View Full Version : Fashion No No

Laila
10-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Which fashion trend do you not like at all?

I hate jean skirts! i absolutely hate it when girls wear it :banghead: I remember back in middle school and high school, anytime i saw someone wearing it, i felt like banging my head against the wall.

IamDZJ
10-07-2010, 08:56 PM
i can't stand people wearing red.

Laila
10-07-2010, 08:58 PM
^ LOL. Why is that?

I hate it when guys sag their pants :mad4: I think its the dumbest trend ever!

amna.
10-07-2010, 08:59 PM
I hate it when I see a woman wearing these super skinny jeans. Dont they feel uncomfortable? I am talking skin tight.

Laila
10-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I hate it when I see a woman wearing these super skinny jeans. Dont they feel uncomfortable? I am talking skin tight.

Thank you! :hug1" actually, they have came up with skinny jeans that are made of spandex....but look like skinny jeans

IamDZJ
10-07-2010, 09:13 PM
this picture is taken from a very far distance so the quality is bad. she is wearing spandex underneath gray shorts. literally see through.

amna.
10-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Jeans shouldnt be worn to expose your body in such hideous ways. I like ordinary comfortable jeans. not these super tight skinny ones.

Laila
10-07-2010, 10:56 PM
this picture is taken from a very far distance so the quality is bad. she is wearing spandex underneath gray shorts. literally see through.

omg, and she is wearing a hijab. Pathetic. tuba tuba

Laila
10-07-2010, 11:24 PM
^ LOL definitely an Islamic fashion NO NO!

I HATE colored manicures

here is what i mean

http://weddingcometrue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/another-name-for-manicures.jpg

*shivers* uggggghhhh BLS ;)

gulmeena
10-08-2010, 02:50 AM
i hate it when the girls wear burqa that figure out her body.mostly these borqas are cut according to the body line.so if their figure is visible then what the hell are they wearing it for.this is a fasion nowadays and i hate it too much.damn it!:pullinghair:

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 02:51 AM
i can't stand people wearing red.

u will fall in love with red once u see me wear it.... :wub:

Levanaye Zalmaye
10-08-2010, 03:20 AM
i hate it when the girls wear burqa that figure out her body.mostly these borqas are cut according to the body line.so if their figure is visible then what the hell are they wearing it for.this is a fasion nowadays and i hate it too much.damn it!:pullinghair:

You do Ernesto a big disfavor by encouraging burkhas.

gulmeena, in most societies, burkhas are forced upon women in different ways. One is direct - "wear a burkha or else I'll honor-kill you". Then there's an indirect compulsion - everyone in her society (home, extended-family, neighborhood, ethnic group) wears one and she's too afraid to stand out.

That is why I've seen many burkha girls who do whatever it can to feel feminine. It's their natural urge to look beautiful, there's nothing wrong with that at all regardless of what our adam-khor malagaan will tell you. There's this girl I know who took the burkha on her own accord. She's a big Zaid Hamid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaid_Hamid) fan, maybe that's where she got the inspiration from. And she does it properly. The most attracted I've ever felt to her is -1045.54x10^6. Which is saying a lot.

Anyway, here are some of my fashion no-nos:

- Wearing way too much blush-on and eye-shadow.

- Bright colors. Like orange and yellow. They look undignified and unprofessional.

- Short, guy-like hair. Keep it long, that's how it's preferred.

- Wearing stuff that jingles when you walk. Reminds me of cows and goats.

- Sweating. Girls shouldn't sweat, it's gross.

- Wearing a kameez with a really big neck (to show your back). What's the point of that? It looks retarded.

- Wearing too much sun-block. No one likes oily faces.

- Black nail polish. It looks pretentious.

- Being fat. I don't like fat girls. They're not aesthetically pleasing.

- The super casual look. It sucks. At least put some effort into it.

Can't think of any more right now.

BLS_1919v2.0
10-08-2010, 03:47 AM
^ LOL definitely an Islamic fashion NO NO!

