View Full Version : NFWP to Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa: a remedy for Pashtun rebellion

شمله ور خراساني
04-20-2010, 12:09 AM
As salaamu aleikoum,

In the past few days there were many images of silly dancing Pashtuns in the media celebrating the name change.

While our homes are being bombed, our women raped, our children bitten by dogs, our wells poisoned and our brothers tortured, proud brave Pashtun warriors dance like drunken monkeys celebrating a name change which was decided in Washtington as a remedy to prevent Pashtuns from demanding their right of self-determination and liberty from the yoke of Punjabo-American colonialism.

I was amazed at how silly and pathetic our people can be. It seems like those dancing and cheering people suffered from amnesia or it could be that because of their drinking and smoking habits, they have the tendency to forget.

The images of torture, bloodshed and bombs set in market-places by American psyops operations were all forgotten. The widowed women and orphans dwelling in camps wihtout male chaperons are no longer "nang".

Because thanks to a decree from Washington, now we can refer to NFWP as Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa.

:congrats:

Abdaal
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
The timing of the name change is not ideal; however, the significance of this action cannot be underestimated. Let us not give too much credit to Washington; our Pashtun leaders deserve some credit. I do understand that in the currrent times we can hardly celebrate this substantial landmark; however, this name change was abolutely necessary for the solidarity and integrity of the Pashtuns. This is a recognition of our identity, our culture and our ethnicity.
We the Pashtuns are more than anyone else responsible for our fate. We are a nation known for our great qualities at the same time we need to overcome our weaknesses and work together to improve the life of our people. At this time the prestige of the Pashtun nation is at its lowest ebb. A name change will serve as a catalyst for making the move for the better. May Allah provide us the willpower and strength to overcome our obscurantism and leverage our strengths to bring ourselves abrest with the developments in the world.

Master Khan
04-21-2010, 03:37 PM
I think we didn't need to have the "khyber" bit
Pashtunkhwa or Pashtunistan would have been nice.

Abdaal
04-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Khyber Pukhtunkwa means the Pukhtunkhwa on the Khyber side.
Actually, the whole of Afghanistan and all the Pushtun regions in Pakistan form one big Pukhtunkhwa. The state of Pakistan; in particular Punjab and the non Pashtun of Puktunkhwa seems to have prevailed here by not agreeing to a single name "Pukhtunkhwa". The fears of these groups is a writing on the wall 'Pukhtunkhwa' on either side of the border may join with the one on this side of the border. I think it may have been these groups who have somehow pushed for adding Khyber to Pukhtunkhwa. Anyway, it is a useless addition and acts as a redundant prefix...and will be dropped with the passage of time; either by parliamentary vote or just because it is too long a word.

So, I would not call it a conspiracy. It may have been a compromise...of course we would have been a lot better without it. let's take it one step at a time. We will get there eventually. There was definitely a lot of opposition to the change of name. The Sariaki and the Hazara groups have a lot of influence and were trying to sabotage the process all along.

Or it could have been named Khyber Pukhtunkhwa deliberately. If it was called only Pukhtunkhwa then it should have been the complete Pukhtunkhwa. Since it is not the complete Pukhtunkhwa it is Khyber Pukhtunkhwa.

gadoonwal
04-26-2010, 05:07 AM
We can call it north- pashtunkhwa(nwfp) but not khyber-pakhtunkhwa.
Greater pashtunkhwa is divided into tow parts,,the bara pashtunkhwa(pashtun part of afghanistan) lara pashtunkhwa is on the east of durandline(pashtun part under the pakistani administration).The lara pashtunkhwa is divided into three parts(1)fata-central pashtunkhwa(2)norht-pashtunkhwa(nwfp)(3)south-pashtunkhwa(pashtun part of baluchistan).The people of attock and mainwali are also pashtun so we can call that part ,,margala-pashtunkhwa.
khyber-pakhtunkhwa is better then ,,,sarhad,, but still a name choosen by punjabi establishment.A colonail name change by another master of pashtuns.

BLS_1919v2.0
04-26-2010, 05:08 AM
We can call it north- pashtunkhwa(nwfp) but not khyber-pakhtunkhwa.
Greater pashtunkhwa is divided into tow parts,,the bara pashtunkhwa(pashtun part of afghanistan) lara pashtunkhwa is on the east of durandline(pashtun part under the pakistani administration).The lara pashtunkhwa is divided into three parts(1)fata-central pashtunkhwa(2)norht-pashtunkhwa(nwfp)(3)south-pashtunkhwa(pashtun part of baluchistan).The people of attock and mainwali are also pashtun so we can call that part ,,margala-pashtunkhwa.
khyber-pakhtunkhwa is better then ,,,sarhad,, but still a name choosen by punjabi establishment.A colonail name change by another master of pashtuns.

Nu wrora che pakhtaana dagha shaanth pak establishment, pakistan state ya panjabi establishment tha zindabad kaee nu da dyuu waak ba wee. Yaw tharff na kyber pakhtunkhwa tha khpaa dee bal tharf na jeevae jeevae keegee. Zamaa pa nazr da nashae kaedae che yaw khpaa yaw zae ao bal pa bal zae kae. Manana

imb706
04-26-2010, 05:27 AM
Do you guys want the NFWP to be separate from pakistan? I'm very interested in this, but I don't know anything really about the area.

