi. ao da mo dua da Allah di zamong khkukuli khaar pekhawar sara pa tole dunya k aman rawali.Ameen

torkham
05-21-2011, 03:49 PM
pashtun are generally tall but kakar, at 6'7"? it is ridiculous to be inconspicuous and blend in, pattu, proper beard [not fancy Prince style], serious face, and whilst at it, get tid of the gell, wax, the converses etc, tsapal, partug, topi,. . . . you might get away with it. i have in past flown to islamabad and then travelled through torkham and on to surobi, but last trip i was not allowed to cross bab-e-khyber, they said threat of kidnapping was high. i have been lucky in the past, my afghan passport with visa was not a problem.

best bet is find a brother from FATA to visit and travel with him.

oh, my tip on blending in, get some surma, it's cool and back in fashion;)

Michin Khel
05-24-2011, 04:31 AM
heres another issue

In that talk show, your face is very much pakistani... if you wear pant shirts, you will be mistaken as a punjabi visitor...

Master Khan
05-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Everyone will rob in Pakistan, even the checking staff in the Ariport.
We always bring along our cousin who is a police and fought in the Swat war, he shows his ID and they left us alone.

Nokia_Apridy
05-24-2011, 05:33 AM
balay balay................Master Khan ror ma waldo........:)

bas shaba pic upload kwa...