I HATE colored manicures

here is what i mean

http://weddingcometrue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/another-name-for-manicures.jpg

*shivers* uggggghhhh BLS ;)

Thank juu bery much :-P I can't stand that oh lord it is so unattractive...HIGH5 OG.

Tamara
10-08-2010, 11:12 AM

Firstly I can't understand that you take pics of strangers, secondly that's antisocial that you uploaded this pic.

Tamara
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
That is a fashion Laila. exposing your rear but wearing a scarf.

That makes you not better, when you joke about this girl.

IamDZJ
10-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Firstly I can't understand that you take pics of strangers, secondly that's antisocial that you uploaded this pic.

i do. i take pictures of drunk kids in the train. i take videos of them acting crazy. i sometimes even get in to fights with them for doing so.
i am antisocial. it's not a secret or that big of an issue for me.

i don't feel guilty but if i ever do i will erase it by feeding lunch to some drug addict in downtown or offer my seat to an elderly in the train.
think of me as you may. :smile1:

u will fall in love with red once u see me wear it.... :wub: don't ever wear red around me...never ever..as a matter of fact , i forbid you.

eyeliner
10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
^ lol.......today i was waiting at the bus stop when this girl who had a scarf on and she had a top where there was a design where you could see exposed skin...i was like why is she wearing a scarf while her back is visible. Either wear it properly or just take it off.

gulmeena
10-08-2010, 01:43 PM
You do Ernesto a big disfavor by encouraging burkhas.
well about Ernesto i would say i like his revolutionist behavior.it doesn't mean i like the purpose of his revolution.not all of the revolutionist has the same purpose for revolution.look at the history.Napoleon bonaparte had a different purpose for revolution,Attila had quite a different purpose and same goes for Alexander,all of these were revolutionist but not for the same purpose.Ernesto tried to bring Marxist revolution.well the later word is always revolution in such type missions but the thing that matters is the former word.if i idealize his revolutionist,enthusiastic and may be fanatic behavior it descent mean i favor the purpose of his revolution.my inspiration is his behavior and his plans not the purpose.if i want to bring a revolution it doesn't mean i am gonna bring it for the same purpose as that of Ernesto.it really doesn't mean that i favor all his likes and dislikes.but the only thing i would like to get inspiration from him is his bravery and his plans he made to accomplish his mission.i think now you got what i mean by idealizing a revolutionist.
gulmeena, in most societies, burkhas are forced upon women in different ways. One is direct - "wear a burkha or else I'll honor-kill you". Then there's an indirect compulsion - everyone in her society (home, extended-family, neighborhood, ethnic group) wears one and she's too afraid to stand out.

That is why I've seen many burkha girls who do whatever it can to feel feminine. It's their natural urge to look beautiful, there's nothing wrong with that at all regardless of what our adam-khor malagaan will tell you. There's this girl I know who took the burkha on her own accord. She's a big Zaid Hamid fan, maybe that's where she got the inspiration from. And she does it properly. The most attracted I've ever felt to her is -1045.54x10^6. Which is saying a lot.
who said i am against Burks?i never said i hate Burqas.but i do hate the purpose of wearing it i.e for fashion.by wearing Burqas or abyas or Sadars we mean to get the real essence of purdah.not to uncover our selves even more.do you know why females wear shuttle cock Burqas or abyas.i guess you do.any way if you dont then here i explain it for you.the main purpose is that it hides the figure of female.and that is why males will not be attracted to wards the girl.well if your attraction is out of respect due to her wearing of Burqas,then thats the other case.most of us wear it for protection from male staring and we feel safe and sound when we veil our self with either the Burqas or Pashtun Sadars.i like pash tun Sadar more than the so called abyas which most of girls wear for fashion.if you dont get the real essence of Burqas then what the hell you are wearing it for?
look!i am not talking about shuttle cock Burkas as it is mostly implemented in far areas of pashtun land.in these areas most females wear it Cox they are forced to wear it.i dont know about any such kinda fashion in which shuttle cock Burqa is worn for fashion purpose.all of these shuttle cock and fashion abayas as well as true abayas are burqas but the type do matters.coz thats where we differentiate b/w the purpose of wearing them.if its Sadar or the pashtun Burqa then yea theres no way to wear it for fashion.but abyas(as people called it fashion Burqas) so as its mostly like a long shirt so the cut matters.if its cut according to the body line then it does not fulfill the real purpose of a veil.this is kinda one peace so the cut according to your body line ake your body figure even more prominent.well i agree with you that this is their right to look beautiful but this right should be availed in places where you are b/w your family members or your relatives.they should not let the na-mahrams avail this chance to look at their beauty.
now you should have understood why i am against those burqas which are not according to islamic shariya.