BLS_1919v2.0
04-26-2010, 05:35 AM
I can't speak for everyone...some do some do not. It depends on their political background and relation to the state of pakistan. However I have to mention that nwfp (now khyber pashtunkhwa) is not the only pashtun area within pakistan. There is northern balochistan (southern pashtunkwa), FATA (Central Pashtunkhwa) and mianwali/attock (eastern pashtunkhwa). I personally believe that these areas should be reunited with their motherland Afghanistan. We are ethnic Afghans as well, and to get real peace in the region it makes logical sense to reunite them. Just like East and West germany were reunited so should we. The only reason we were divided was due to the great game between russia and Britain, and then we were incorporated under Pakistan thanks to Britain's paranoia towards Russia.

imb706
04-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Well I can definitely understand that sentiment. Even the US was divided once, but it united again. I assume your guys opinion on Pakistan is not too high.

BLS_1919v2.0
04-26-2010, 05:41 AM
Well I can definitely understand that sentiment. Even the US was divided once, but it united again. I assume your guys opinion on Pakistan is not too high.

Well the state, ideology and army for sure not high at all. However the people, I have no issue with. Ye, again this is not a majority minority thing, just some believe it should happen, others do not. It all depends on the regional politics. It was regional politics and the great game which divided us, it was not as if Pashtunkhwa (pashtun areas within pakistan) seceded from Afghanistan, we were divided and leased out to britain.

imb706
04-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Well whats your exact views on it?

BLS_1919v2.0
04-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Well whats your exact views on it?

I believe it should be reunited into one Afghanistan. Pashutnkhwa is Afghan land and it belongs to Afghanistan. That is my opinion. I am from Pashtunkhwa (the pashtun areas currently under Pakistan). I don't think one Pakhtun/Afghan from Afghanistan should be politically divided from an Pakhtun/Afghan of Pashtunkhwa.

imb706
04-26-2010, 05:55 AM
Well, how do you view the current Afghan leaderships view on this, if they have one. Again, I'm very ignorant on that issue.

BLS_1919v2.0
04-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Well, how do you view the current Afghan leaderships view on this, if they have one. Again, I'm very ignorant on that issue.

What do you mean?

imb706
04-26-2010, 06:05 AM
I mean, is it on the agenda of the Afghan leadership to unite with these places, is it against their agenda, do they care at all or etc? What does Karzai think?

BLS_1919v2.0
04-26-2010, 06:09 AM
I mean, is it on the agenda of the Afghan leadership to unite with these places, is it against their agenda, do they care at all or etc? What does Karzai think?

No afghan government recognizes the Durand line, nor has taken back this claim on Pashtunkhwa. And that includes taliban government. Ironically, Pakistan ISI and govt supported the taliban and one of their motivations was that they would finalize the durand line issue. The taliban refused to do so and continued their claim on it. This has been the case for all afghan governments.

imb706
04-26-2010, 06:13 AM
Oh, did the taliban government ever try to take the lands they claimed?

BLS_1919v2.0
04-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Oh, did the taliban government ever try to take the lands they claimed?

Not really, there was an issue with the Mohmand Agency in 2001, but nothing substantial. Afghanistan is very weak, inshallah when the country sees peace then it can exert more pressure. Pashtun national movements need a strong Afghanistan, without it, it is not possbile. However, I can not tell you the intentions of taliban, but all I know is that Taliban have never recognized the durand line (like every Afghan govt) and refused to give up its claim on Pashtunkhwa.

imb706
04-26-2010, 06:20 AM
I'm certainly not calling you people Taliban or any other afghan group, I'm just asking. Do you think Afghanistan will be in a position of power ever again?

BLS_1919v2.0
04-26-2010, 06:24 AM
We hope...it will be a long journey,. It would help if its neighbors would stop meddling in its affairs. Again I can't predict the future, we just hope it does, and we play our part. Without it Pashtuns have a bleak bleak future.

imb706
04-26-2010, 06:31 AM
There was a time when North America was a poor, depressed area but it eventually became a superpower. Maybe the same with happen with Afghanistan.

Dinosaur Khan
04-26-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm certainly not calling you people Taliban or any other afghan group, I'm just asking. Do you think Afghanistan will be in a position of power ever again?
judging from attitude of afghan people i say a big no.............

pir_Rokhan
04-26-2010, 05:56 PM
As salaamu aleikoum,

In the past few days there were many images of silly dancing Pashtuns in the media celebrating the name change.

While our homes are being bombed, our women raped, our children bitten by dogs, our wells poisoned and our brothers tortured, proud brave Pashtun warriors dance like drunken monkeys celebrating a name change which was decided in Washtington as a remedy to prevent Pashtuns from demanding their right of self-determination and liberty from the yoke of Punjabo-American colonialism.

I was amazed at how silly and pathetic our people can be. It seems like those dancing and cheering people suffered from amnesia or it could be that because of their drinking and smoking habits, they have the tendency to forget.

The images of torture, bloodshed and bombs set in market-places by American psyops operations were all forgotten. The widowed women and orphans dwelling in camps wihtout male chaperons are no longer "nang".

Because thanks to a decree from Washington, now we can refer to NFWP as Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa.

:congrats:

I agree with half of your post.Yes if the name change is used to crush rebellion then it is not good. However I donk think it is the case as this Pakhtunkhwa was accepted half heartedly.Punjab will never like this name.It is a partial achievement in both fronts viz in temporarily fighting for the Pashtun' rights as well as long term provoncial autonomy or right of self determination and freedom in case the Punjabi imperialism becomes unbearable.
But frankly I appreciate this criticism.

Master Khan
04-26-2010, 09:11 PM
alaka it wasn't easy changing our land name, its a good thing.
But we still got a long way to get our full rights.

Dinosaur Khan
04-26-2010, 10:19 PM
alaka it wasn't easy changing our land name, its a good thing.
But we still got a long way to get our full rights.

Can mention the rights of pashtuns?

imb706
04-27-2010, 05:25 AM
Well you're welcome Kandahary, I'm always a positive thinker. I guess it usually comes with Progressives. Nothing is gained by being negative.