View Full Version : Kaliwal Day at Peshawar University

Toramana
10-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Hahaha, watch this incredible photo-documentory.

YouTube - UNIVERSITY OF PESHAWAR kali wal day.mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQTfbZ0k2tM&feature=related)

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 03:15 AM
what the hellllll is up with everyone wearing a mole on their cheek???????????

is this how pashtoons are thought to look like in pakistan? a big black mole on their face? the typical chawkidaar look they display in their dramasssss?

DAMN THIS

i have never in my life seen a pashtoon man with a big black mole on their cheek!

IamDZJ
10-08-2010, 03:21 AM
^ as a person with a mole in her forehead i am highly disappointed in you. i too have feelings like the rest of you!:cryy:

Yousafzai Pakhtun
10-08-2010, 03:23 AM
That's what they show in PTV's dramas.....Every pashtun character has the same getup.....He would either be a chowkidar or a driver or sometimes a dacoit.......aand often a pashtun is being exposed as a stupid creature in pakistani dramas.....

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 03:31 AM
^ as a person with a mole in her forehead i am highly disappointed in you. i too have feelings like the rest of you!:cryy:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL! that cracked me up!

that is on forehead and it looks very very beautiful on u... did u really want me to say that? u already know it suits u... dont complain or i will slap ur mole :fighting:

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 03:35 AM
That's what they show in PTV's dramas.....Every pashtun character has the same getup.....He would either be a chowkidar or a driver or sometimes a dacoit.......aand often a pashtun is being exposed as a stupid creature in pakistani dramas.....

I am really really really offended. i can not express how sad i feel about this. I really clicked on the video to see sometihng positive. i was excited to see how this day was celebrated... especially by some educated pashtoons. I was expecting to see true depiction of my culture and attire.

and alas! all i could notice is their big moles on their cheek... typical of how we are portrayed on TV in Pakistan.

this really broke my heart! :cryy:

Toramana
10-08-2010, 07:04 PM
This seems to be just a fun-play to mimic how does common folk in a Pashtun village look like or behave (intentionally in an exaggerated manner just like done in caricatures) and to take pleasure from the experience. It is not a representation of Pashtuns in a multicultural show or environment.

The participants in the event are Pashtuns trying to amuse fellow Pashtuns and themselves as well in a Pashtun environment.

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 07:11 PM
This seems to be just a fun-play to mimic how does common folk in a Pashtun village look like or behave (intentionally in an exaggerated manner just like done in caricatures) and to enjoy the experience. It is a representation of Pashtuns in a multicultural show or environment.

The participants in the event are Pashtuns trying to amuse fellow Pashtuns and themselves as well in a Pashtun environment.

I consider this an insult... is this how Pashtoonkhwa pashtoons look like? if all of you have a black mole on ur cheek then i have nothing to argue here.

but in Afghanistan... as i said I have yet to see a pashtoon that has that ridiculous mole.

Amusement is one thing... making fun of yourself in public is another. This is certainly spitting up in the sky where the spit comes right back on the personís face!

if you are blind... i can't help u.

Master Khan
10-08-2010, 07:13 PM
what is this crap, I never seen a big mole on anyone in my village?
and Kaliwal Girls don't wear these kind of Burkas

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 07:22 PM
what is this crap, I never seen a big mole on anyone in my village?
and Kaliwal Girls don't wear these kind of Burkas

Thank you for claring that up because i started thinking that all KP pashtoons look like that... which is why Toramana doesn't have a problem with it.

OH i do rememebr where i have seen a pashtoon like that....A PAKISTANI DRAMA!

Toramana
10-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Sorry, it should be read "It is not a representation of Pashtuns in multicultural environment".

Master Khan
10-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Thank you for claring that up because i started thinking that all KP pashtoons look like that... which is why Toramana doesn't have a problem with it.

OH i do rememebr where i have seen a pashtoon like that....A PAKISTANI DRAMA!
lol, And the funny thing is that, this is Peshawar....more like Punjabwar.
PTV don't even show that many pashto dramas...they show like one a week.