gulmeena
10-08-2010, 01:46 PM
^ lol.......today i was waiting at the bus stop when this girl who had a scarf on and she had a top where there was a design where you could see exposed skin...i was like why is she wearing a scarf while her back is visible. Either wear it properly or just take it off.
exactly!!!:thumbup:
thats why i gave the reference of abayas.

IamDZJ
10-08-2010, 09:22 PM
i know some south african (tanzanian) muslims who wear it with short sleeves and see through dresses. i have a friend who wears it tightly around her head one day and walks around in miniskirts the other. her mother is the same. it's not because they don't know how to be proper muslima's but that they don't consider is a part of their idea of what is expected from one. the hijab is not seen as a religious symbol in all islamic countries. it's a cultural thing so they pick and choose which parts they want to follow.

IamDZJ
10-08-2010, 10:17 PM
i wish i knew flared jeans were going out of style so i could stock some. :cryy:

Laila
10-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Over accessorizing is a huge fashion no no to me

Laila
10-09-2010, 12:45 AM
^Sure :)

http://fashionjunkiiee.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/over1.jpg?w=230&h=230
http://i45.tinypic.com/24gpnc6.png

Tamara
10-09-2010, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE=DaZahroJaam;202947]i do. i take pictures of drunk kids in the train. i take videos of them acting crazy. i sometimes even get in to fights with them for doing so.
i am antisocial. it's not a secret or that big of an issue for me.

i don't feel guilty but if i ever do i will erase it by feeding lunch to some drug addict in downtown or offer my seat to an elderly in the train.
think of me as you may. :smile1:

Instead of focusing what other people do, You should change your attitude. Don't be proud of being unsocial. Don't take it as compliment, there's nothing positiv of being unsocial.

Take it as a advise, from a Muslimah to a Muslimah.

IamDZJ
10-09-2010, 09:59 AM
i m not a freeloader either.

amna.
10-09-2010, 12:33 PM
DZJ what's a freeloader?

Tamara
10-09-2010, 12:42 PM
DZJ what's a freeloader?

Freeloader is a person who habitually depends on the charity of others for food, shelter, etc.

IamDZJ
10-09-2010, 05:54 PM
i am fully aware of what i am doing. save your advice for some one who has the decency to appreciate it.

IamDZJ
10-09-2010, 09:00 PM
i love long skirts that touch the floor. i wear them when i want to feel girli.
by the way my last reply was not meant for pashtunqueen. it's for tamara..

Laila
10-09-2010, 09:35 PM
^ i second that!

Laila
10-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Laila I can picture you in this. http://www.productappeal.com/photos/uncategorized/skinnyjeans_1.jpg

:shy: is that a fashion yes yes or no no?

Laila
10-09-2010, 10:18 PM
^ :dancing:

Gulalai
10-09-2010, 10:29 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRJoWSC5HUofQ2mV8BEf6ZKdEG4AvDd lJXOfTh_RTOxItIbdg&t=1&usg=__PgoupdlJ5S7akAVFP5UqMkd0dlA=

this is a no no.....

wait.. i'm glad she's wearing a Hijab (mashallah)
but i feel like its over layered & just looking at it suffocates me :shy:

IamDZJ
10-10-2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.jing-shop.com/375-510-large/aladdin-pants-bloomers-sii-khai-ghai-eggshell-colors.jpg

Laila
10-10-2010, 01:27 PM
http://www.jing-shop.com/375-510-large/aladdin-pants-bloomers-sii-khai-ghai-eggshell-colors.jpg

AHAHAHAHA! MC Hammer pants lol definitely a no no

tor_khan
10-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm sure that this doesn't just apply to a single demographic, but I've seen this MANY times when on vacation. They even turn up in most exotic places, especially when a bunch of senior Europeans or Americans get off the tourist bus. You know the type - white-haired, satchel-carriers, visor-capss, with zoom lense cameras and maps.

