View Full Version : Good News

Fish
10-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Dear Forumers,

I don't have the video, but today on RTA (National Television, Afghanistan) it was broadcasted that the Pashtuns from both side of the Durand Line had a conference in Kabul to promote and help Pashto language. Education was part of the conference, but the main issue was to promote the language on both sides and help it's status in both sides. If I'm not wrong the head of the conference was Ali Jalali.

This is a great start and it will help Pashtuns around Afghanistan and across the Durand Line. Although Pashtu is thought in Afghanistan as a compulsory course in Pakhtunkhwa it just recently started IF I am not INCORRECT.

Please share your input and lets not get abussive.

Fish
10-09-2010, 08:14 PM
I just found the news on Pajhwok;

Seminar discusses ways to make Pashtu language easy

by Maiwand Fida (http://www.pajhwok.com/en/journalist/maiwand-fida-0) on 9 October, 2010 - 17:14KABUL(PAN): A number of prominent Pashto language experts from Afghanistan and Pakistan discussed ways to make writing and speaking the Pashto language easy at a two-day seminar that concluded a day earlier in Kabul.

University teachers from northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan as well as Pashtu linguists from across Afghanistan discussed for the two days how to make the language simpler and easier both from words and grammar points of view.

Pashtu is spoken mostly in the south and east of Afghanistan, making it the largest spoken language in the war-torn country. Also, the language is the most spoken medium in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan.

Prominent among the attendees were Muhammad Akbar Akbar, Afghan famous culturist, Ali Ahmad Jalali, former interior minister, Abdul Ghafoor Liwal, director of Afghanistan's Regional Studies Centre, Professor Raj Wali Shah Khatak, poet , writer, critic and a well known figure in the field of literature from Pakistan.

The participants emphasised the need for simplicity in Pashtu language and agreed to prepare an authenticated Pashtu Grammar to make the language easy for foreigners and non-Pashtu speakers to learn.

Raj Wali Shah told Pajhwok Afghan News the seminar was a success because they were able to pave the way for an authenticated and easy Pashtu grammar. He believed the proposed grammar would be an easy guide for foreigners wanted to learn Pashtu.

"We want to have an authorised body responsible for introducing new words in the grammar which should be acceptable to Pashtu linguistics on both sides of the border," he said

In their final resolution, the linguists stressed Pashtu scholars should work in coordination and examine previous linguistic guides to prepare the grammar in compliance with contemporary linguistic principals.

The resolution also demanded Pashtun officials to pave the way for the usage of Pashtu at offices.

The Afghan Cultural Society on the occasion agreed to translate all Dari official letters into Pashtu and save them electronically and in compact desks.

Michin Khel
10-09-2010, 08:21 PM
I wonder why afghanistan consult paaki dhalkhors like us for improvement in pashto as we speak impure pashto and cant count in pashto...the motherland of pashtuns should do their job alone, why to bother dhaal khors?

BLS_1919v2.0
10-09-2010, 08:22 PM
No need for this Luffy...fish gave us great news and a welcome change. Dder kha academics from both sides should come together and further standardize Pashto...possibly see the trends on the internet and media as well..clean it up and simplify it.

Michin Khel
10-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I have noted that each dialect of pashto has huge number of unique pashto words, they should be all incorporated in standard pashto.

khyaal
10-09-2010, 08:27 PM
I wonder why afghanistan consult paaki dhalkhors like us for improvement in pashto as we speak impure pashto and cant count in pashto...the motherland of pashtuns should do their job alone, why to bother dhaal khors?

For Pashtun(afghans) to both sides of the line Paki and Punjabi are synonymous words. FYI, they didn't consult Punjabis.

Shehbaz Khan
10-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Great News !! Except for meetings I wish they can take some practical steps too :)

Admin Khan
10-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Dear Forumers,

I don't have the video, but today on RTA (National Television, Afghanistan) it was broadcasted that the Pashtuns from both side of the Durand Line had a conference in Kabul to promote and help Pashto language. Education was part of the conference, but the main issue was to promote the language on both sides and help it's status in both sides. If I'm not wrong the head of the conference was Ali Jalali.

This is a great start and it will help Pashtuns around Afghanistan and across the Durand Line. Although Pashtu is thought in Afghanistan as a compulsory course in Pakhtunkhwa it just recently started IF I am not INCORRECT.

Fish, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share this with our community. Nonetheless, with KP implementing Pashto, more Pashto books will be produced and that will directly have an effect on the status of Pashto in Afghanistan. Afghanistan alone couldn't help the status of Pashto especially when a large chunk of the Afghan population was residing in Pashtunkhwa.

Admin Khan
10-09-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.pajhwok.com/affiles/imagecache/lead_l/photo/2010/10/5058874423_8a84c42c74_z_d.jpg

Shayesta
10-09-2010, 11:58 PM
the motherland of pashtuns should do their job alone, why to bother dhaal khors?
For the illiterates a repeat;

You are welcome.

Nokia_Apridy
10-10-2010, 03:00 AM
mannnnnnnnnnna FISH ..........da YP Baba dalta ka KOBAL ka da

pa da tolanay ka...........hope haga sra ba UPDATE wi.......

Yousafzai Pakhtun
10-11-2010, 06:51 AM
My father (Baba) was one of the few from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa who attended the meeting........Yesterday they returned home happily.....He said that it was a nice gathering. The basice purpose of the meeting was to discuss that how our beloved language pashto could be simplified.....scholars from both sides of the Durand line exchanged their views, moreover the composing of Textbooks for Afghan children was also discussed......

Nokia_Apridy
10-11-2010, 07:00 AM
BaBa Ta oya chay PLAR neka HEWAD ka sa da Khushalu Hawganay

Helay shta kna.........mannnnnna YP

Nokia_Apridy
10-23-2010, 07:13 AM
SHENKAY da INDIA Sakha .........

ASANA PUKHTU KOBAL

YouTube - PUKHTUNA FRM INIDA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XYZgaYSA_w)

Nokia_Apridy
10-24-2010, 02:04 AM
Haga hem da Ghwarey kna chay Mung la JAY PUR da PAra yu PUKHTU Teacher

pukar di Teacher ba halta da PUKHTUN PUKHTUN AWO PUKHTUN pa haqa

info poha warkaye ka sanga Nazo?