View Full Version : Badar Muneer! Legend of pastho film.

woor
10-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Badar Muneer was born in madyan, small town in swat. His dad was a mullah in a local mosque. He never liked studies, islamic or other, ran away to karachi and started hard labor and never had any passion for moives. He did all sort of jobs and became a rikshaw driver.

He was once taken to cinema by his friend and since then he wanted to be in movies. He once dropped someone at the film studios in Karachi and never stopped going there and asking for roles. He also got a job as a servant with Waheed Murad (a pakistani film star).With Waheed Murad reference he got job a light man and other small jobs behind the camera.

One of the director wanted to make a pastho film, and Badar Muneer was taken as hero. It was third or fourth pashto movie made, but this was a major one called , "Yousaf Khan Sherbano" it was mega hit and Badar Muneer became a super star. He was casted in 10 pastho moives at one time.

He since then has worked in hunderds of Pashto, urdu and punjabi movies. He always stayed humble and always used to tell people of his past.

He died in 2008 of heart attack.

IamDZJ
10-12-2010, 07:47 PM
100s 0f badar munirs can't equal to asif khan's one hair strand. no offense to any one.

Feroza_Banu
10-12-2010, 08:06 PM
^who is Asif Khan?

IamDZJ
10-12-2010, 08:15 PM
^who is Asif Khan?

YouTube - pashto old nice tune(orbal) shams turi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZuoWcYqB5c)

Wrayun
10-13-2010, 11:48 PM
100s 0f badar munirs can't equal to asif khan's one hair strand. no offense to any one.

Akkhhhhhtttuuuu......Asif Khan! Who was he? Badar Munir is the shiznit, an epic LEGEND yo! Asif was a fancy boy, him and his hair... Badar on the other hand, kept it real.

"Sherbano...da sta da plaar izaat zma izaat dey! Za kor tah..khalak ba se waye!"

Women...always the cause of mischief.

IamDZJ
10-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Akkhhhhhtttuuuu......Asif Khan! Who was he? Badar Munir is the shiznit, an epic LEGEND yo! Asif was a fancy boy, him and his hair... Badar on the other hand, kept it real.

"Sherbano...da sta da plaar izaat zma izaat dey! Za kor tah..khalak ba se waye!"

Women...always the cause of mischief.

shoo...get lost.

woor
10-14-2010, 07:34 AM
DZJ its not a competition between the two, death anniversary of Badar Muneer just past so I thought it will be appropriate to remember him, It will be appreciated if we keep the thread dedicated to him, you are more than welcome to make a thread about asif khan and his hair style and also mention the roles he is doing these days, but it will be appreciated if this thread is dedicated to Badar Muneer.

Fahd
10-14-2010, 07:43 AM
hahaha bader muneee i was always watching pashtu films when i was young boy
and he was legend for us :P
i remember he's best film when he was blind and he sing always songs :)
now i don't love watching it :P

IamDZJ
10-14-2010, 08:08 AM
DZJ its not a competition between the two, death anniversary of Badar Muneer just past so I thought it will be appropriate to remember him, It will be appreciated if we keep the thread dedicated to him, you are more than welcome to make a thread about asif khan and his hair style and also mention the roles he is doing these days, but it will be appreciated if this thread is dedicated to Badar Muneer.

of course sir. i am sorry sir, would you like me to start deleting my posts sir? :glare:

eccentric
10-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Thx for suring.
In our class there was a very comman saying "zaan deenga ka, Badar Muneera !"
I didn't know,he is an actor.