Khakhi shorts, knobbly knees, and to top it off, socks and sandals. Surprisingly, still not illegal.

http://www.clearlyso.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/socks-and-sandals1.jpg

How about this public health requirement?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/81141_f496.jpg

And just in case you might think socks and sandals might be safe to look at, consider this (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_or4Wyx27HeE/Scvumy1iPNI/AAAAAAAABnM/08Iw-KGuSLI/s320/socks-and-sandals-002.jpg).

Laila
10-18-2010, 11:47 PM
!!!!!!UGG boots!!!!!!!:pullinghair:

http://www.idboots.com/images/ugg-boots-sale/Brown-Classic-Argyle-Knit-UGG-Boots.jpg
:banghead:
:fighting:
:lal18:
:die:
:fume:
:Sick:
:mad4:
:gun:
:mad:
:glare:
:cursing:
:smh:

Gulalai
10-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Gulalai why is that a no no?

i said because it is over layered, and looks like it's all wrapped tightly.. and therefore looks very uncomfortable

i prefer something more like this
http://i53.tinypic.com/2623xjn.jpg

Gulalai
10-19-2010, 05:01 PM
i dislike when Girls who claim to be Muslim walk around in very short sleeve shirts... :/

that's a fashion no no :hmm:

Laila
10-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Wearing retro bright colored shirts...uggghhhh :banghead:

Gulalai
10-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Is that you?

lol No
its the lady from
YouTube - Amenakin's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/amenakin)

AmitRazdan
10-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I see some muslim women wear hijabs with very tight jeans and high heels and tons of mascara, i would like to know if that is ok..lol

Gulalai
10-26-2010, 08:17 PM
a hijab with a skirt is a no no.

Many hijabis wear long skirts.
Hey it's better than tight pants, kana? lol

one time i saw a girl at a water park wearing shortttttt shorts, a loose t-shirt and a hijab. . . . :awkward:

that is not okay...

IamDZJ
10-26-2010, 09:41 PM
i wear skirts. mini skirts are mini skirts and skirts that touch the floor are skirts.

amna.
10-27-2010, 05:10 PM
I think nowadays when someone says skirt they are talking about this.

http://yougotpamd.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/high-waist-skirt.jpg

IamDZJ
10-27-2010, 05:57 PM
No body does that.

Gulalai
10-27-2010, 07:06 PM
^ lol!

Fashion No No:
-Guys who wear huuuge XXXXXXXXXXXL PUFFY winter jackets..

-Big hoodrat hoop earrings..

-Jeggings.. LOL especially with a shirt that isn't long enough to cover your behind :smh:
(actually buying Jeggins that are in a "hijab friendly" size is wonderful because they are so comfortable :hmm:)

Laila
10-28-2010, 12:56 AM
-Big hoodrat hoop earrings..

Aint nothing butta hoochie mama...hoodrat hoodrat hoochie mama LOL ewwww i despise those hoop earrings *cringes* That is worse than a Fashion No NO. Its more like Fashion, Girrrrrl if You Ever Wear those Earrings, i will slap you across the Face No NO :D just saying

IamDZJ
10-31-2010, 01:01 PM

Gulalai
10-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Aint nothing butta hoochie mama...hoodrat hoodrat hoochie mama LOL ewwww i despise those hoop earrings *cringes* That is worse than a Fashion No NO. Its more like Fashion, Girrrrrl if You Ever Wear those Earrings, i will slap you across the Face No NO :D just saying

LOL lewanai :hug1"

and those looong acrylic nails :awkward: looooollllllll! tobah