Toramana
10-08-2010, 07:30 PM
I consider this an insult... is this how Pashtoonkhwa pashtoons look like? if all of you have a black mole on ur cheek then i have nothing to argue here.

but in Afghanistan... as i said I have yet to see a pashtoon that has that ridiculous mole.

Amusement is one thing... making fun of yourself in public is another. This is certainly spitting up in the sky where the spit comes right back on the personís face!

if you are blind... i can't help u.

Sorry, the KP Pashtuns are like that born with moles on their foreheads and that is something they can't do anything about...alas the natural lesser status compared to other Pashtuns/Afghans. Hope that makes you happy.

Master Khan
10-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't see anyone with a big mole in my village or nearby villages in Paktunkhwa??
its just a typical punjabi Pakistani Thinking..we are beautiful people ok.

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Sorry, the KP Pashtuns are like that born with moles on their foreheads and that is something they can't do anything about...alas the natural lesser status compared to other Pashtuns/Afghans. Hope that makes you happy.

blah blah! the moles in the video are on their left cheek... u truely do have a weak eye sight

and how would KP pashtoons be in any lesser status... they are the same people as pashtoons in afghanistan... the only difference is that in Peshawar people like to join with panjos and make fun of themselves.

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't see anyone with a big mole in my village or nearby villages in Paktunkhwa??
its just a typical punjabi Pakistani Thinking..we are beautiful people ok.

I agree :)

Master Khan
10-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I am offended by this as a pakhtunkhwa kaliwal.
Tor Khan
Palwasha
Qrratugai
*mahzala*
Admin khan where are you?

Master Khan
10-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I agree :)
manana, thanks for sticking up for us.

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 07:37 PM
manana, thanks for sticking up for us.

Don't thank me... I am sticking up for my own people! and I am offended too!

Master Khan
10-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Manana Feroza khorakai, Lar ao Bar Yo Afghan I guess :)

stupid peshawar PATHANS, These people need to wake up and came to my village and we will show what a kaliwal is.

oh I posted a drama which my village made, show me one person with a mole in it.

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 07:41 PM
lol, And the funny thing is that, this is Peshawar....more like Punjabwar.
PTV don't even show that many pashto dramas...they show like one a week.

I have watched enough Urdu dramas in pakistan to know when the "maimm saab" calls "something khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" a pashtoon with a big mole on his cheek appears and say "jee bi bi jee"...

appearantly all over Pakistan, pashtoons are their nokar, maali, or drivers (which is NOT true).

Panjab and sindh has enough poor to fill all of these positions, and they do but when they show a chawkidaar on TV, suddenly his name is "something Khan"

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Manana Feroza khorakai, Lar ao Bar Yo Afghan I guess :)

stupid peshawar PATHANS, These people need to wake up and came to my village and we will show what a kaliwal is.

oh I posted a drama which my village made, show me one person with a mole in it.

Lar aw bar yaw khalak! yaw afghan and yaw pashtoon!

Oh i know we don't look like that... but thats what they show... as if we are defected...

its their inner jealousy... Pashtoons are no doubt the most beautiful people I have seen... and I have travelled to many countries in the world!

Master Khan
10-08-2010, 07:43 PM
I have watched enough Urdu dramas in pakistan to know when the "maimm saab" calls "something khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" a pashtoon with a big mole on his cheek appears and say "jee bi bi jee"...

appearantly all over Pakistan, pashtoons are their nokar, maali, or drivers (which is NOT true).

Panjab and sindh has enough poor to fill all of these positions, and they do but when they show a chawkidaar on TV, suddenly his name is "something Khan"
and they are wearing a Pakol aswell lol, I swa this one drama where a nokaar was wearing a pakol...I got pretty annoyed..errr!

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 07:45 PM
^oh yes!... the pakol, the mole, and one stick in their hand

Master Khan
10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
LOL!!, wow khorakai i guess you watch Paki Dramas...Thats why I don't watch any Dramas when I am Back home....plus girls watch it lol

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 07:57 PM
^lol countless... I grew up in Quetta... I have spent half my life there... when i speak about status of pashtoons and pashto in Pakistan.. i speak out of experience and knowledge. I don't just fire in the air. I have studied 10 years from First grade till 10th, half in private school half in Government School.

I went to one of the biggest girls high school... Mission High School in Quetta.